Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Logan Loya, 2020 4* WR, Bellflower (St. John Bosco) CA, (Offered 1/16/19)

Comments

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited January 2019
    I’d say Logan Loya looks like a lock but I said the same thing when we offered Jake Smith and I don’t think we even got a visit from him.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,284
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    He has also now transferred from Bosco to Orange Lutheran back to Bosco
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

He has also now transferred from Bosco to Orange Lutheran back to Bosco

I saw his hudl and thought I had the wrong white Logan at first.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,103
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    It's 2019 guy.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,275
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This kid looks like a decent receiver AND he kicks game winning field goals. If he can play BUCK, too, this is the world's first DDY4.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This kid looks like a decent receiver AND he kicks game winning field goals. If he can play BUCK, too, this is the world's first DDY4.

He’s white so that’s an automatic DDY1
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Motown said:

Great hands and route runner like Jordy Nelson, Cooper Kupp, Steve Largent for the older guys

Your probably missed a few comparisons, notably Ed McCaffrey, Brandon stokley, Eric decker. I even see a little Wes Welker in him (or skin)
    Barry sander 2.0
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Imma keep it real here even though recruits parents read the bored. The guy has an officially recognized 40 time of 4.78. At 5-11, 170, pass.

Going through our roster and wondering why we aren’t getting more contributions from even our better wide receiver recruits, the common theme is that we’ve just been recruiting slow fucks. We’ve basically been recruiting Joe Jurevicius over and over. How are they supposed to get open?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    RealRhino said:

Imma keep it real here even though recruits parents read the bored. The guy has an officially recognized 40 time of 4.78. At 5-11, 170, pass.

Going through our roster and wondering why we aren’t getting more contributions from even our better wide receiver recruits, the common theme is that we’ve just been recruiting slow fucks. We’ve basically been recruiting Joe Jurevicius over and over. How are they supposed to get open?

That’s an official 4.78 the summer after sophomore year. I imagine it will be a tick or two better by the time he hits college.

A lot of recruiting is projection.
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I don’t really believe in that. Fast is fast, even as a sophomore.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Great hands and route runner like Jordy Nelson, Cooper Kupp, Steve Largent for the older guys

I see more of Earl Thomas in him, tbh
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,577
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

Where is the evidence that speed is the problem? I'm not saying I know for a fact that it's untrue, but I'm wondering what you have seen to confirm it. I'm pretty sure Fuller and Baccellia have 40 times among the fastest on the team. Bynum, Cook and Osborne were all touted as 4.5 guys. Years if watching HS highlight films and comparing guys across years leads me to believe those times were accurate enough.

As Roadie said the problem isn't that some guys can't run fast. It's that they don't seem to know how to get away.

I do agree that the roster lacks a taller guy with legit 4.4 speed. I would have taken the kid from Texas this year and hoped he learned how to catch.