Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Logan Loya, 2020 4* WR, Bellflower (St. John Bosco) CA, (Offered 1/16/19)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Lets not make fun too much. He's a good player and would be a fine addition here. He's just not an elite athlete with deep speed. More of a possession slot guy who's very quick, runs great routes, and gets open consistently. Maybe we'll circle back to him if we miss on Gary Bryant. But right now, Junior Adams has me dreaming of a WR class of McMillian, Odunze, and Bryant. That would be DIFFERENT.

McMillan, Wilson and Odunze >

Bryant is like Loya. Good player. Not the caliber of what we can hope for in this class.
    Disagree. Bryant is John Ross-esque. He's elite.
    John Rossesque?

FOH
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Lets not make fun too much. He's a good player and would be a fine addition here. He's just not an elite athlete with deep speed. More of a possession slot guy who's very quick, runs great routes, and gets open consistently. Maybe we'll circle back to him if we miss on Gary Bryant. But right now, Junior Adams has me dreaming of a WR class of McMillian, Odunze, and Bryant. That would be DIFFERENT.

Bryant is like Loya. Good player. Not the caliber of what we can hope for in this class.
    John Rossesque?

FOH
    You're so wrong on this. He is similar to John Ross. Does he run a 4.2 40? No. But neither did John Ross in fucking high school! Bryant is already fast and will get faster in a college strength and conditioning program. Fucking everybody wants him and you think he's not good enough for us? Fuck out of here! We'd be lucky to beat USC for him.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

Bryant is big time and someone the staff is definitely prioritizing
    Yep he was 1 of the first 4 guys we offered w/ Wilson, McMillan and Demas (lol). I am personally hoping we land Bryant over everyone else. I think he is elite.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited June 2019

dnc said:

dnc said:

John Rossesque?

FOH
    You're so wrong on this. He is similar to John Ross. Does he run a 4.2 40? No. But neither did John Ross in fucking high school! Bryant is already fast and will get faster in a college strength and conditioning program. Fucking everybody wants him and you think he's not good enough for us? Fuck out of here! We'd be lucky to beat USC for him.
    Its basically a UW-USC battle. Barring some major shakeup at USC (which I think may be likely) I think we get him
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,091
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

John Rossesque?

FOH
    He looks pretty similar to Ross on the field. Besides wearing #1, same frame and size as Ross coming out of high school. The get off on his Hudl clip at 1:47 looks just like Ross. Bryant has a reported 4.46 40, but I don't think his game speed looks like a player with that type of speed. He's fast, but not as shifty or elusive as Ross (nobody really is though....)

McMillan was #1 of our WR targets. Give me Rome #2 and any one of Bryant, Gee, or Wilson #3 and I'd be Doogin.

We must remember that Bryant's film is that of a high school junior so it's tough to compare with John Ross as a senior at UW. We're basically forecasting 4-5 years down the road when we make that comparison.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    dnc said:

dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

John Rossesque?

FOH
    He looks pretty similar to Ross on the field. Besides wearing #1, same frame and size as Ross coming out of high school. The get off on his Hudl clip at 1:47 looks just like Ross. Bryant has a reported 4.46 40, but I don't think his game speed looks like a player with that type of speed. He's fast, but not as shifty or elusive as Ross (nobody really is though....)

McMillan was #1 of our WR targets. Give me Rome #2 and any one of Bryant, Gee, or Wilson #3 and I'd be Doogin.

We must remember that Bryant's film is that of a high school junior so it's tough to compare with John Ross as a senior at UW. We're basically forecasting 4-5 years down the road when we make that comparison.
    John Ross's high school senior film was insane. I don't think I ever saw his junior tape.
    I just watched his senior HS tape for reference. My Lord that dude was quick. He was in a different league than Bryant, but Bryant is still good.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

John Rossesque?

FOH

John Ross's high school senior film was insane. I don't think I ever saw his junior tape.
    Seriously, Ern, go watch Ross' high school film. Hell, I should as well just for the entertainment. He made a lot of high school defenses look like Cal's (then) defense. He came in with Daniels and String in what had to be the most ridiculous WR class at Washington to that point. String was the highest rated of the three, but it was Ross' film that had me dooging balls. It was the "How the fuck is this guy not a 5-star!?" kind of film.

I haven't seen Bryant's flim. I'm confident he's no Ross. Nor is any other kid in the country right now.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    The only reason to take Bryant or LV is to establish connections at big time USC feeder schools. Outside of that with a big 2021 class UDUB should not be looking at anyone outside of Rome, Johnny, & MAYBE Gee.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

The only reason to take Bryant or LV is to establish connections at big time USC feeder schools. Outside of that with a big 2021 class UDUB should not be looking at anyone outside of Rome, Johnny, & MAYBE Gee.

That's not the only reason you idiot. He's fucking super talented, an elite athlete, and an electric play maker. And Wilson is not a take. No Spring visit, no Summer visit, and no OV scheduled. Why do you ignore facts and who is telling you UW wants Wilson? They don't.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Lol Bryant....

I just want him for Korey Foreman.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    I would bet a lot of money on us taking Logan Loya.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I would bet the house
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I would bet the house
    You mean like the JTT recruitment;-)
  • Options

I would bet the house
    You mean like the JTT recruitment;-)
    2 years and yes he’ll be a dawg