Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Logan Loya, 2020 4* WR, Bellflower (St. John Bosco) CA, (Offered 1/16/19)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited May 2019

For us, Loya was the top receiver of the day. The Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco pass catcher drew the most oohs and aahs in the one on one drills for his ability to get separation and create space from a defensive back. He was the most natural pass catcher in the event and showed off his usual wide catch radius making several tough catches throughout the day. He wasn’t happy with his 4.6-40, which is plenty fast enough in our eyes and we have noticed a significant increase in his overall athleticism in the last year. We asked two of the top corner from the event who their toughest cover was and without hesitation, both pointed at Loya.

This is what you want. Guys who get separation and keep the chains moving. 40 times do not always tell the whole story one way or the other. It's about who the fuck can get open and catch the ball. Seems like this kid can do that so I'd be fine if they took him. I'm sick and tired of our receivers being blanketed by our DBs every day in practice. The one who is emerging is not the fastest guy but the one who runs the best routes, Austin Osborne. Of course we want fast guys who run great routes like McMillan but they're rare. You're not gonna get only guys like that. The rest of the guys have to be able to get open by being great route runners and heady technicians.
    You’ve actually been on a roll lately but man I can’t understand your manufactured hate for Johnny Wilson’s “lack of separation”.
    It's not hate. I'm sure Wilson a nice kid and all and he's a great high school player but I think he will suck ass in college. Good jump ball/back shoulder/red zone guy though. But will never be a complete receiver you want on the field most of the game.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

For us, Loya was the top receiver of the day. The Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco pass catcher drew the most oohs and aahs in the one on one drills for his ability to get separation and create space from a defensive back. He was the most natural pass catcher in the event and showed off his usual wide catch radius making several tough catches throughout the day. He wasn’t happy with his 4.6-40, which is plenty fast enough in our eyes and we have noticed a significant increase in his overall athleticism in the last year. We asked two of the top corner from the event who their toughest cover was and without hesitation, both pointed at Loya.

This is what you want. Guys who get separation and keep the chains moving. 40 times do not always tell the whole story one way or the other. It's about who the fuck can get open and catch the ball. Seems like this kid can do that so I'd be fine if they took him. I'm sick and tired of our receivers being blanketed by our DBs every day in practice. The one who is emerging is not the fastest guy but the one who runs the best routes, Austin Osborne. Of course we want fast guys who run great routes like McMillan but they're rare. You're not gonna get only guys like that. The rest of the guys have to be able to get open by being great route runners and heady technicians.
    You’ve actually been on a roll lately but man I can’t understand your manufactured hate for Johnny Wilson’s “lack of separation”.
    It's not hate. I'm sure Wilson a nice kid and all and he's a great high school player but I think he will suck ass in college. Good jump ball/back shoulder/red zone guy though. But will never be a complete receiver you want on the field most of the game.
    Not even "average" or "ordinary" or "meh"? You really wanna go all the way to "suck ass"? That's ballsy.

Again, all threads lead to AIDS.
  • Options

Not even "average" or "ordinary" or "meh"? You really wanna go all the way to "suck ass"? That's ballsy.

Again, all threads lead to Johnny Wilson.
    I didn't bring it up.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,856
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

this kid is a fucking JAG

Either him or Rome for WR3 this year. Pick wisely...
    Why do you hate Bryant?

Personally I’m dreaming of a McMillian, Wilson, Rome, Hobert class. Seems unlikely we take that many but that’s dream.

Of course I also want Redman, Adams, Bijan and Ngata and I’m very confident we’re not taking 8 skill guys. Ngata and Bijan aren’t coming here, Sunday is. Can we take those 7?

Gonna be turning away some serious talent this year.
    “Turning away some serious talent”

Possibly your greatest doog moment ever. Crazy how optimism (mine included) fades fast- about a month ago.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

this kid is a fucking JAG

Either him or Rome for WR3 this year. Pick wisely...
    Why do you hate Bryant?

Personally I’m dreaming of a McMillian, Wilson, Rome, Hobert class. Seems unlikely we take that many but that’s dream.

Of course I also want Redman, Adams, Bijan and Ngata and I’m very confident we’re not taking 8 skill guys. Ngata and Bijan aren’t coming here, Sunday is. Can we take those 7?

Gonna be turning away some serious talent this year.
    “Turning away some serious talent”

Possibly your greatest doog moment ever. Crazy how optimism (mine included) fades fast- about a month ago.
    It's still not necessarily untrue at the skill positions.

LIPO
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Loya seems to be coming on strong.

While Wilson was an early ident through the 7vs7 it seems that loya is a real good prospect too
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,019
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Washington- “I have to get up to Washington, I really want to go out and visit. I’ve never been to Washington but everyone I talk with loves it there and talks so highly of the school and how they do things.

“Junior Adams and Will Harris are the coaches talking to me and I’m going to reach out to them and see about going for a visit. I think we had some miscommunication for a little bit there where they might have thought I wasn’t interested in them but I really like them and want to go check them out.”
    This is a great sign overall, but there's no chance we take him with the way WR recruiting is going down. Hope he enjoys his visit!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Lets not make fun too much. He's a good player and would be a fine addition here. He's just not an elite athlete with deep speed. More of a possession slot guy who's very quick, runs great routes, and gets open consistently. Maybe we'll circle back to him if we miss on Gary Bryant. But right now, Junior Adams has me dreaming of a WR class of McMillian, Odunze, and Bryant. That would be DIFFERENT.

McMillan, Wilson and Odunze >

Bryant is like Loya. Good player. Not the caliber of what we can hope for in this class.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,019
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019
    dnc said:

Lets not make fun too much. He's a good player and would be a fine addition here. He's just not an elite athlete with deep speed. More of a possession slot guy who's very quick, runs great routes, and gets open consistently. Maybe we'll circle back to him if we miss on Gary Bryant. But right now, Junior Adams has me dreaming of a WR class of McMillian, Odunze, and Bryant. That would be DIFFERENT.

Bryant is like Loya. Good player. Not the caliber of what we can hope for in this class.
    Disagree. Bryant is John Ross-esque. He's elite.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    dnc said:

What the fuck NOOOO!!! Bryant is an elite burner with deep speed and elusiveness!! We want him more than fucking Wilson! He has an OV scheduled with UW for the SC game. Wilson wasn't invited to visit this Spring or Summer and doesn't have an OV scheduled with UW. We're not taking fucking Wilson!!
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Bryant is big time and someone the staff is definitely prioritizing