Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Logan Loya, 2020 4* WR, Bellflower (St. John Bosco) CA, (Offered 1/16/19)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2019
    With all that being said, Logan Loya sucks and hope we never actually have to take him.

Give me Wilson, McMillian, and Jackson.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

RealRhino said:

Imma keep it real here even though recruits parents read the bored. The guy has an officially recognized 40 time of 4.78. At 5-11, 170, pass.

Going through our roster and wondering why we aren’t getting more contributions from even our better wide receiver recruits, the common theme is that we’ve just been recruiting slow fucks. We’ve basically been recruiting Joe Jurevicius over and over. How are they supposed to get open?

Completely agree that we lack speed. Baccallia runs a sub 4.4, but he goes down easily and is not very elusive.

Not sure about Fuller, but he’s no burner.

Ty Jones is slow.

Spiker also looked slow to me and had a poor 40 time.

Speed is good, but being able to make plays on the ball and make tacklers miss are more important traits. We have guys who don’t do any of this at an elite level.
    Ty ran a verified 4.6 which is the same as Bru McCoy and Kyle Ford while also being bigger than them.

A 4.78 at 170 is incredibly slow
    Ty Jones doesn’t have 4.6 football speed. Either that or his shuttle is horrible. He’s not quick or fast.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

RealRhino said:

Imma keep it real here even though recruits parents read the bored. The guy has an officially recognized 40 time of 4.78. At 5-11, 170, pass.

Going through our roster and wondering why we aren’t getting more contributions from even our better wide receiver recruits, the common theme is that we’ve just been recruiting slow fucks. We’ve basically been recruiting Joe Jurevicius over and over. How are they supposed to get open?

Completely agree that we lack speed. Baccallia runs a sub 4.4, but he goes down easily and is not very elusive.

Ty Jones is slow.

Speed is good, but being able to make plays on the ball and make tacklers miss are more important traits. We have guys who don’t do any of this at an elite level.
    Ty ran a verified 4.6 which is the same as Bru McCoy and Kyle Ford while also being bigger than them.

Ty Jones doesn’t have 4.6 football speed. Either that or his shuttle is horrible. He’s not quick or fast.
    with his size he doesn't have to be fast
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

RealRhino said:

Ty Jones is slow.

with his size he doesn't have to be fast
    This.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    this kid is a fucking JAG
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,840
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Either him or Rome for WR3 this year. Pick wisely...
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

If we are picking between Rome and Loya for WR3 I am ecstatic and IDGAF who
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Why do you hate Bryant?

Personally I’m dreaming of a McMillian, Wilson, Rome, Hobert class. Seems unlikely we take that many but that’s dream.

Of course I also want Redman, Adams, Bijan and Ngata and I’m very confident we’re not taking 8 skill guys. Ngata and Bijan aren’t coming here, Sunday is. Can we take those 7?

Gonna be turning away some serious talent this year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why do you hate Bryant?

Personally I’m dreaming of a McMillian, Wilson, Rome, Hobert class. Seems unlikely we take that many but that’s dream.

Of course I also want Redman, Adams, Bijan and Ngata and I’m very confident we’re not taking 8 skill guys. Ngata and Bijan aren’t coming here, Sunday is. Can we take those 7?

Your doogin gave me a hard on.

I love Bryant but if we’re looking at McMillan, Wilson, Bryant, & Humphreys (not ruling him out yet due to the triple bro potential); close 50% on those guys and my tier 3 dudes are vying for the 3rd WR spot.

If the football gods smile upon us with Mac and JW, I will drink bleach.

I have limited TBS insight here, more playing the odds at this point.

So yes, based on math I’m bringing value of 1% at this point.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why do you hate Bryant?

Rome should be our #3 priority at receiver behind McMillan and Wilson. If those two weren't in the picture I'd be perfectly happy with Odunze as receiver #1.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Why do you hate Bryant?

Rome should be our #3 priority at receiver behind McMillan and Wilson. If those two weren't in the picture I'd be perfectly happy with Odunze as receiver #1.
    I didn’t watch the film but based on super accurate and super scientific rankings, that feels like saying Taj would’ve been an acceptable #1.

Why would you be ok with that?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Why do you hate Bryant?

I didn’t watch the film but based on super accurate and super scientific rankings, that feels like saying Taj would’ve been an acceptable #1.

Why would you be ok with that?
    I think Odunze has incredible film. He's in another universe compared to Taj. He's very long but still quick as hell and has elite long speed. I think he's more comparable to Nacua but with more reach and more flat out speed. Just my assessment.

Duckincarolina corrected me a few days ago when I said he'd rise in the rankings (which I don't usually see until late in the cycle...I assumed the services had him at 3*. Because that's what his thread title showed) and end up with a fourth star. Apparently he's top 200 and 4* already.
  • Options
    Loya said his next visit will likely be to Washington.

“I don’t have anything set up right now but I definitely plan to get to Washington at some point,” Loya said. “Everyone tells me how great it is up there so I know I want to try and check them out. I know they have a great program and a great staff so I’m looking forward to that. I just visited Nebraska for their Spring Game and that was great, I loved it there and had a great time.

“As for official trips, I’m not sure where I’ll visit but I think I’ll most likely wait until the season to take them. I’m still wide open to everyone and don’t have any favorites so I’m not sure where I’ll take my trips. I might just wait until the end of the summer and see where things are at. I could schedule some trips at that time but I’m in no hurry to narrow anything down right now.”
  • Options
    For us, Loya was the top receiver of the day. The Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco pass catcher drew the most oohs and aahs in the one on one drills for his ability to get separation and create space from a defensive back. He was the most natural pass catcher in the event and showed off his usual wide catch radius making several tough catches throughout the day. He wasn’t happy with his 4.6-40, which is plenty fast enough in our eyes and we have noticed a significant increase in his overall athleticism in the last year. We asked two of the top corner from the event who their toughest cover was and without hesitation, both pointed at Loya.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited May 2019

For us, Loya was the top receiver of the day. The Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco pass catcher drew the most oohs and aahs in the one on one drills for his ability to get separation and create space from a defensive back. He was the most natural pass catcher in the event and showed off his usual wide catch radius making several tough catches throughout the day. He wasn’t happy with his 4.6-40, which is plenty fast enough in our eyes and we have noticed a significant increase in his overall athleticism in the last year. We asked two of the top corner from the event who their toughest cover was and without hesitation, both pointed at Loya.

This is what you want. Guys who get separation and keep the chains moving. 40 times do not always tell the whole story one way or the other. It's about who the fuck can get open and catch the ball. Seems like this kid can do that so I'd be fine if they took him. I'm sick and tired of our receivers being blanketed by our DBs every day in practice. The one who is emerging is not the fastest guy but the one who runs the best routes, Austin Osborne. Of course we want fast guys who run great routes like McMillan but they're rare. You're not gonna get only guys like that. The rest of the guys have to be able to get open by being great route runners and heady technicians.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

This is what you want. Guys who get separation and keep the chains moving. 40 times do not always tell the whole story one way or the other. It's about who the fuck can get open and catch the ball. Seems like this kid can do that so I'd be fine if they took him. I'm sick and tired of our receivers being blanketed by our DBs every day in practice. The one who is emerging is not the fastest guy but the one who runs the best routes, Austin Osborne. Of course we want fast guys who run great routes like McMillan but they're rare. You're not gonna get only guys like that. The rest of the guys have to be able to get open by being great route runners and heady technicians.
    You’ve actually been on a roll lately but man I can’t understand your manufactured hate for Johnny Wilson’s “lack of separation”.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

You’ve actually been on a roll lately but man I can’t understand your manufactured hate for Johnny Wilson’s “lack of separation”.
    Especially since when you're 6'5", strong, with great hands and can jump you don't even need to be able to get separation in your routes.

Wilson can though.

I like McMillan better and have said so for months but Wilson's a very close second.