Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trumptard’s Wall will stop illegal drugs from flowing across our Southern border...

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    No, and Trump never claimed they would despite your lie last week and Benny's lie today to the contrary.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

No, and Trump never claimed they would despite your lie last week and Benny's lie today to the contrary.

Again, you take every word literally and lack any ability to come to any conclusions based on available evidence. Trump hasn't explicitly said the wall will stop ALL drug trafficking but he continues to bring up drugs as one of the primary reasons to build the wall. He is intentionally trying to fool the public that a wall is needed to stop the opiod epidemic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/01/how-trump-using-opioid-crisis-build-wall/579922/

But Trump presented the same fix for the crisis as for every other problem in his speech: the border wall that he’d gone on TV to pitch. The epidemic, in that way, was only a convenient means to an end, fuel for an argument the president has been making for years. The wall is the only proposal that Trump has genuinely fought to enact as president, but it’s the one that will almost surely do the least to halt the epidemic.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

SFGbob said:

Again, you take every word literally and lack any ability to come to any conclusions based on available evidence. Trump hasn't explicitly said the wall will stop ALL drug trafficking but he continues to bring up drugs as one of the primary reasons to build the wall. He is intentionally trying to fool the public that a wall is needed to stop the opiod epidemic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/01/how-trump-using-opioid-crisis-build-wall/579922/

But Trump presented the same fix for the crisis as for every other problem in his speech: the border wall that he’d gone on TV to pitch. The epidemic, in that way, was only a convenient means to an end, fuel for an argument the president has been making for years. The wall is the only proposal that Trump has genuinely fought to enact as president, but it’s the one that will almost surely do the least to halt the epidemic.
    GayBob is having a rough morning. Maybe take your foot off the throat of the old codger for a few minutes? It’s getting pretty ugly.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,358
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Taking @insinceredawg literally seems to be a no no

Because he's a lying sack of shit with a tiny brain and a micro penis

Do walls stop drugs well do they just because no one said that is no reason not to keep asking like a brain dead robot moron

Fuck off
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    Sweet Geezus you quote directly from Trump's speech showing that Trump isn't just calling for a wall that he is also calling for all kinds of other measures to curb illegal immigration and drug trafficking and these stupid Kunts still continue to respond with more crap like

The wall is the only proposal that Trump has genuinely fought to enact as president,

Hey CD, Hurd's still laughing a what a dumbfuck you are.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Trump says what he really means.

“The Democrats should say, ‘We want border security. We have to build a wall otherwise you cant have border security.’ And we should get on with our lives,” Trump told reporters outside the White House. “The Democrats are stopping us and they’re stopping a lot of great people from getting paid. All they have to do is say, ‘We want border security.’ That automatically means a wall or a barrier.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,791

Sledog said:

Quite a bit is brought over on foot. We also need improved detection on big rigs and other vehicles. HTH

“Quite a bit”

Exactly what a simpleton would say.
    I wrote it for you!
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Trump never claimed that the wall would stop all or even a significant percentage of the illegal drugs coming across the border.

In fact part of what he called for in his speech was more resources at our ports of entry in order detect more of the drugs coming into the country at those locations.

The fact is: We all agree we need to secure our borders, while honoring our values: we can build the infrastructure and roads at our ports of entry; we can install new technology to scan cars and trucks for drugs coming into our nation; we can hire the personnel we need to facilitate trade and immigration at the border; we can fund more innovation to detect unauthorized crossings.

I hope you took the strawman out for dinner and drinks before you fucked it in the ass Benny.

The answer was here dumbass
    You can do those things without a wall you dumbfuck
    And you can do them with a wall cockface
    Are you really this stupid or are you playing a caricature of yourself? It's really sad how far you've fallen.
    I guess that's one of the great things about being you isn't it Kunt. You've got nowhere to fall to.
    It's cute how you two follow each other around in threads to back defend each other. Gay Bob, looks like you've finally found a partner to fulfill all your homo erotic fantasies with.
    GayBob likes: tongueing male ass and fucking straw men after buying them dinner.
    It's a

SFGbob said:

Trump never claimed that the wall would stop all or even a significant percentage of the illegal drugs coming across the border.

In fact part of what he called for in his speech was more resources at our ports of entry in order detect more of the drugs coming into the country at those locations.

The fact is: We all agree we need to secure our borders, while honoring our values: we can build the infrastructure and roads at our ports of entry; we can install new technology to scan cars and trucks for drugs coming into our nation; we can hire the personnel we need to facilitate trade and immigration at the border; we can fund more innovation to detect unauthorized crossings.

I hope you took the strawman out for dinner and drinks before you fucked it in the ass Benny.

The answer was here dumbass
    You can do those things without a wall you dumbfuck
    And you can do them with a wall cockface
    Are you really this stupid or are you playing a caricature of yourself? It's really sad how far you've fallen.
    Walls don't work
    Walls will stop drugs that are flowing through legal points of entry. RaceFS.
    Which no one has said but when you're a lying liberal worthless piece of shit who's losing an argument this is just what you do.
    Except Trump and SledoogFS
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    SFGbob said:

Trump backpedals on so many claims that I fully expect that pretty soon he'll say he never claimed the wall will decrease illegal immigration.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

But let's just spend billions on it and see if it'll work. It's not like this country has any debt or anything.

Ahhhh so you're back to saying that walls don't work despite the fact that when you made this claim last week I provided you with numbers showing that when they put up a wall in the San Diego area, illegal border crossing in that area dropped by 95%. I also provided you with the testimonial of a Border Patrolman who stated emphatically that walls do work.
    I knew this would turn into a wall around the entire country.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baphomet said:

SFGbob said:

Trump backpedals on so many claims that I fully expect that pretty soon he'll say he never claimed the wall will decrease illegal immigration.
    I'm glad you don't care though
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TRUMP: “A big proportion of the drugs from, you know, that we have ... in this country come through the border.” — interview Saturday night with Fox News Channel.

TRUMP: “We lose 300 Americans a week, 90% of which comes through the Southern Border. These numbers will be DRASTICALLY REDUCED if we have a Wall!” — tweet Thursday.

TRUMP: “Our southern border is a pipeline for vast quantities of illegal drugs, including meth, heroin, cocaine and fentanyl. Every week, 300 of our citizens are killed by heroin alone, 90 percent of which floods across from our southern border.” — remarks Tuesday.

THE FACTS: What he’s trying to say in the tweet Thursday is that a wall would stop most heroin from coming into the country and drastically reduce heroin deaths, which average about 300 per week. But the Drug Enforcement Administration says “only a small percentage” of heroin seized by U.S. authorities comes across on territory between land ports of entry. Most of it is smuggled through official border crossings.

The agency says the same is true of drugs generally. In a 2018 report, it said the most common trafficking technique by transnational criminal organizations is to hide drugs in passenger vehicles or tractor-trailers as they drive into the U.S. though land entry ports, where they are stopped and subject to inspection. They also employ buses, cargo trains and tunnels, the report says, citing other smuggling methods that also would not be choked off by a wall.

Trump recently said drug smugglers don’t use ports of entry, an assertion flatly contradicted by his drug enforcement personnel.

Despite that disconnect, Trump went so far as to say: “The border wall would very quickly pay for itself. The cost of illegal drugs exceeds $500 billion a year, vastly more than the $5.7 billion we have requested from Congress.”
  • Options
    In before Gay Bob calls you a liar cause Trump never explicitly said "the wall will stop all drugs" and then go on to defend Trump's lies and Race tells you you to "Fuck off with your facts and logic. Me want wall!"

Those love birds are so damn predictable.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    By the way I'm still waiting for a rational argument against

Like walls don't work
  • Options

Like walls don't work

I'm still waiting for a rational explanation on how a wall will stop drugs coming through legal points of entry.

You got nothing.
  • Options

Like walls don't work

There's been a number of rational arguments against a wall. Have you ignored them or you playing dumb?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Like walls don't work

I'm still waiting for a rational explanation on how a wall will stop drugs coming through legal points of entry.

You got nothing.
    No you're not. Already covered.

Keep flailing. Walls don't work

Moron
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Like walls don't work

There's been a number of rational arguments against a wall. Have you ignored them or you playing dumb?
    Give me one.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Like walls don't work

Give me one.
    Even if you are trolling, here you go.

1) the 5.7 billion will only cover about 200 of the 2,000 miles.

2) the prototype wall can easily be sawed through.

3) have you heard of a tunnel?

4) most of illegal immigrants come through other means, this 200 miles of wall won't have any impact

5) the vast majority of drugs come through checkpoints. This funding won't have any impact in illegal drugs

6) there already is a barrier over the vast majority of the border.

7) technology is already in place at the border and is more effective with the structures already in place

8) there has been net zero illegal immigration the last 11 years.

9) given all that above, the wall is a symbol of a political victory more than doing anything to curb illegal immigration or drugs coming through the border.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's what I thought

Who is talking about 200 miles? Fund the whole wall. Beef up the checkpoints. Use tech to find tunnels

That's rational. Secure the border

There is no argument against it