Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    YPC is a dumb measurement for situational RB’s. Dick’s role was predominantly in short yardage and goal line situations when the defense usually had 8 in the box. No shit he’s gonna have a lower YPC
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I said that but that’s not the point...

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    He runs tough ... Lack of wiggle whatever ...
  • Options
    animate said:

He runs tough ... Lack of wiggle whatever ...

Yeah he’s a good situational guy
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    All i know every time I saw newton play he looked good
  • Options

It was pretty good until Stanford. Then he got hurt and it hasn’t been as good.
    Yup he’s a decent #2. Cam Davis and Sam Adams are going to be dudes though.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019
    chuck said:

I've come around on this guy. He looks like he can create on his own. Maybe a little too in love with the hero play, but he's different from the RBs we have. He's not Cam Davis, but he's tough like Newton and looks a lot shiftier than he did.

There's my issue with this film...well the main one. Soe of those plays reminded me of playground ball when the teacher wasnt looking. We'd get brave and switch to tackle, but it would devolve into the biggest kid running around and nobody tackling him even though he was easy to catch.

My biggest concern had always been whether or not he can get out of the backfield quick enough. His quickness does look to be improved, so I'll call that concern partially addressed.

He's running away from contact most of the time in his highlights. It works for him now, but wont in college. Hopefully that method gets tossed right away and he accepts that his job is to grind out tough 5 yard runs, not make a bunch of cuts and reversals looking for daylight.
    They will get him running north and south. That’s easy to fix. He does that in high school because he can get away with it. He’s got good size but he’s not a huge back. I really like how hard he is to tackle. A lot of the plays on there weren’t well blocked. His FB (maybe an H back because it’s all shotgun) is a white kid that looks 5’9” 160.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

chuck said:

I've come around on this guy. He looks like he can create on his own. Maybe a little too in love with the hero play, but he's different from the RBs we have. He's not Cam Davis, but he's tough like Newton and looks a lot shiftier than he did.

There's my issue with this film...well the main one. Soe of those plays reminded me of playground ball when the teacher wasnt looking. We'd get brave and switch to tackle, but it would devolve into the biggest kid running around and nobody tackling him even though he was easy to catch.

My biggest concern had always been whether or not he can get out of the backfield quick enough. His quickness does look to be improved, so I'll call that concern partially addressed.

He's running away from contact most of the time in his highlights. It works for him now, but wont in college. Hopefully that method gets tossed right away and he accepts that his job is to grind out tough 5 yard runs, not make a bunch of cuts and reversals looking for daylight.
    They will get him running north and south. That’s easy to fix. He does that in high school because he can get away with it. He’s got good size but he’s not a huge back. I really like how hard he is to tackle. A lot of the plays on there weren’t well blocked. His FB (maybe an H back because it’s all shotgun) is a white kid that looks 5’9” 160.
    nobody knows how to tackle him because his legs are 3 yards behind the rest of his body so when guys dive at him they miss. It's actually hilarious to watch the defenders. It kind of reminds me how nobody could figure out how to attack Pettis' feet.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

chuck said:

nobody knows how to tackle him because his legs are 3 yards behind the rest of his body so when guys dive at him they miss. It's actually hilarious to watch the defenders. It kind of reminds me how nobody could figure out how to attack Pettis' feet.
    His running style is odd and I bet it is confusing as a tackler. You have to know whether you're hitting him high or low early on because the two halves of him are so separated. Get caught in the middle and you get hips, which are unyielding and hard to grab.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    Beno4Life said:

FireCohen said:

All i know every time I saw newton play he looked good

Dick Fig Newton was arguably my favorite Player on the entire team this year. One of the only dudes who played with fire, especially on O. Before he got injured, he was the lone bright spot in that Stanford game cause his energy stood out so much.

Brought that #DeathRow mentality.

Upvote. I'll need to post a picture of the Chinesium jersey of his I got. Also got Gaskins, Latu, and Kreutz.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Youre wrong about everything and will be wrong about this
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,092
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Looks like the stable needs to step away from the table. #fettersinsidesource #alsolikesnachos #Ibringnothingtotheconversation
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Haha ok!

Should move Salvon to WR imo he only finished 3rd in rushing ypg in the pac-12.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Haha ok!

He would have been better at WR at a real program

Hth
  • Options

Haha ok!

He would have been better at WR at a real program

Hth
    DamoneFS as always
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

All I know is DDY hated him immediately like Dick, and we’ve all seen what Dick has done.

This kid runs angry as fuck. He breaks tackles, and despite a weird running style, still has plenty of plays where he is outrunning dudes.

It’ll be fine.

I don’t think he did hate him. I think he said he’s fine but he was so set in Bijan Robinson and almost every RB sucks compared to him.