Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

Meek said:
    Pete and Bush are watching this and salivating over the thought of the WildSunday. FML
    I have no problem with wildcat, with the right personnel
    I could probably Google this, but I've never understood leaving the regular QB on the field for wildcat plays. They get involved in the play so rarely, does the defense really respect their presence?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019
    Btw, the tell tale sign of wildcat being ran is a back up RB in the game. It’s obvious we are running wildcat when Pleasant comes in with Newton. Against Oregon it was when Braxton came in with Pleasant.

I called it out every time from the stands. A defensive coach of Oregon had to have noticed or they are retarded.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

It's the definitive highlight for Sunday

For those that think he'll be good, it highlights his strength and unwillingness to go down easily are on full display. You can see why there's a thought that with guys like him and Dick Newton you can have a punishing downhill running game.

For those that aren't sold on him, there's nothing on him getting to the outside that is inspiring and the only thing saving him from a decent loss is his ability to break tackles.

He'll be good if we use him right.

Two headed monster. Have a guy like Sunday beat em up and a guy like Ahmed out run them
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Or have Bijan Robinson be the best player on the field
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

we cant have nice things
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    FirePete said:

we cant have nice things
    We can get Jalen McMillan. S/O JR. just proves that boner sucks
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

we cant have nice things
    @sonics1993 you got any insight on this take? Didn't Bijan take an unofficial up here on his own dime? Were we never in it for him, and why not?
  • Options
    Because Keith can’t recruit. Simple.
  • Options

Because Keith can’t recruit. Simple.

Sorry to high Jack this, but at least KB players can play. Bob Gregory’s players are scrubs
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:

we cant have nice things
    Bijan is in another level. I like McMillan. He’s much faster, but he reminds me a little of Spiker. Don’t love him. I don’t expect him to be as good as Puka.
  • Options

FirePete said:

we cant have nice things
    Bijan is in another level. I like McMillan. He’s much faster, but he reminds me a little of Spiker. Don’t love him. I don’t expect him to be as good as Puka.
    I think of Dante every time I see him run
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

we cant have nice things
    I think of Dante every time I see him run
    Not a bad comp. I just hope he’s not soft. I know he’s laying some blocks in his hudl, but I do have that concern.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

FirePete said:

we cant have nice things
    i think he'll be Puka level but just in a different way. Guys like Puka and Jalen have that "it" that goes beyond measurables.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Big backs that like to hit and break people = good

Big backs that are pussies = bad

no one will really know what Sunday is until he steps on the field and tries to truck a college linebacker.

Hopefully he doesnt end up like less athletic version of Soso Jamambo or Chris Warren 3.

I still think he has a weird as fuck running stride and looks a bit slow but the RB production has been good and I do somewhat trust the evaluations the coaches have had as there hasnt really been a big miss. If he runs like angry Newton he will probably be good. If he tries to run like Ahmed or Gaskin he will be terrible.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

no one will really know what Sunday is until he steps on the field and tries to truck a college linebacker.

Hopefully he doesnt end up like less athletic version of Soso Jamambo or Chris Warren 3.

I still think he has a weird as fuck running stride and looks a bit slow but the RB production has been good and I do somewhat trust the evaluations the coaches have had as there hasnt really been a big miss. If he runs like angry Newton he will probably be good. If he tries to run like Ahmed or Gaskin he will be terrible.

Houhusky said:

I think there is a small chance he doesn’t have the quickness to succeed. I doubt it tho. We coach up RB’s well and you can’t teach his ability to break tackles and run with power. It can be improved, but he has it naturally.

He’s in the running for my favorite skill player commit. WR’s and Adams get more hype, but I would take Sunday over Adams as a RB and I’m a little scarred by Jones, Spiker, Osborne, Cook, etc being highly touted but not actually being very good once they get to UW.

Evaluating high school WR’s can be tough because of the different offenses and the dependence of needing a QB that can get them the ball.
  • Options
    Spiker and Osborne are freshmen jfc dude.

Cook should have always been a DB.

Jones well whatever.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019

Jones well whatever.

I don’t think Spiker or Osborne are horrible, but they won’t be anything more than 3rd-5th options their whole career.

At least one of the incoming freshmen will pass them next year. Then Puka, Ty Jones, Bynum.... It’s going to be tough for them to get on the field. It’s not hard to put this together. I know doogs like to throw out the , “He’s a freshman!” type shit, but critical thinking makes it easy to predict what they will actually do.

Most WR’s that are really good flash early. They also don’t typically redshirt. I know Pete is somewhat averse to playing young WR’s but we didn’t have a ton of talent in front of them either.

It’s not set in stone, but you know that you and the experts evaluation of both those guys was likely wrong. They are role players. Not DDY 3’s, not leveling up type players. I doubt both last for all their eligibility at UW.
  • Options

Jones well whatever.

I don’t think Spiker or Osborne are horrible, but they won’t be anything more than 3rd-5th options their whole career.

At least one of the incoming freshmen will pass them next year. Then Puka, Ty Jones, Bynum.... It’s going to be tough for them to get on the field. It’s not hard to put this together. I know doogs like to throw out the , “He’s a freshman!” type shit, but critical thinking makes it easy to predict what they will actually do.

Most WR’s that are really good flash early. They also don’t typically redshirt. I know Pete is somewhat averse to playing young WR’s but we didn’t have a ton of talent in front of them either.

It’s not set in stone, but you know that you and the experts evaluation of both those guys was likely wrong. They are role players. Not DDY 3’s, not leveling up type players. I doubt both last for all their eligibility at UW.
    Dude they giving Chico, Baceli playing time ahead of those kids. Don’t worry if they suck, they will see a lot of fucking snaps
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019
    FirePete said:

Jones well whatever.

Dude they giving Chico, Baceli playing time ahead of those kids. Don’t worry if they suck, they will see a lot of fucking snaps
    Again. Puka, Jones, Bynum, and the incoming freshmen. Add in Chin. I’m not sold they will play a lot. It’s not going to be both of them playing.