Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

1404142434446»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If Dave Campbell says so ...
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,101
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2020
    I love the idea that these people need anonymity to give these takes. What a FS invention this is. Gotta be a Kim idea.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Opposing Coach's View - "We hated playing against them and he's a big reason why. I shouldn't say 'hated' because (Connally head coach) Shane (Anderson) is a good friend, but they made life rough on us. (Sunday) runs really hard. In boxing, you have boxers that have 'heavy hands', guys that hit you harder than you'd expect, well he's a guy that's like that. He has a great frame and he isn't small, but he just runs 'heavy'. He's almost impossible to bring down on first contact and you really have to go after his legs. His (leg) drive is outstanding. He just never stops churning them. He's got pretty good vision and his instincts are outstanding. I'd say the one thing that might cause him problems is he doesn't get up to top speed as quick as some of the big-time backs do. When he gets going, he's fine, but if you have a safety or linebacker with speed, they're going to be able to track him down. I'm sure they can work on some of that with him once he gets there. He's also a good leader. He rallied those guys all the time. He's a workhorse. To say we're glad he's gone would be an understatement. Good kid and a helluva football player. Should have worn a rubber though."

Quite honestly, that's what I took from his film.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Meh. Not a huge loss if true.

Called it.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Called it.
    Huh?
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,104
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Called it.

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Just some other food for thought:

The criticisms of Boner are more than fair ... landing Adams is a MUST for him

There’s a ton of talent in Texas but Waco is 4th on the list in terms of areas behind Houston, DFW, and Austin ... Waco kicks just about every league in Washington out of the water though

For those that think that Texas recruiting doesn’t have upside this is a good example of some influence materializing ... it’s not that we got Sunday but it’s that we got him before the summer of his senior year

I was reading the Athletic’s State of the Program review for TCU that came out this week and thee was a really interesting quote from Patterson about how TCU has more respect outside of Texas than within it from a HS coach/recruiting standpoint ... it was a really telling quote for me because the general takeaway for me is that there’s a definite mindset in Texas about one upping others and being elite and that mixed with a good % that will just never leave Texas no matter what. If you can get the messaging right where UW is viewed as elite and a title contender, you’ve got a good chance going forward.

Moreover, the overall talent in Texas is such that you get guys like LJ Collier that are massively under recruited and turn out to be high end draft picks.

It wouldn’t shock me at all if Sunday gets some more attention as his senior season goes on ... signing with Washington will get people’s attention.

Sunday looks slow and awkward, he think gets moved to “FB” after his RS year and then transfer portals away to Texas state or Baylor or something in a year or two. But I’m not a teen boy stalker expert so who gives a fuck.

That being said... it’s all about cost/value of recruits like these. If it costs the same amount of resources to pull some 3 star from Texas as it does from Washington/Oregon I think you prefer the Texas guy.

The problem is I don’t think it does. The reality is that UW is less known than UH, Tech, Baylor, or TCU in Texas at this point. It’s much more likely that WE are spending a ton of resources to go after recruits we either won’t get out of the south or recruits that are so overlooked we actually have a chance at getting.

Given people’s complaints about lack of resources being spent on local recruits in the PNW this cycle, I’m not sure it’s really worth it.

TLDR: if we are filling out the backend of classes by stealing an overlooked recruit or two from the south after cleaning up the west coast that’s fine. If we are trying to build the program around a significant number of key players coming from Texas+south it’s likely a process that will lead to failure.
    I called it before he ever got to campus... Just picked the wrong Texas Christian school... @DoogWhisperer
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,101
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Just some other food for thought:

The criticisms of Boner are more than fair ... landing Adams is a MUST for him

There’s a ton of talent in Texas but Waco is 4th on the list in terms of areas behind Houston, DFW, and Austin ... Waco kicks just about every league in Washington out of the water though

For those that think that Texas recruiting doesn’t have upside this is a good example of some influence materializing ... it’s not that we got Sunday but it’s that we got him before the summer of his senior year

I was reading the Athletic’s State of the Program review for TCU that came out this week and thee was a really interesting quote from Patterson about how TCU has more respect outside of Texas than within it from a HS coach/recruiting standpoint ... it was a really telling quote for me because the general takeaway for me is that there’s a definite mindset in Texas about one upping others and being elite and that mixed with a good % that will just never leave Texas no matter what. If you can get the messaging right where UW is viewed as elite and a title contender, you’ve got a good chance going forward.

Moreover, the overall talent in Texas is such that you get guys like LJ Collier that are massively under recruited and turn out to be high end draft picks.

It wouldn’t shock me at all if Sunday gets some more attention as his senior season goes on ... signing with Washington will get people’s attention.

Sunday looks slow and awkward, he think gets moved to “FB” after his RS year and then transfer portals away to Texas state or Baylor or something in a year or two. But I’m not a teen boy stalker expert so who gives a fuck.

That being said... it’s all about cost/value of recruits like these. If it costs the same amount of resources to pull some 3 star from Texas as it does from Washington/Oregon I think you prefer the Texas guy.

The problem is I don’t think it does. The reality is that UW is less known than UH, Tech, Baylor, or TCU in Texas at this point. It’s much more likely that WE are spending a ton of resources to go after recruits we either won’t get out of the south or recruits that are so overlooked we actually have a chance at getting.

Given people’s complaints about lack of resources being spent on local recruits in the PNW this cycle, I’m not sure it’s really worth it.

TLDR: if we are filling out the backend of classes by stealing an overlooked recruit or two from the south after cleaning up the west coast that’s fine. If we are trying to build the program around a significant number of key players coming from Texas+south it’s likely a process that will lead to failure.
    I called it before he ever got to campus... Just picked the wrong Texas Christian school... @DoogWhisperer
    I notice you didn’t comment on his hips🤷‍♂️🤔