Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Nothing would sum this place up better than melting down over losing a guy we melted down over getting.

I'm here for it.
    Nothing's changed with me. I've always liked him.
    Fuck off and let me live my truth brah!!
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Meh. Not a huge loss if true.

How so? We targeted him early and he got better since then and had a huge season.
    I don't like when big backs try to bounce everything to the outside. That shit won't work when going against better competition in college.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

How so? We targeted him early and he got better since then and had a huge season.
    I don't like when big backs try to bounce everything to the outside. That shit won't work when going against better competition in college.
    He’s not going to.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agreed. I'll need to see him pounding guys in the box and getting tough 5-10 yard runs up the middle with NONE of that field reversing bullshit before I'm on board. The only trait he has that translates to this level is his compact, brick like frame. If he doesn't lean exclusively on that he'll never be a significant player.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

I'll need to see him pounding guys in the box and getting rough before I'm on board.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I'll need to see him pounding guys in the box and getting rough before I'm on board.
    Those demands go without saying. I was talking about actual football in this instance though.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

mental health and world ending teenage problems aside

I like my power backs getting high, giving no fucks, and drunkingly driving trainer carts across the field after a game... not being all emotionally sensitive, justified or not.

IMO being a successful power back is just as much about mentality as it is about a certain type of athleticism.

I would almost guarantee you this kid has Vontaze Burfict-like rage issues, for good or ill.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Emoterman said:

Houhusky said:

I like my power backs getting high, giving no fucks, and drunkingly driving trainer carts across the field after a game... not being all emotionally sensitive, justified or not.

IMO being a successful power back is just as much about mentality as it is about a certain type of athleticism.

I would almost guarantee you this kid has Vontaze Burfict-like rage issues, for good or ill.
    He'd seek out contact more if that were the case.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    edited February 2020
    dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Houhusky said:

He'd seek out contact more if that were the case.
    This is a reference to his high school film? If I saw it, it's been a while. I guess that's a valid point, if that's what the film shows. But, I reckon from his stats he routinely outruns the entire defense, even when they have an angle? I assume he's not retarded, and knows he wants to gain yards/score touchdowns, even above dealing out the punishment that contact permits, and running away from defenders is the empirically superior means to that end.

I based my rage take on his traumatic home life/emotional turmoil and what I recall is his powerlifting prowess, that being a great place to channel excess aggression. But, I concede it's a razor thin premise.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You guys are gonna feel really dumb when it's reported that he left his phone on his desk and his buddy picked it up and decided to spend a day fucking with him.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    I already feel dumb after reading all this stuff ...
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    it's obviously not out of the realm of normal for a huge decision to hit people at some point. Kid is moving away from his family, moving far away from Texas...it's probably overwhelming him. Sounds perfectly normal to me. Give this some time for him to get it all figured out and we'll hope he still comes here.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Willis Ray Mackey went home to Texas