Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My thoughts on the new site

Comments

• Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Will there be an aggregate of every potential recruits twitter likes and retweet’s broken down by school? If not, I’m out.

You were never in. Hth.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

What's with all the white and blue and brown colors on the home page? Where is the purple at mother fucker?

It's at your mom's house.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

It's not one or the other. Coker is just trying to monetize all his work and start a new career. It's not like us vs them here folks. But Coker wants to try to have a cleaner full time crootin thing going on. I can't imagine that Coker and Dennis will never come here anymore. They won't be able to tell everyone to fuck off on the other site. Dennis will be here daily screaming about this or that.

These places can coexist comfortably with totally different end goals. This will forever be the shit throwing romper room where you can talk shit on the AD and tell @beelzebub to kill himself. The new place will be a little more suit and tie. I'll probably play on both. Nobody has to pick one or the other. We're all still friends here. Or frenemies. Or whatever we are.

I hate you. Just want to make that clear.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I love all of you. Seriously, I just want to take my shot at this, with two friends of mine (the only two) there are no hidden agendas.

I am super excited to get started and really excited to see the content we start rolling out over the coming months as we startup. But truly it is just about being another avenue for fans that truly care about this and have no other media out there that gives a crap like we do.

There will be some things that are similar to other sites, but I know for a fact no one will be able to match our passion for this program and I know that the ideas we have and the content we want to roll out is different than anything out there.

I can’t wait.

take my money!!!!
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

I love all of you. Seriously, I just want to take my shot at this, with two friends of mine (the only two) there are no hidden agendas.

I am super excited to get started and really excited to see the content we start rolling out over the coming months as we startup. But truly it is just about being another avenue for fans that truly care about this and have no other media out there that gives a crap like we do.

There will be some things that are similar to other sites, but I know for a fact no one will be able to match our passion for this program and I know that the ideas we have and the content we want to roll out is different than anything out there.

I can’t wait.

take my money!!!!
    OK!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

My thought as a bidnessman and investor would be that this bored made it big by laughing at idiots that pay for recruiting info that is basically following twitter. Coker gave us the recipe to the secret syrup - cocaine.

Now you want to monetize the information you showed us how to get for free. Maybe drill down and do a deep dive on what you can offer and circle back to a consensus on a smart way to get money from dumb people.

The witty repartee, inside info (even if you have to make it up) and ratings do have value beyond the trip was great and I really like the coaches and could see myself fucking coeds there.

My post was a way of giving well wishes to the endeavor

If Dennis and Coker told us everything they know, without first being paid for it, they'd be sleeping with the fishes.

Seriously though, I think they've formed some connections and get some inside info that dawgman and Ruth cant get (like silent commits Buelow and Tuitele). There are some hints in the last podcast about where some of this info comes from.

I really think these guys could break the mold and make something that almost justifies paying for it. Dramatically different motives than the other sites (actually being serious about it rather than using it as a route to comically lame and laughable "celebrity" status) separates them from the others.
    I'm confused by the level of anxiety I'm seeing here, but change always makes people nervous I guess.

As I've said before, I don't care about recruiting whatsoever.* But if I did care deeply, I would gladly pay money to Coker and DDY for their supreme insight and humor.**

*Unless we're talking Woodinville

** DDY is funny, but I don't think Coker has ever made me laugh.
    I get a little bit of the anxiety. This board is pretty damn good,and the guys that got it there are taking their best stuff somewhere else. I know it's no big deal...I'll just go there for recruiting info and spend a lot less time on this board. Some people get more attached to routine though. They'll deal fine in the end, but there's always some turmoil in the build up period.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

chuck said:

My thought as a bidnessman and investor would be that this bored made it big by laughing at idiots that pay for recruiting info that is basically following twitter. Coker gave us the recipe to the secret syrup - cocaine.

Now you want to monetize the information you showed us how to get for free. Maybe drill down and do a deep dive on what you can offer and circle back to a consensus on a smart way to get money from dumb people.

The witty repartee, inside info (even if you have to make it up) and ratings do have value beyond the trip was great and I really like the coaches and could see myself fucking coeds there.

If Dennis and Coker told us everything they know, without first being paid for it, they'd be sleeping with the fishes.

Seriously though, I think they've formed some connections and get some inside info that dawgman and Ruth cant get (like silent commits Buelow and Tuitele). There are some hints in the last podcast about where some of this info comes from.

I really think these guys could break the mold and make something that almost justifies paying for it. Dramatically different motives than the other sites (actually being serious about it rather than using it as a route to comically lame and laughable "celebrity" status) separates them from the others.
    I'm confused by the level of anxiety I'm seeing here, but change always makes people nervous I guess.

As I've said before, I don't care about recruiting whatsoever.* But if I did care deeply, I would gladly pay money to Coker and DDY for their supreme insight and humor.**

I get a little bit of the anxiety. This board is pretty damn good,and the guys that got it there are taking their best stuff somewhere else. I know it's no big deal...I'll just go there for recruiting info and spend a lot less time on this board. Some people get more attached to routine though. They'll deal fine in the end, but there's always some turmoil in the build up period.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Well, yes and no. Coker hasn't been updating the HH TSIO board for at least 8 months. DDY has only sporadically updated it this year. And yet other posters have kept adding to it and kept it going. BowDowntoWashington.com will be the primary place on the internet to get UW recruiting info and insight. It will likely be sensational, considering its Coker and DDY. . (If Kim has any sense, he should be freaking out right now). And maybe the HH recruiting board will continue to be a place to sling shit and for the skeevy pervs amongst us to discuss teen bois. Or maybe it will wither away on the vine. Who knows. Either way, it won't be interesting.

I have said this both publicly and privately... The primary thing that saddens me in this is the possibility of losing DDY as a poster. It sounds like he'll still be around but we will see. I love DDY's presence on here and consider him a friend. I feel like HH has struck a delicate balance and achieved a Murderer's Row of posters. The 1927 Yankees, if you will. And losing DDY would be like the '27 Yanks losing Lou Gehrig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L516GcuM8U0

I hope Dennis stays too, but it’s hard(tm) to serve two masters.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    There's almost no way he can stay as DDY. I think he'll still be here under another name though.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2018
    Doogles said:

Please to be taking this thread with you:

I recommend reading it with whiskey and a splash of coke.
  • Options
    GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:

Doogles said:

I recommend reading it with whiskey and a splash of coke.
    I also have recommendations after reading that thread

• Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,474
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Domicillo said:

Doogles said:

I recommend reading it with whiskey and a splash of coke whiskey neat.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

It's not one or the other. Coker is just trying to monetize all his work and start a new career. It's not like us vs them here folks. But Coker wants to try to have a cleaner full time crootin thing going on. I can't imagine that Coker and Dennis will never come here anymore. They won't be able to tell everyone to fuck off on the other site. Dennis will be here daily screaming about this or that.

These places can coexist comfortably with totally different end goals. This will forever be the shit throwing romper room where you can talk shit on the AD and tell @beelzebub to kill himself. The new place will be a little more suit and tie. I'll probably play on both. Nobody has to pick one or the other. We're all still friends here. Or frenemies. Or whatever we are.

Sounds like Coker and DDY gave you a real nice peace blanket as their offering.
    If peace blanket means handie at the Enumclaw truck stop, then yes, the blanket was nice.
    The Enumclaw Truck Stop would make a killer name for a new board