Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My thoughts on the new site

Comments

• Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2018
    Gladstone changed his twitter handle from @doogstone to @Gladstone_BDTW.

He's been unbanned, but he still doesn't post here anymore. Looks like he doesn't want to associate with us? peons.

I hope Dennis and Coker don't forget about us.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

My thought as a bidnessman and investor would be that this bored made it big by laughing at idiots that pay for recruiting info that is basically following twitter. Coker gave us the recipe to the secret syrup - cocaine.

Now you want to monetize the information you showed us how to get for free. Maybe drill down and do a deep dive on what you can offer and circle back to a consensus on a smart way to get money from dumb people.

The witty repartee, inside info (even if you have to make it up) and ratings do have value beyond the trip was great and I really like the coaches and could see myself fucking coeds there.

My post was a way of giving well wishes to the endeavor

If Dennis and Coker told us everything they know, without first being paid for it, they'd be sleeping with the fishes.

Seriously though, I think they've formed some connections and get some inside info that dawgman and Ruth cant get (like silent commits Buelow and Tuitele). There are some hints in the last podcast about where some of this info comes from.

I really think these guys could break the mold and make something that almost justifies paying for it. Dramatically different motives than the other sites (actually being serious about it rather than using it as a route to comically lame and laughable "celebrity" status) separates them from the others.
    Tell you what. Have never payed for any of these types of sites. Might reconsider based on quality of the info though. Would be a smart business decision to operate on a first month free trial basis to lure in skeptical people like myself.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whuggy said:

chuck said:

My thought as a bidnessman and investor would be that this bored made it big by laughing at idiots that pay for recruiting info that is basically following twitter. Coker gave us the recipe to the secret syrup - cocaine.

Now you want to monetize the information you showed us how to get for free. Maybe drill down and do a deep dive on what you can offer and circle back to a consensus on a smart way to get money from dumb people.

The witty repartee, inside info (even if you have to make it up) and ratings do have value beyond the trip was great and I really like the coaches and could see myself fucking coeds there.

If Dennis and Coker told us everything they know, without first being paid for it, they'd be sleeping with the fishes.

Seriously though, I think they've formed some connections and get some inside info that dawgman and Ruth cant get (like silent commits Buelow and Tuitele). There are some hints in the last podcast about where some of this info comes from.

I really think these guys could break the mold and make something that almost justifies paying for it. Dramatically different motives than the other sites (actually being serious about it rather than using it as a route to comically lame and laughable "celebrity" status) separates them from the others.
    Tell you what. Have never payed for any of these types of sites. Might reconsider based on quality of the info though. Would be a smart business decision to operate on a first month free trial basis to lure in skeptical people like myself.
    How about a buy one month, get 3 months free?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Subscriptions have never been higher
  • Options
    Domicillo said:

whuggy said:

chuck said:

Domicillo said:

whuggy said:

chuck said:

Domicillo said:

whuggy said:

chuck said:

Sure. Just kidding. Last thing needed is another Dawgman business model. First month free trial. Knock the socks off people and you're in the door. They bring it from the get go then dollar signs come along for the ride down the road.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Coker, free tip for you. Make sure your business model includes making people call 12 different people in 12 different countries, with the final one being to a goat herder village in Bangladesh to cancel the auto charge. Worked well for Doogman.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

Domicillo said:

whuggy said:

chuck said:

Domicillo said:

whuggy said:

chuck said:

Domicillo said:

whuggy said:

chuck said:

Sure. Just kidding. Last thing needed is another Dawgman business model. First month free trial. Knock the socks off people and you're in the door. They bring it from the get go then dollar signs come along for the ride down the road.
    Picture Dennis and Coke as Bud Fox types and the rest of us as poor versions of Gordon Gecko.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

It's not one or the other. Coker is just trying to monetize all his work and start a new career. It's not like us vs them here folks. But Coker wants to try to have a cleaner full time crootin thing going on. I can't imagine that Coker and Dennis will never come here anymore. They won't be able to tell everyone to fuck off on the other site. Dennis will be here daily screaming about this or that.

These places can coexist comfortably with totally different end goals. This will forever be the shit throwing romper room where you can talk shit on the AD and tell @beelzebub to kill himself. The new place will be a little more suit and tie. I'll probably play on both. Nobody has to pick one or the other. We're all still friends here. Or frenemies. Or whatever we are.

There can only be one TBS board, I wish Poopsi success, but that means his content can’t just be shared all over the net for free.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

chuck said:

Swaye said:

chuck said:

Swaye said:

It's not one or the other. Coker is just trying to monetize all his work and start a new career. It's not like us vs them here folks. But Coker wants to try to have a cleaner full time crootin thing going on. I can't imagine that Coker and Dennis will never come here anymore. They won't be able to tell everyone to fuck off on the other site. Dennis will be here daily screaming about this or that.

These places can coexist comfortably with totally different end goals. This will forever be the shit throwing romper room where you can talk shit on the AD and tell @beelzebub to kill himself. The new place will be a little more suit and tie. I'll probably play on both. Nobody has to pick one or the other. We're all still friends here. Or frenemies. Or whatever we are.

What kind of Disney fantasy land did you grow up in on the Res? It's always us vs them.

Of course I plan to be both an us and a them, that way I can eventually pick the side that's winning.
    Ha. Nothing Coker and Dennis will ever do will cut into this place, and I know they don't want that. They are aiming at giving Husky fans who want a recruiting focus an option that isn't the retard trio or the cat lady with a great ass. For anyone who is legit into crootin and wants good info, this is nothing but a huge win. I'd pay these cats about a million years before I'd give a red cent to Doogfarm or Her.

What HH is cannot be replicated anywhere else, because all the funny fucking hardcore posters who demand a place to say FUCK are here already.

So again, hang out at both places. Or don't. I will. If Coker takes EBT cards.
    I agree with you 100% otherwise I wouldn't bother to joke about it. I'm actually excited and suspect I'll give in and pay them.

Now tell us more about this bookmark thing. How do I get a bookmark into the internet? A scanner or something? Can I use one of my old SI swimsuit clippings of Kathy Ireland as my bookmark?
    My late 80's boners TYFYS for reminding me of her.

Saw her in person about ten or so years ago. Still hot as fuck.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2018

Swaye said:

Sounds like Coker and DDY gave you a real nice peace blanket as their offering.
    If peace blanket means handie at the Enumclaw truck stop, then yes, the blanket was nice.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

THIS. IS. THE. POINT.
    What's with all the white and blue and brown colors on the home page? Where is the purple at mother fucker?
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2018

Swaye said:

THIS. IS. THE. POINT.
    What's with all the white and blue and brown colors on the home page? Where is the purple at mother fucker?
    Really missed out on the scoducksswooshlife.com domain name too, should’ve got @RMarieDoyle to help y’all out.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2018
    Will there be an aggregate of every potential recruits twitter likes and retweet’s broken down by school? If not, I’m out.