Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ethan Calvert, 2021 4* ATH, Westlake Village (Oaks Christian), CA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian linebacker Ethan Calvert had a strong showing at Sunday’s Under Armour All-American Combine. He was invited and committed to the Under Armour All-American Game following the combine.

Calvert was on the very short list when talking about best overall performers and prospects at Sunday’s UA Combine. At a rock solid 6-2, 225 pounds, he has a college body right now and showed why he’s a consensus top 100 player nationally.

He’s currently rated the No. 89 player in the 247SportsComposite and No. 91 by 247Sports but look for that to jump up when the new 2021 rankings are released in the next week. He’s a physical player who can run, is a plus athlete, can play in space and can even drop in coverage.

We’ve said it before but with older brothers at UCLA (Bo) and Washington (Josh), Ethan is the best athlete in the family and has the most upside as well.

On the recruiting front, Calvert’s last two offers were from Oregon and UCLA and he said he has interest in both programs right now.

Oregon- “I mean it’s Oregon, it’s hard not to like them and be excited about that offer. They just won the Pac-12 and beat Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. They’re a bit time football program and I’ve always had high interest there. I’ve never been out there but I’ve seen pictures and it looks incredible with great facilities. That’s definitely a school I plan to visit at some point.”

UCLA- “My brother Bo is there and he loves it. He’s been grinding and was recently named a captain so I’m really happy for him. It would be cool to play with him but at the same time, I’ve always said I can’t make a decision based on where my brothers are at because they’re not going to be there forever. I like UCLA, coach Pellum is the one who offered me and they like me as an inside ‘backer and I think I would fit in well there.”

A few other schools Calvert said are high on his list include USC, Washington, Utah and Cal.

USC- “They offered me back when I was a sophomore and I like them a lot. I went up there for a recent visit to meet the new DC, Todd Orlando and he seems like a good guy. He’s high energy and a players coach and I’m looking forward to building a relationship with him.”

Washington- “I’ve been up to Washington three times since Josh is there and I have a good connection with the coaching staff. That’s going to be big for me, finding a school where I connect with the staff and I have that at Washington. They have good guys there and I like coach Lake a lot, he’s awesome and I’m excited to see what they’re building.”

Utah- “Again, I like their staff a lot and I’m building a good relationship with them. Coach Whittingham does a great job and that’s a winning program. They develop players and have a staff full of coaches that are great guys and care so I like Utah a lot.”

Cal- “That’s another school that I have already visited and I really liked it there. I like how they play defense and I think like the other schools on my list, they’re a big time program that I think I could do well at. I’m still building relationships with them but I have a strong comfort level for sure.”

Calvert said he plans to make an early commitment.

“I’m planning to graduate early so I want to take my trips in the spring and then commit this summer before my senior year,” Calvert said. “I don’t have any trip dates set with anyone yet but I know I want to visit Washington, UCLA, Cal, Utah, Stanford and Oregon.

“A lot of other schools want me to visit too so I’m still sorting everything out and like I said, I don’t have anything set with anyone yet. I just know I want to get my decision out of the way early so I can focus on school and football during my senior year.”
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Ngata chance.

Josh transferring in 2021?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    FireCohen said:

Ngata chance.

Josh transferring in 2021?
    Would it surprise you?
  • Options
    proof said:

Gregory will fuck us again.

Again? Pretty sure he is still in the process of fucking us, with that half a mill salary
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    Sticking with my USC prediction for him.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Sticking with my USC prediction for him.

I guess us twatting at recruits not helping
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Ektard:

“ I wanted to clarify things a bit...I am not saying that Washington doesn't have a chance with Calvert. He's a thoughtful kid and he's got a great relationship with the Husky coaches, especially Bob Gregory, but the thinking is that it's a big-time uphill battle for them since he is leaning, at least right now, toward going in his own direction. The older brother went to UCLA and Josh headed to Washington. I have no idea where Calvert is leaning right now, but I know the Huskies, if they were to get him, would have to overcome him wanting to blaze his own path.

It's not impossible for them to reel him in, it's just going to be very tough to get him in the boat.”

He's just fishing for 10.95. what would you expect ...
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    3 incher to USC by Biggins. I am going to doog and hold out hope he wants to play with his brother. Lets go Bob!!!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

3 incher to USC by Biggins. I am going to doog and hold out hope he wants to play with his brother. Lets go Bob!!!

he gone
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It wasn’t this big of a Minneapolis fire last year, was it?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2020
    Eklund is hearing UW is back in it for Calvert and is co-leading with UCLA. Says Calvert is the only ILB UW is still recruiting
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Eklund is hearing UW is back in it for Calvert and is co-sleeping with UCLA. Says Calvert is the only ILB UW is still recruiting

If this is remotely true then we should land him given that UCLA is a dumpster fire and Chip is more than likely going to get fired.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I'll wait for Sonics to weigh in before getting my hopes up
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Eklund is hearing UW is back in it for Calvert and is co-leading with UCLA. Says Calvert is the only ILB UW is still recruiting

dnc said:

Eklund is hearing UW is back in it for Calvert and is co-sleeping with UCLA. Says Calvert is the only ILB UW is still recruiting

IOW SC dropped him.

Calvert would be a fucking homerun get.
    IF (big if) this is true, then it could be the reason we? backed off Wynden. Get some good info from Josh about little brother and start pushing in the chips.

We shall see.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    is this a thanks be to allah to the UA situation?