Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ethan Calvert, 2021 4* ATH, Westlake Village (Oaks Christian), CA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

The likelihood Ethan goes to USC is approximately 0.0%.

Same with UCLA, now that brother Bo has been ruled academically ineligible for 2019.

I’d wager UW can wrap things up with Ethan by showing Josh a ton of academic support this year.

Until they hire a new coach in December.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

TTJ said:

Same with UCLA, now that brother Bo has been ruled academically ineligible for 2019.

I’d wager UW can wrap things up with Ethan by showing Josh a ton of academic support this year.

He’ll be signed in December.
  • Options
    TTJ said:

dnc said:

TTJ said:

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,156
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

dnc said:

TTJ said:

dnc said:

TTJ said:

But still.
    Way to double down ballz.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,156
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

TTJ said:

dnc said:

TTJ said:

dnc said:

TTJ said:

But still.
    Way to double down ballz.

I smart.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,718
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He is fucking wow IMO. Watch his stance and footwork as he diagnoses plays. He flows to the play but is under control. Hes light on his feet, in an athletic stance, ready and able to take on blockers or just beat them, and explosive as fuck as a finisher. He looks so much better than what we've been seeing on the field it almost makes me sick.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    This is kid is not coming here
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,805
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He’s unreal. Best LB prospect on the WC this year.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    FirePete said:

Not if Gregory is the coach.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:

Not if Gregory is the coach.

He already got his brother. Doubt it matters much in this case.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Ektard:

“ I wanted to clarify things a bit...I am not saying that Washington doesn't have a chance with Calvert. He's a thoughtful kid and he's got a great relationship with the Husky coaches, especially Bob Gregory, but the thinking is that it's a big-time uphill battle for them since he is leaning, at least right now, toward going in his own direction. The older brother went to UCLA and Josh headed to Washington. I have no idea where Calvert is leaning right now, but I know the Huskies, if they were to get him, would have to overcome him wanting to blaze his own path.

It's not impossible for them to reel him in, it's just going to be very tough to get him in the boat.”
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589

Ektard:

“ I wanted to clarify things a bit...I am not saying that Washington doesn't have a chance with Calvert. He's a thoughtful kid and he's got a great relationship with the Husky coaches, especially Bob Gregory, but the thinking is that it's a big-time uphill battle for them since he is leaning, at least right now, toward going in his own direction. The older brother went to UCLA and Josh headed to Washington. I have no idea where Calvert is leaning right now, but I know the Huskies, if they were to get him, would have to overcome him wanting to blaze his own path.

It's not impossible for them to reel him in, it's just going to be very tough to get him in the boat.”

In the bag
  • Options
    OreDawg said:

Ektard:

In the bag

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Ektard:

There’s an 81% chance Ektard is pulling this out of his ass with no basis
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

Ektard:

There’s an 81% chance Ektard is pulling this out of his ass with no basis
    Professor Eklund is likely basing this on having a front row seat to the Ngata brothers' recruitment, and thinking he can extrapolate from that due to his simpleton's tendency towards recency bias.