Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Because they care

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,025
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Pipe bombs man. Pipe bombs

Best part is I got both Bob and sledog to defend the pipe bomb dude today.
    He was probably working for your boss.
    Same guy that the 2 Vegas shooters were working for?
    I've heard write a bit of full auto fire and done quite a bit myself. Two different cyclic rates means two guns to me. Prove me wrong.
    You suck donkey dongs.

Prove me wrong.
    Owned horses guessing you were/are around donkeys.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Many, but not all, charter schools do great work. California has over 1,000 of them. It’s an amazing movement: Public schools that are customized to local preferences — military, foreign language, science, athletics, etc. So far, they’ve kept the teacher unions at bay in the legislature. Jerry Brown was a huge advocate.

I am on the board of an inner city LAUSD Charter with two campuses and 700 kids enrolled. The academic results are far in excess of the comparable public schools.

My 7th grader is at Catholic school. We are looking at Catholic, public and charter for high school. The point is that there are choices that work academically and financially. At least there are in California.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2018

This last election featured dem politicians arguing how we needed more money for education and it was all about the children. Of course, they could care less about the children but they care deeply about the power and the money of the teacher’s unions. Of course, we have spent hundreds of billions in additional “education” dollars and the result is no improvement in actual education, if not a deterioration in educational prowess.

So, the Portland Public school district has general fund revenue of $706 million. It has 49,000 students. It spends $14,400 per student on education. Jesuit High School is the leading Catholic high school in the Portland area. It spends $17,750 to educate each student. The Lady of the Lake Catholic school in Lake Oswego (Portland’s wealthiest suburb) spends 10,000 to educate each of its grades 1-8 students. Obviously, it takes more money to educate a high schooler than a first grader. So, call per student spending even.

Catholic school teachers generally make less than public school teachers, especially when benefits are added – PERS and near 100% medical coverage.

Leftards would poke their eyes out with a spoon before they would consider a voucher program that lets an inner city Portland school kid attend Jesuit. Because they care. So much.

Funny story - I was talking to a public school teacher who was telling me the issues with the inner city schools. She has kids in private elementary school. I suggested vouchers were the answer so the inner city kids could attend the same schools as her kids. She came up with tons of reasons why it wouldn’t work. Transportation problems, too far from home, blah blah. I said, yeah, best to keep out the riff raff. She didn’t have much to say.. Cool story bro, but the truth is the people who care so much about the inner city kids, don’t want them within several miles of their kids.
    You hit on a MAJOR pet peeve of The Throbber.

I can't tell you how many principals and high-level administrators (all making $150K+cadillac bennies) who send their kids to private schools. Pisses me off to no end.

If you're a Ford dealer, you don't drive a fucking Chevy.

Same thing with the so-called "christians" who send their kids to private school for religious reasons. Jesus went to be with the sinners not the priests. Go forth and witness, motherfuckers. Hypocritical bastards - all of them.

The only ones who are honest are the parents who send their kids to private schools because of kick ass athletic programs and say that's the reason.

Most, if not all, of the people I know who send there kids to private school (religious or secular) do it for sports, and so their kids don’t have to deal with peices of shit kids who just disrupt everything. I haven’t met any who do it for religious training. Fuck. I know an atheist family who sent their kids to Jesuit and one to Oregon Episcopal. One of them got a full athletic scholarship to Stanford.

Although most even wealthy non religious parents would probably be OK with their kids not having to go through gender awareness training. The real religious people home school.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

I've heard write a bit of full auto fire and done quite a bit myself. Two different cyclic rates means two guns to me. Prove me wrong.
    The Las Vegas PD says your wrong. Sound in video sounds different than it does IRL. That Superior Court Firearms certificate was a waste of money.

I want to emphasize we believe Paddock is solely responsible for this heinous act. We are aware of the rumors outside of the media and also on social media that there was more than one assailant. We have no information or evidence to support that theory, or that rumor. We believe there was only one shooter and that was Stephen Paddock. We are doing a thorough investigation and only want to provide what is accurate to you. We will only give information that we have vetted and know to be true.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

The Las Vegas PD says your wrong. Sound in video sounds different than it does IRL. That Superior Court Firearms certificate was a waste of money.

I want to emphasize we believe Paddock is solely responsible for this heinous act. We are aware of the rumors outside of the media and also on social media that there was more than one assailant. We have no information or evidence to support that theory, or that rumor. We believe there was only one shooter and that was Stephen Paddock. We are doing a thorough investigation and only want to provide what is accurate to you. We will only give information that we have vetted and know to be true.
    It's almost like sound reverberates around the hotel. Like there was a second shooter in the 7th floor and magically the next day the window the was fixed but not the window where paddock was.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A

Many, but not all, charter schools do great work. California has over 1,000 of them. It’s an amazing movement: Public schools that are customized to local preferences — military, foreign language, science, athletics, etc. So far, they’ve kept the teacher unions at bay in the legislature. Jerry Brown was a huge advocate.

I am on the board of an inner city LAUSD Charter with two campuses and 700 kids enrolled. The academic results are far in excess of the comparable public schools.

My 7th grader is at Catholic school. We are looking at Catholic, public and charter for high school. The point is that there are choices that work academically and financially. At least there are in California.

So you’re a religious nut who supports patriarchal , misogynistic, rape-culture? BenneyBeaver says so.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This last election featured dem politicians arguing how we needed more money for education and it was all about the children. Of course, they could care less about the children but they care deeply about the power and the money of the teacher’s unions. Of course, we have spent hundreds of billions in additional “education” dollars and the result is no improvement in actual education, if not a deterioration in educational prowess.

So, the Portland Public school district has general fund revenue of $706 million. It has 49,000 students. It spends $14,400 per student on education. Jesuit High School is the leading Catholic high school in the Portland area. It spends $17,750 to educate each student. The Lady of the Lake Catholic school in Lake Oswego (Portland’s wealthiest suburb) spends 10,000 to educate each of its grades 1-8 students. Obviously, it takes more money to educate a high schooler than a first grader. So, call per student spending even.

Catholic school teachers generally make less than public school teachers, especially when benefits are added – PERS and near 100% medical coverage.

Leftards would poke their eyes out with a spoon before they would consider a voucher program that lets an inner city Portland school kid attend Jesuit. Because they care. So much.

Funny story - I was talking to a public school teacher who was telling me the issues with the inner city schools. She has kids in private elementary school. I suggested vouchers were the answer so the inner city kids could attend the same schools as her kids. She came up with tons of reasons why it wouldn’t work. Transportation problems, too far from home, blah blah. I said, yeah, best to keep out the riff raff. She didn’t have much to say.. Cool story bro, but the truth is the people who care so much about the inner city kids, don’t want them within several miles of their kids.
    Hilarious.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A

Hilarious.
    That’s what i thought. I knew you’d enjoy it.
  • Options

I can't tell you how many principals and high-level administrators (all making $150K+cadillac bennies) who send their kids to private schools. Pisses me off to no end.

Same thing with the so-called "christians" who send their kids to private school for religious reasons. Jesus went to be with the sinners not the priests. Go forth and witness, motherfuckers. Hypocritical bastards - all of them.

The only ones who are honest are the parents who send their kids to private schools because of kick ass athletic programs and say that's the reason.

You can’t tell us because the number cuz you’re making shit up.

I know/ have know hundreds of public school educators and administrators, zero sent their kids to private school.
  • Options

A

So you’re a religious nut who supports patriarchal , misogynistic, rape-culture? BenneyBeaver says so.
    I asked why. @CirrhosisDawg probably has valid reasons.

I sent 3 through Catholic school. We had good reasons (we thought) at the time. In hindsight, wouldn’t do it again.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A

I know/ have know hundreds of public school educators and administrators, zero sent their kids to private school.
    Why do you only associate with poor people?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

A

I asked why. @CirrhosisDawg probably has valid reasons.

I sent 3 through Catholic school. We had good reasons (we thought) at the time. In hindsight, wouldn’t do it again.
    So your whole catholic school rant was made up bullshit. Thought so.
  • Options

A

Why do you only associate with poor people?
    I’m like Jesus that way.

I actually know a lot of rich people too. My husband’s school tuition is $35k year, 5th-12th.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Most, if not all, of the people I know who send there kids to private school (religious or secular) do it for sports, and so their kids don’t have to deal with peices of shit kids who just disrupt everything. I haven’t met any who do it for religious training. Fuck. I know an atheist family who sent their kids to Jesuit and one to Oregon Episcopal. One of them got a full athletic scholarship to Stanford.

Although most even wealthy non religious parents would probably be OK with their kids not having to go through gender awareness training. The real religious people home school.
    hryk
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753

Does Jesuit or any other private school have a requirement by Federal law to accommodate every student regardless of ability or desire? Do you realize how much more it costs to educate a child with Downs, Autism or any other mental or physical disability? I don't have hard figures but it's is exponentially more expensive. Many kids are getting one on one instruction.

Do you have any proof that Jesuit's education is superior to Lincoln, Grant, Wilson or any other Portland public high school? I'm not talking about overall college acceptance rates or biased test scores. I'm asking about an unbiased educational measurement. For example, do you have a data that corrects for household income, family structure and other very highly correlated indicators?

Why would anyone want their child indoctrinated into the patriarchal, misogynistic, rape-culture cult of the Catholic Church?

Answer: To keep them from being brainwashed by communist SJWs. Which is far more insidious than Catholicism, which none of the parochial school kids believe anyway.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Does Jesuit or any other private school have a requirement by Federal law to accommodate every student regardless of ability or desire? Do you realize how much more it costs to educate a child with Downs, Autism or any other mental or physical disability? I don't have hard figures but it's is exponentially more expensive. Many kids are getting one on one instruction.

Do you have any proof that Jesuit's education is superior to Lincoln, Grant, Wilson or any other Portland public high school? I'm not talking about overall college acceptance rates or biased test scores. I'm asking about an unbiased educational measurement. For example, do you have a data that corrects for household income, family structure and other very highly correlated indicators?

Why would anyone want their child indoctrinated into the patriarchal, misogynistic, rape-culture cult of the Catholic Church?

Jesus Christ - “corrects for family structure”. I’ll remember to correct for family structure when I’m doing my next round of hiring. Fuck off.

Yes, we know, it’s still about families who stay together, work, value education and demand their kids are respectful and disciplined. So let’s correct for parents that don’t give a fuck? Sorry, those kids won’t do so well and no amount of money poured into schools will help. Because the school isn’t the fucking problem.
    Careful. You'll piss off a lot of people in chronic denial when you write stuff like that.
  • Options

Jesus Christ - “corrects for family structure”. I’ll remember to correct for family structure when I’m doing my next round of hiring. Fuck off.

Yes, we know, it’s still about families who stay together, work, value education and demand their kids are respectful and disciplined. So let’s correct for parents that don’t give a fuck? Sorry, those kids won’t do so well and no amount of money poured into schools will help. Because the school isn’t the fucking problem.
    Careful. You'll piss off a lot of people in chronic denial when you write stuff like that.
    You’re aware that he missed point completely, right?
  • Options

Well I don't know hundreds, but I do know several SSD Administrators, including several principals and vice principals from the South End public schools in Seattle who all sent their kids to private schools. Many to Lakeside, in fact, where several former SSD administrators now hold positions. It's widely known and unsurprising, because a hookup is a hookup, gents. And when it's your own, you spare no expense or effort to rig the system in their favor.
  • Options

Well I don't know hundreds, but I do know several SSD Administrators, including several principals and vice principals from the South End public schools in Seattle who all sent their kids to private schools. Many to Lakeside, in fact, where several former SSD administrators now hold positions. It's widely known and unsurprising, because a hookup is a hookup, gents. And when it's your own, you spare no expense or effort to rig the system in their favor.
    Riiiiiight.
  • Options

Riiiiiight.
    Why would I make it up? I really don't care where their kids go to school, because I'm happy where my kids went. But it's a fact that can be verified without a lot of effort. As I said, it's widely known among district personnel, both teachers and administrators, and the people doing it aren't shy about letting you know their kids go to Bill Gates's Alma Mater.