Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Because they care

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    "I'm asking about an unbiased educational measurement. For example, do you have a data that corrects for household income, family structure and other very highly correlated indicators?"

Christ. I know where this is going. I've heard it all a million times before. There is literally no standardized test worth the paper it's written on that you cannot make that argument about. None. Yet recent immigrants to the US who speak a different primary language at home can ace those tests, while too many home grown slackers can't score above the 50th percentile.

Benny, you'll be making this same argument and complaint 100 years from now if you live long enough, because you continue to misdiagnose the problem and demand the wrong solutions. Kids learn by doing and there's no shortcut. Yes, it really is that simple. But there's always someone telling the low performers that it's somebody else's fault, or that the "system" is rigged against them.

Doesn't work. Never has, never will.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Pipe bombs man. Pipe bombs

Best part is I got both Bob and sledog to defend the pipe bomb dude today.
    Lie, all you did was expose yourself as a hypocrite and a moron. My “defense” of the pipe bomber consisted of repeating the exact same thing Chris Cuomo said about Antifa, in regards to the pipe bomber, which you swore wasn’t a defense them.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This last election featured dem politicians arguing how we needed more money for education and it was all about the children. Of course, they could care less about the children but they care deeply about the power and the money of the teacher’s unions. Of course, we have spent hundreds of billions in additional “education” dollars and the result is no improvement in actual education, if not a deterioration in educational prowess.

So, the Portland Public school district has general fund revenue of $706 million. It has 49,000 students. It spends $14,400 per student on education. Jesuit High School is the leading Catholic high school in the Portland area. It spends $17,750 to educate each student. The Lady of the Lake Catholic school in Lake Oswego (Portland’s wealthiest suburb) spends 10,000 to educate each of its grades 1-8 students. Obviously, it takes more money to educate a high schooler than a first grader. So, call per student spending even.

Catholic school teachers generally make less than public school teachers, especially when benefits are added – PERS and near 100% medical coverage.

Leftards would poke their eyes out with a spoon before they would consider a voucher program that lets an inner city Portland school kid attend Jesuit. Because they care. So much.

Funny story - I was talking to a public school teacher who was telling me the issues with the inner city schools. She has kids in private elementary school. I suggested vouchers were the answer so the inner city kids could attend the same schools as her kids. She came up with tons of reasons why it wouldn’t work. Transportation problems, too far from home, blah blah. I said, yeah, best to keep out the riff raff. She didn’t have much to say.. Cool story bro, but the truth is the people who care so much about the inner city kids, don’t want them within several miles of their kids.
    You hit on a MAJOR pet peeve of The Throbber.

I can't tell you how many principals and high-level administrators (all making $150K+cadillac bennies) who send their kids to private schools. Pisses me off to no end.

If you're a Ford dealer, you don't drive a fucking Chevy.

Same thing with the so-called "christians" who send their kids to private school for religious reasons. Jesus went to be with the sinners not the priests. Go forth and witness, motherfuckers. Hypocritical bastards - all of them.

The only ones who are honest are the parents who send their kids to private schools because of kick ass athletic programs and say that's the reason.

You can’t tell us because the number cuz you’re making shit up.

I know/ have know hundreds of public school educators and administrators, zero sent their kids to private school.
    No. I'm not. One thing the Throbber is not is a liar. Mrs. Throbber worked in that world for many years. Daddy Throbber #1 did too and stayed connected until he passed - but his generation didn't do that shit. It's the boomers who play that tune.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Bob still defending the pipe bomb guy. And pressing.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    It just depends where you live.

Some places everyone sends their kids to private school.
    Usually those places have lots of black people.

In Phoenix not many really did. There were like 2 I ever knew anyone at.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Funny story - Arizona has some of the highest ranked schools in the nation. They are all charter schools. Arizona also is one of the lowest in teacher pay. I’m not saying the two are related, don’t twist. I just find it chinteresting
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Funny story - Arizona has some of the highest ranked schools in the nation. They are all charter schools. Arizona also is one of the lowest in teacher pay. I’m not saying the two are related, don’t twist. I just find it chinteresting
    Hilarious.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Bob still defending the pipe bomb guy. And pressing.

Hondo still a lightweight lying Kunt.
  • Options

"I'm asking about an unbiased educational measurement. For example, do you have a data that corrects for household income, family structure and other very highly correlated indicators?"

Christ. I know where this is going. I've heard it all a million times before. There is literally no standardized test worth the paper it's written on that you cannot make that argument about. None. Yet recent immigrants to the US who speak a different primary language at home can ace those tests, while too many home grown slackers can't score above the 50th percentile.

Benny, you'll be making this same argument and complaint 100 years from now if you live long enough, because you continue to misdiagnose the problem and demand the wrong solutions. Kids learn by doing and there's no shortcut. Yes, it really is that simple. But there's always someone telling the low performers that it's somebody else's fault, or that the "system" is rigged against them.

Your inference about my position is incorrect and I don't disagree with most of what you typed above. I was clear in my post, if you and others want to extrapolate erroneous meaning...have fun.

I'm pretty sure that you just put up a strawman but I'd have to defer to @creepycoug and @SFGbob to find out if your ass-fucking it or not. Either way, the strawman would like a reach around.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited November 2018

This last election featured dem politicians arguing how we needed more money for education and it was all about the children. Of course, they could care less about the children but they care deeply about the power and the money of the teacher’s unions. Of course, we have spent hundreds of billions in additional “education” dollars and the result is no improvement in actual education, if not a deterioration in educational prowess.

So, the Portland Public school district has general fund revenue of $706 million. It has 49,000 students. It spends $14,400 per student on education. Jesuit High School is the leading Catholic high school in the Portland area. It spends $17,750 to educate each student. The Lady of the Lake Catholic school in Lake Oswego (Portland’s wealthiest suburb) spends 10,000 to educate each of its grades 1-8 students. Obviously, it takes more money to educate a high schooler than a first grader. So, call per student spending even.

Catholic school teachers generally make less than public school teachers, especially when benefits are added – PERS and near 100% medical coverage.

Leftards would poke their eyes out with a spoon before they would consider a voucher program that lets an inner city Portland school kid attend Jesuit. Because they care. So much.

Funny story - I was talking to a public school teacher who was telling me the issues with the inner city schools. She has kids in private elementary school. I suggested vouchers were the answer so the inner city kids could attend the same schools as her kids. She came up with tons of reasons why it wouldn’t work. Transportation problems, too far from home, blah blah. I said, yeah, best to keep out the riff raff. She didn’t have much to say.. Cool story bro, but the truth is the people who care so much about the inner city kids, don’t want them within several miles of their kids.

I can't tell you how many principals and high-level administrators (all making $150K+cadillac bennies) who send their kids to private schools. Pisses me off to no end.

Same thing with the so-called "christians" who send their kids to private school for religious reasons. Jesus went to be with the sinners not the priests. Go forth and witness, motherfuckers. Hypocritical bastards - all of them.

The only ones who are honest are the parents who send their kids to private schools because of kick ass athletic programs and say that's the reason.

Get over it for fuck's sake...

I went to shitty public shools in Oakland and S. Sa. Francisco as a mixed race kid. I get the struggle.

Wife went to rich schools in Bellevue.

We chose to live in Denver proper for my work, but send the kids to school in Golden...for obvious reasons.

Fast forward a few years...wife now is working a high-level admin job for impoverished schools and charters in Denver/Aurora area.

By your logic @PurpleThrobber, we should pull them out of their posh schools and place them in the failing districts in Denver?

Fuck that.

You don't limit your children's academic environment to make a point for your "district or school."

You do it for your kids if you have the means.

Period. End of story.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Couldn't care less. If you could care less, then you could care less, and your point would be, well, rather pointless.

Christ. I'm starting to wonder what the GED % is around here.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    My school must have been like 40 percent Asian

Within 3 miles of microchip Intel Motorola and Honeywell will do that
  • Options
    Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

He was probably working for your boss.
    Same guy that the 2 Vegas shooters were working for?
    I've heard write a bit of full auto fire and done quite a bit myself. Two different cyclic rates means two guns to me. Prove me wrong.
    Was that English? Or are you expressing your dumb fuck'ness again?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    MisterEm said:

I went to shitty public shools in Oakland and S. Sa. Francisco as a mixed race kid. I get the struggle.

We chose to live in Denver proper for my work, but send the kids to school in Golden...for obvious reasons.

Fast forward a few years...wife now is working a high-level admin job for impoverished schools and charters in Denver/Aurora area.

By your logic @PurpleThrobber, we should pull them out of their posh schools and place them in the failing districts in Denver?

Fuck that.

You don't limit your children's academic environment to make a point for your "district or school."

Period. End of story.

Disagree.

Take the taxpayers monies, live on the gubmint teet under PERS forevah - stay in public schools. They are in every neighborhood in the country. I never said be a martyr and move to the hood. You chose to do that for your own convenience.

You want your cake and eat it too.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753

Your inference about my position is incorrect and I don't disagree with most of what you typed above. I was clear in my post, if you and others want to extrapolate erroneous meaning...have fun.

I'm pretty sure that you just put up a strawman but I'd have to defer to @creepycoug and @SFGbob to find out if your ass-fucking it or not. Either way, the strawman would like a reach around.
    Fine. Maybe I have no clue what your actual point is then. Be clear next time.

But I know for a fact I disagree with your "correct for family structure" bullshit. That's not a school or teacher's job. That's a family's job and an indictment of the culture that surrounds it.

I watch this double-standard play out daily in the public schools where uber-liberal teachers make excuses for the worst behaving and worst performing students, at the expense of the kids who want to learn. And now we have zero suspension policies that defy the reality of dangers many kids pose to other students and staff, and is dumber than shit. In Seattle alone, we burn piles upon piles of tax dollars throwing them at problems with solutions that don't work, because we refuse to address shitty, self-centered, narcissistic behavior from shitty performing kids, and instead kiss their ass and put them in talking circles when they throw a chair at a teacher. It's ridiculous, but it originates with the liberal belief that no kid is bad, and if he's acting bad, it can't be his fault. Zero consequences culture. And were I a highly paid SSD administrator, I'd probably put my kid in private school, too. Because I care about my kids.
  • Options
    MisterEm said:

Fuck that.

Period. End of story.

The first truly AMERICAN words I've seen written on this shit bored in weeks.

The new communists are here.

Throbber, stick to perversion, T&A and weird sexual comments. That's your sweet spot (hi?).
  • Options

MisterEm said:

Fuck that.

Period. End of story.

The first truly AMERICAN words I've seen written on this shit bored in weeks.

The new communists are here.

Throbber, stick to perversion, T&A and weird sexual comments. That's your sweet spot (hi?).

No.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,025

Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

I've heard write a bit of full auto fire and done quite a bit myself. Two different cyclic rates means two guns to me. Prove me wrong.
    Phongrish. You are the english Nazi. Me I point out hypocrites and type like shit.
  • Options

Fine. Maybe I have no clue what your actual point is then. Be clear next time.

But I know for a fact I disagree with your "correct for family structure" bullshit. That's not a school or teacher's job. That's a family's job and an indictment of the culture that surrounds it.

I watch this double-standard play out daily in the public schools where uber-liberal teachers make excuses for the worst behaving and worst performing students, at the expense of the kids who want to learn. And now we have zero suspension policies that defy the reality of dangers many kids pose to other students and staff, and is dumber than shit. In Seattle alone, we burn piles upon piles of tax dollars throwing them at problems with solutions that don't work, because we refuse to address shitty, self-centered, narcissistic behavior from shitty performing kids, and instead kiss their ass and put them in talking circles when they throw a chair at a teacher. It's ridiculous, but it originates with the liberal belief that no kid is bad, and if he's acting bad, it can't be his fault. Zero consequences culture. And were I a highly paid SSD administrator, I'd probably put my kid in private school, too. Because I care about my kids.

If you read my response to the OP you should be able to understand; IF you can let go of what you infer. It was perfectly clear if you can do that. If not, no big deal. I mean you actually kind of grasp it with "That's not a school or teacher's job"

TL; DR the rant.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Phongrish. You are the english Nazi. Me I finger my ass and smell it and type with my left hand.
    Understood.