Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Because they care

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

MisterEm said:

This last election featured dem politicians arguing how we needed more money for education and it was all about the children. Of course, they could care less about the children but they care deeply about the power and the money of the teacher’s unions. Of course, we have spent hundreds of billions in additional “education” dollars and the result is no improvement in actual education, if not a deterioration in educational prowess.

So, the Portland Public school district has general fund revenue of $706 million. It has 49,000 students. It spends $14,400 per student on education. Jesuit High School is the leading Catholic high school in the Portland area. It spends $17,750 to educate each student. The Lady of the Lake Catholic school in Lake Oswego (Portland’s wealthiest suburb) spends 10,000 to educate each of its grades 1-8 students. Obviously, it takes more money to educate a high schooler than a first grader. So, call per student spending even.

Catholic school teachers generally make less than public school teachers, especially when benefits are added – PERS and near 100% medical coverage.

Leftards would poke their eyes out with a spoon before they would consider a voucher program that lets an inner city Portland school kid attend Jesuit. Because they care. So much.

Funny story - I was talking to a public school teacher who was telling me the issues with the inner city schools. She has kids in private elementary school. I suggested vouchers were the answer so the inner city kids could attend the same schools as her kids. She came up with tons of reasons why it wouldn’t work. Transportation problems, too far from home, blah blah. I said, yeah, best to keep out the riff raff. She didn’t have much to say.. Cool story bro, but the truth is the people who care so much about the inner city kids, don’t want them within several miles of their kids.
    You hit on a MAJOR pet peeve of The Throbber.

I can't tell you how many principals and high-level administrators (all making $150K+cadillac bennies) who send their kids to private schools. Pisses me off to no end.

If you're a Ford dealer, you don't drive a fucking Chevy.

Same thing with the so-called "christians" who send their kids to private school for religious reasons. Jesus went to be with the sinners not the priests. Go forth and witness, motherfuckers. Hypocritical bastards - all of them.

The only ones who are honest are the parents who send their kids to private schools because of kick ass athletic programs and say that's the reason.

Get over it for fuck's sake...

I went to shitty public shools in Oakland and S. Sa. Francisco as a mixed race kid. I get the struggle.

Wife went to rich schools in Bellevue.

We chose to live in Denver proper for my work, but send the kids to school in Golden...for obvious reasons.

Fast forward a few years...wife now is working a high-level admin job for impoverished schools and charters in Denver/Aurora area.

By your logic @PurpleThrobber, we should pull them out of their posh schools and place them in the failing districts in Denver?

Fuck that.

You don't limit your children's academic environment to make a point for your "district or school."

You do it for your kids if you have the means.

Period. End of story.

The first truly AMERICAN words I've seen written on this shit bored in weeks.

The new communists are here.

Throbber, stick to perversion, T&A and weird sexual comments. That's your sweet spot (hi?).

No.

Yes.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,286
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

MisterEm said:

This last election featured dem politicians arguing how we needed more money for education and it was all about the children. Of course, they could care less about the children but they care deeply about the power and the money of the teacher’s unions. Of course, we have spent hundreds of billions in additional “education” dollars and the result is no improvement in actual education, if not a deterioration in educational prowess.

So, the Portland Public school district has general fund revenue of $706 million. It has 49,000 students. It spends $14,400 per student on education. Jesuit High School is the leading Catholic high school in the Portland area. It spends $17,750 to educate each student. The Lady of the Lake Catholic school in Lake Oswego (Portland’s wealthiest suburb) spends 10,000 to educate each of its grades 1-8 students. Obviously, it takes more money to educate a high schooler than a first grader. So, call per student spending even.

Catholic school teachers generally make less than public school teachers, especially when benefits are added – PERS and near 100% medical coverage.

Leftards would poke their eyes out with a spoon before they would consider a voucher program that lets an inner city Portland school kid attend Jesuit. Because they care. So much.

Funny story - I was talking to a public school teacher who was telling me the issues with the inner city schools. She has kids in private elementary school. I suggested vouchers were the answer so the inner city kids could attend the same schools as her kids. She came up with tons of reasons why it wouldn’t work. Transportation problems, too far from home, blah blah. I said, yeah, best to keep out the riff raff. She didn’t have much to say.. Cool story bro, but the truth is the people who care so much about the inner city kids, don’t want them within several miles of their kids.

I can't tell you how many principals and high-level administrators (all making $150K+cadillac bennies) who send their kids to private schools. Pisses me off to no end.

Same thing with the so-called "christians" who send their kids to private school for religious reasons. Jesus went to be with the sinners not the priests. Go forth and witness, motherfuckers. Hypocritical bastards - all of them.

The only ones who are honest are the parents who send their kids to private schools because of kick ass athletic programs and say that's the reason.

I went to shitty public shools in Oakland and S. Sa. Francisco as a mixed race kid. I get the struggle.

We chose to live in Denver proper for my work, but send the kids to school in Golden...for obvious reasons.

Fast forward a few years...wife now is working a high-level admin job for impoverished schools and charters in Denver/Aurora area.

By your logic @PurpleThrobber, we should pull them out of their posh schools and place them in the failing districts in Denver?

Fuck that.

You don't limit your children's academic environment to make a point for your "district or school."

Period. End of story.

Throbber, stick to perversion, T&A and weird sexual comments. That's your sweet spot (hi?).

No.

Yes.
    Nein Nein Nein

• Options
    edited November 2018

How much does it cost to educate a Down's Syndrome kid? I know advanced physics and math do cost more. You have to be a clueless moron or a liar to figure out the disparity in a quality private school education program from a public school system. Discipline requirements alone are worth it. Wonder why all the dems in Washington DC send their kids to private school? Because it is just the same? Why would a parent want to send their kid to a public school that can't discipline the kids. A dysfunctional class room is okay as long as they are indoctrinating the kids to vote dem?

Dude, they send them to the most elite and expensive PREP schools in the country. Sidwell Friends is like $50k a year and your kids would never get through the entrance exam even if you did whore your mom out for the tuition.

There are as many vouchers there as there are at Lakeside, which is to say, zero.

Speaking of that, let's zero in on what you're talking about. If you're talking about the run-of-the-mill parochial school, they are mediocre and a good many fall short of even a decent suburban public high school.

I have lived this life, both as a student and as a parent. If anything, the kids at St. Brendan tend to show up to BHS, WHS and IHS less prepared for the high-end advanced classes that each of those schools offer. IHS, in particular, pulls kids into their IB curriculum who would otherwise be looking at University Prep, Lakeside or Bush. And that's no shit.

Garfield ... and now Roosevelt are schools that the professional class in Seattle sends their kids to in droves, and those kids go on, in droves, to the tippy top elite colleges in the country. There are also kids at each of the aforementioned schools who are going to trade school, beauty school and the greatest of social program, the military. Girls with stupid parents will get knocked up and not get an abortion, and kids will OD.

• Options

MisterEm said:

Fuck that.

Period. End of story.

No.

Yes.
    Nein Nein Nein

Right about now is when you're supposed to come up with a good T&A pic to remind me why I like you.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,562
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Pipe bombs man. Pipe bombs

Best part is I got both Bob and sledog to defend the pipe bomb dude today.
    He was probably working for your boss.
    Same guy that the 2 Vegas shooters were working for?
    I've heard write a bit of full auto fire and done quite a bit myself. Two different cyclic rates means two guns to me. Prove me wrong.
    Was that English? Or are you expressing your dumb fuck'ness again?
    Phongrish. You are the english Nazi. Me I finger my ass and smell it and type with my left hand.
    Understood.
    You are the left hand king or so I've heard.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Pipe bombs man. Pipe bombs

Best part is I got both Bob and sledog to defend the pipe bomb dude today.
    He was probably working for your boss.
    Same guy that the 2 Vegas shooters were working for?
    I've heard write a bit of full auto fire and done quite a bit myself. Two different cyclic rates means two guns to me. Prove me wrong.
    Was that English? Or are you expressing your dumb fuck'ness again?
    Phongrish. You are the english Nazi. Me I finger my ass and smell it and type with my left hand.
    Understood.
    You are the left hand king or so I've heard.
    Criminy.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

It just depends where you live.

Some places everyone sends their kids to private school.
    Usually those places have lots of black people.

In Phoenix not many really did. There were like 2 I ever knew anyone at.

Funny story - Arizona has some of the highest ranked schools in the nation. They are all charter schools. Arizona also is one of the lowest in teacher pay. I’m not saying the two are related, don’t twist. I just find it chinteresting
    Hilarious.
    I knew you’d enjoy it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

Fuck that.

Period. End of story.

This a perfect example that the number 1 factor in educating a kid and determining their success in life is their parents. I’m sure you agree. Case closed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

How much does it cost to educate a Down's Syndrome kid? I know advanced physics and math do cost more. You have to be a clueless moron or a liar to figure out the disparity in a quality private school education program from a public school system. Discipline requirements alone are worth it. Wonder why all the dems in Washington DC send their kids to private school? Because it is just the same? Why would a parent want to send their kid to a public school that can't discipline the kids. A dysfunctional class room is okay as long as they are indoctrinating the kids to vote dem?

Dude, they send them to the most elite and expensive PREP schools in the country. Sidwell Friends is like $50k a year and your kids would never get through the entrance exam even if you did whore your mom out for the tuition.

There are as many vouchers there as there are at Lakeside, which is to say, zero.

Speaking of that, let's zero in on what you're talking about. If you're talking about the run-of-the-mill parochial school, they are mediocre and a good many fall short of even a decent suburban public high school.

I have lived this life, both as a student and as a parent. If anything, the kids at St. Brendan tend to show up to BHS, WHS and IHS less prepared for the high-end advanced classes that each of those schools offer. IHS, in particular, pulls kids into their IB curriculum who would otherwise be looking at University Prep, Lakeside or Bush. And that's no shit.

Garfield ... and now Roosevelt are schools that the professional class in Seattle sends their kids to in droves, and those kids go on, in droves, to the tippy top elite colleges in the country. There are also kids at each of the aforementioned schools who are going to trade school, beauty school and the greatest of social program, the military. Girls with stupid parents will get knocked up and not get an abortion, and kids will OD.

TL:DR version: It’s parents.
  • Options

but vouchers!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2018

but vouchers!
    Because I’m pro choice. Parents should have the right to choose. And it shouldn’t be limited by their income or neighborhood. Why is that so terrifying for the left?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

No vouchers for Lakeside but if they want you, you'll be able to afford it. Their financial aid spend is huge. With a 5% acceptance rate for 5th fucking grade.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,436
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This thread was started by a duck import and is quite a lively discussion

Don't be afraid of those who are different from you
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

You're welcome.
  • Options

Great advice kunt. Take it, and cut loose that little legion of dumb fucks who just echo what you've already read from the playbook because you like hearing it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Great advice kunt. Take it, and cut loose that little legion of dumb fucks who just echo what you've already read from the playbook because you like hearing it.
    Fuck off hondo
  • Options

No vouchers for Lakeside but if they want you, you'll be able to afford it. Their financial aid spend is huge. With a 5% acceptance rate for 5th fucking grade.
    Yes. But they'll only "want you" if you play a sport and / or help them color the place up a bit, because other than Asians it's lily white. Otherwise, they're interested in 'full pay'.

This plays out at elite colleges almost exactly the same way.

It helps on the margin to be full pay at all but a small handful of schools, who have so much fucking money they don't have to care about anything.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    E

Both of my girls did Running Start at BHS, and both are fully prepared for college. We chose our house based on the school district and have held off on moving until my youngest is off to college. The taxes though...
  • Options

Fuck off hondo
    Sounds like you wanna go with the legion of dumbfucks. Fine. Just trying to help. Say hi to emotional mike for me. You two are cute.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam