Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,587
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Climp is definitely not falling off until FSU gets their shit together in a few years.

Someone in that conference needs to. The media hype is Mack Brown and UNC but they won’t get better than 9-3 ish at best.

The game had already passed him by at the end of his tenure at Texas. I’m not sure he was ever that great to begin with. A decent figurehead that relies entirely on his coordinators and talent. He had a loaded team every year and really only won or came close to winning the natty twice.
    I get that the Pac 12 flak is money based, but holy shit is the ACC a pseudo power 5 at this point.

Miami doesn't care, and probably never will.
    FSU's coach while overrated left because they wouldn't sell their soul for college football anymore.

I only brought them up because I love their new head coach. He's not a loser.

Boston College, Georgia tech, UNC came to play school.

Fucking Duke got some pub in that conference for a cuog like season.

Pitt? Jesus.

I was gonna make a point about Dabo leaving in a few years but who in their right mind would leave that situation? You coach 2-3 games a year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

Climp is definitely not falling off until FSU gets their shit together in a few years.

Someone in that conference needs to. The media hype is Mack Brown and UNC but they won’t get better than 9-3 ish at best.

The game had already passed him by at the end of his tenure at Texas. I’m not sure he was ever that great to begin with. A decent figurehead that relies entirely on his coordinators and talent. He had a loaded team every year and really only won or came close to winning the natty twice.
    I get that the Pac 12 flak is money based, but holy shit is the ACC a pseudo power 5 at this point.

Miami doesn't care, and probably never will.
    FSU's coach while overrated left because they wouldn't sell their soul for college football anymore.

I only brought them up because I love their new head coach. He's not a loser.

Boston College, Georgia tech, UNC came to play school.

Fucking Duke got some pub in that conference for a cuog like season.

Pitt? Jesus.

I was gonna make a point about Dabo leaving in a few years but who in their right mind would leave that situation? You coach 2-3 games a year.
    Big 12 is also pretty bad. Same with the Big 10 most years. PAC 12 is obviously in the same conversation.

SEC is obviously best and that’s proven by the amount of highly ranked recruits and amount of player’s picked in the NFL, the number if championships.

Dabo probably isn’t leaving. Maybe Alabama when Saban leaves or if he gets a good NFL job.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,610
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

There has been a major shift in college offense and UW has completely failed to keep up with it. CP was the best and worst thing to happen to UW.

Not sure that’s it. Keeping up with the Jones’ doesn’t get you anywhere most of the time because you still aren’t as good at it as the ones that have been doing it for years.

CP changed his offenses a lot since his time at Boise. He just didn’t have a feel for anything or ever establish anything that consistently worked and was reliable.
    In this case keeping up with the Joneses simply means putting some points on the board. The roster development and scheme at UW has been a disaster on offense, at a time when innovative coaching and schemes are squeezing 30+ points a game out of offenses around the country.

Failed to get a QB to challenge Browning, failed to get young talent on the field, failed to teach something that good players could learn.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020

There has been a major shift in college offense and UW has completely failed to keep up with it. CP was the best and worst thing to happen to UW.

Not sure that’s it. Keeping up with the Jones’ doesn’t get you anywhere most of the time because you still aren’t as good at it as the ones that have been doing it for years.

CP changed his offenses a lot since his time at Boise. He just didn’t have a feel for anything or ever establish anything that consistently worked and was reliable.
    In this case keeping up with the Joneses simply means putting some points on the board. The roster development and scheme at UW has been a disaster on offense, at a time when innovative coaching and schemes are squeezing 30+ points a game out of offenses around the country.

Failed to get a QB to challenge Browning, failed to get young talent on the field, failed to teach something that good players could learn.
    Can’t argue that. Points are obviously what matters.

I do disagree on Browning. No highly rated QB is coming after Browning’s freshman or sophomore year. No highly ranked QB will come until at least Huard’s second year at well, probably his third. I wish we would have gotten a good one but I also realize that is tough to do when a guy plays that well his first two years.

Sure it would have been nice to have a guy to challenge him, but he regressed. Bad coaching for sure, but not much you can do at that point.

We brought in two four star QB’s before his senior year. One sucked and Sirmon will probably suck too. I doubt he ever starts a game.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If you want to make the points scored argument ... then you have to also recognize what hurts us recruiting offensively should help us defensively

I also think the points scored argument is largely bullshit
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020
    Tequilla said:

If you want to make the points scored argument ... then you have to also recognize what hurts us recruiting offensively should help us defensively

Scoring points isn’t important? You can’t be good at offense and defense?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Scoring points is all about pace, plays, and possessions

Unless we start planning on running 100 plays a game (don’t think we are) then we’re never going to score the points that more up tempo teams will.

That was my point
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Scoring points is all about pace, plays, and possessions

Unless we start planning on running 100 plays a game (don’t think we are) then we’re never going to score the points that more up tempo teams will.

That was my point
    That’s fine. Offensive efficiency is needed then. In any case, you can be good at both and we need to score more points, so yeah, points are important.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2020
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Just insanely fluid for that size
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Chest says his @sources are telling him that Emeka is a lean to UW because he has mixed parents.

Yes, we're still at that talking point

81% chance?

I think Chest is Ekland's lost half brother...
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    Just going to say this and you can tell me all about how parents read the boards:

If you are from Washington with a UW offer and you are leaning to OSU or Oklahoma or Georgia or LSU or some such, in my mind you are a ball-sniffing ring-chasing bitch.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

Just going to say this and you can tell me all about how parents read the boards:

If you are from Washington with a UW offer and you are leaning to OSU or Oklahoma or Georgia or LSU or some such, in my mind you are a ball-sniffing ring-chasing bitch.

Disagree. Those schools don’t tie with the Oregon states of their division. They actually try. We don’t.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

STFU
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,610
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

RealRhino said:

If you are a hometown guy and the home program is mildly competent you should stay home.

It gives almost always results in a slight hometown advantage in starting, program offense/defense built around you, playingtime, press attention, off season training support, ect...

When you go to programs like OSU, Alabama, or Georgia from the NW not only will there be guys that can do what you can but you will always be an outsider and in 50/50 split decisions you will lose to a local guy.
    Washington kids who leave the West Coast almost always have shitty careers. Eason is lucky he transferred, because he would have been beaten out eventually and benched at Georgia.

That said, Egbuka is the one kid from here who could really shine out of region.