Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    A lot of kids say that they're saving the officials for cross country trips and will just unofficially visit the close ones. But taking like 8 'official' visits ends up being a lot and they usually don't end up taking them all. I think there's still a good chance he uses officials on UW/Oregon/Stanford.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Personal opinion: don’t feel great about no official visits to P12 schools

Feeling Clemson

Hope I’m wrong

It's not too different from what Smalls was saying a year ago. I'm not too worried....yet.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

Tequilla said:

Personal opinion: don’t feel great about no official visits to P12 schools

Feeling Clemson

Hope I’m wrong

agreed. at face value that is a hugely damning comment. these kids know that officials are important and the fact that he is only willing to give the Pac12 schools (and especially UW) an unofficial 'Wassup?" kind of visit instead of showing a level of seriousness and respect to participating in at least 1-2 official visits to a Pac school.

this tells me he has no interest in staying home. he's set the table quickly. kiss him goodbye folks.
    Awful January out for December isn't it?

But yeah...we fucked.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    Stanford is a Pac 12 school he’s interested in. I’m not worried about the lack of PAC 12 schools. We are one of the 3-4 he’s interested in. Gonna be tough to beat out Clemson, Ohio State, and LSU. Those 3 and Stanford are the threats.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Stanford is quickly becoming a shitshow in football. I think he ends up at tOSU or Clemson...
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    My take is UW and Oregon are close enough that he has been there plenty

Agree that it’s awfully warm for December

I can also understand the logic of saving the distance schools for somebody else’s dime ... it’s something I would have thought about at that age

Proof will be in the pudding though

On the surface not feeling great about staying home

I don’t think any P12 school is in it but UW and Oregon

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If there's any tug to stay home it's UW imo ... But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he went elsewhere.

I read somewhere about Stanford ... Man, only for the edumacation ...not for the football.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Angulo caught up with him at a Vegas 7v7:

– Emeka Egbuka, the nation's No. 1-rated wide receiver per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings, has started to mull over possible visit destinations for the spring once the quiet period re-opens next month, with the likes of Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Oregon all in the picture. The talented wideout from Steilacoom, Wash., tells 247Sports he also hopes to make a local stop by Washington at some point, but likely won't use an official visit on the nearby suitor.

I think this will be Jimmy’s biggest test this cycle. God speed.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

– Emeka Egbuka, the nation's No. 1-rated wide receiver per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings, has started to mull over possible visit destinations for the spring once the quiet period re-opens next month, with the likes of Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Oregon all in the picture. The talented wideout from Steilacoom, Wash., tells 247Sports he also hopes to make a local stop by Washington at some point, but likely won't use an official visit on the nearby suitor.

gone
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It is a terrible sign that he isn’t planning on using an official to UW

The argument to not give an official to UW could also be given for not taking one to Oregon

It’s an hour drive to UW ... it’s a 3.5 hour drive to Eugene
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Save'mart said something similar before his very public dumping of UW, that he wouldn't use an official visit here. Savvy didn't end up taking an OV anywhere else.

Generational UW grads (maybe?), he's ours to lose.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    Never liked the "won't waste an OV on the local school I've been to lots..." thing ...
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    this kid is pushing us away very early.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

this kid is pushing us away very early.

It's Jimmy's job to fix this. Tick tick tick fuck.....
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Earlier he said no OV to Pac-12 schools and now he lists Oregon

If he's changing his mind about that, Jimmy should get an OV out of him whenever Huard visits
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    The Donovan effect. We have not gotten a single commit on offense since that hire and '21 kids are already showing declining interest. Now ask yourself why.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

The Donovan effect. We have not gotten a single commit on offense since that hire and '21 kids are already showing declining interest. Now ask yourself why.

We’ve only got 1 commit at all since that hire. Between December and February last year we had 0 commits. Egbuka leaning elsewhere at this current moment has nothing to do with Donovan. More issues than just him.
    I agree with this completely.

To me it comes down to things like The Larry Scott Effect (lack of sizzle for Pac12, lack of exposure for Pac12 teams, the 5*s all want to play for the same 5 teams now (Bama, tOSU, Georgia, rest of SEC, top Big 10 teams) over pretty much every Pac12 team that doesn't pay the family a shit ton of raw cash (Oregon). The incentive for a 5* to play at home in the Pac12 is now down to 2 things - desire to play in front of family and the emotional connection the hometown team has made on the kids. Scott has been responsible for where the Pac12 is yet nobody in power within the conference's universities either gives a shit or challenges him on his terrible ideas (ranging from strategy for media to location for championship game (and the time)...and now the 9am bullshit, to use of funds for his office and airplane, etc)

Now, playing in front of family is going to be there for some kids and for others they'll be good for their fam to watch them play on tv (unless the kid picks a Pac12 school and then the family can't watch...unless they go to China... but we all know China isn't the top vacation spot it was before December 2019 anymore).

The emotional connection to the hometown team is where it gets kinda weird for us. Pete had about 75% of that going great until he up and bailed...now Jimmy's got to play catch up on that. The other 25% is where UW marketing and AD has really done almost nothing to get the brand out loud and proud (and consistent and desirable).