Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2020

Long way to go with Emaka, wouldn’t worry about his recruitment until fall.

Scratch that, in Vegas for the Wilder and got to talk to some guys for the 7 on 7 tournament. Let’s just say UW doesn’t have as much time as I thought in making up ground. Ohio State and Clemson is his top two with us a distant third. UW is in trouble when he comes to Emaka.
    It’s almost like he researched our offense and oc hire and watched Clemson and Ohio state. Don’t blame him one bit.
    OC hire had nothing to do with it. The past two years of dreadful offense is what killed us. Add in that Ohio State is coming off a CFP appearance and are putting a bunch WR's in the pro's and it's a uphill battle to say the least. The info that I received today makes me believe it will be hard for UW to overcome the gap and frankly I wouldn't get your hopes up when it comes to Emeka coming here.
    Seems like if they don’t land Troy Franklin it’ll
    be a pretty underwhelming year at the position. Not sure if the Tinae offer is coincidental or not, but yeah not getting good vibes.
    Still think they land Troy
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited February 2020
    Losing Emeka, a local Husky legacy, before the season starts, because of last year's offense, when we have a new head coach, a new OC, a new system, and Jesus Christ Superstar QB committed to UW in the same class as him, would be fucking devastating.

LIPO, Emeka!
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Someone should make custom t-shirts with emeka's visage on it and the caption "you made it an easy choice ..." And send it to bushyballs and Peterman (and junior if he deserves it)

Goddammit
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Not sure why people are surprised about Emeka ... there been little evidence that he’s been high on us at all

The fact that he’s been consistent on not wanting to take an official here has been your sign
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Long way to go with Emaka, wouldn’t worry about his recruitment until fall.

Scratch that, in Vegas for the Wilder and got to talk to some guys for the 7 on 7 tournament. Let’s just say UW doesn’t have as much time as I thought in making up ground. Ohio State and Clemson is his top two with us a distant third. UW is in trouble when he comes to Emaka.
    It’s almost like he researched our offense and oc hire and watched Clemson and Ohio state. Don’t blame him one bit.
    OC hire had nothing to do with it. The past six+ years of dreadful offense is what killed us. Add in that Ohio State is coming off a CFP appearance and are putting a bunch WR's in the pro's and it's a uphill battle to say the least. The info that I received today makes me believe it will be hard for UW to overcome the gap and frankly I wouldn't get your hopes up when it comes to Emeka coming here.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

He not coming to UW :'(

@DoogCourics great @RaceBannon @Sources

Suck on my shit
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I personally blame G Scott Sr. For this w/respect
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Ohio State is going to fall this year. Clemson probably won't

There is a lot of time for Jimmy to prove this is the place

Did Justin Fields die? Don’t see them falling off on offense with how good he is
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

He not coming to UW :'(

Dialed in
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Climp is definitely not falling off until FSU gets their shit together in a few years.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    “Schools that are doing a really good job recruiting me, (Washington), Ohio State, Clemson, Oregon, LSU, Stanford, Oklahoma, schools like that.”

The Huskies, Buckeyes and ACC Tigers are perceived to be in the best position for the No. 7 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite. Egbuka talked about all three.

On Washington: I think Coach (Jimmy) Lake is going to do a ton of good things for the program. He’s going to make the offense more aggressive. I love Coach Pete too. Having him step down it was surprising but I think they’re in great hands with Coach Lake taking over.”

On Ohio State: “They develop receivers every year and they just know how to play football. They develop their guys as players and young men and I have a great relationship with the coaching staff.” Egbuka also talked about coming in after OSU signed four talented receivers in 2020. “They think I have more versatility than some of those guys and they can move me around the field more and play sort of a Parris Campbell role. That is definitely intriguing. Coming behind great receivers there is nothing wrong with that and learning and competing against some of the greatest DBs as well as being more polished for the sophomore and junior years.”

On Clemson: “New receivers coach, getting to know Coach (Tyler) Grisham a little bit and probably try and get down there this spring and see what he has to say in person and meet him and go over depth charts and his style of coaching.”

Egbuka is aiming to get to Oklahoma this spring as well.

“Because that’s one of the only places I haven’t been,” he said. “I just have a really good relationship with the coaching staff. Coach (Lincoln) Riley and Coach (Dennis) Simmons and they’ve been up to Washington countless times to see me so I think it’s fair to go over there and see what they have to offer.”

Egbuka said the places he’s been the most are Washington, USC and UCLA with Ohio State the most after that. He also added that he talks to Ed Orgeron at LSU “regularly.”

A decision could come at any point.

“I don’t have a specific date in mind or even a timeline,” Egbuka explained. “Just whenever it feels right I’m going to make the decision because there is no reason to waste time.”

Egbuka knows what he’s looking for in a school.

“Probably opportunity to play, a home environment where I know I can fit in and even if I’m away from home it feels like that and a place that is going to develop me as a person and a player.”
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Alpha Dog

The Top247’s No. 1 ranked receiver Emeka Egbuka put on a show for his Heir Black team scoring nine touchdowns in three pool play games leading them to one of the more prolific offensive outbursts any of the roughy 120 teams had on Saturday. Egbuka’s highlight reel included a catch over the middle before quickly pivoting to reverse field shaking a few defenders en route to the end zone. From quick strike scores to chunk plays on short receptions, Egbuka was the day’s most exciting player with the ball in his hands.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,378
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ohio State hasn't lost two games since 2013

They will lose at least that

Including to Oregon

They are on the way down with Day
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020

Ryan Day sucks

Book it

We’ll see. The infrastructure is so strong there that it’s hard to fuck up. It’s amazing he had a rep as an offensive guru. He had coached some truly awful offenses before coming to Ohio State. He was lucky to have the Chip relationship and capitalize on it at the right time. He was also lucky Urban was feeling heat from Zach Smith and waltzed into the Ohio State job instead of having to go to a lower tier school.

Coaching really matters a lot, but it’s obviously a lot easier with a team full of elite prospects. He’s probably still a few years away from it showing if he does indeed suck.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

“Schools that are doing a really good job recruiting me, (Washington), Ohio State, Clemson, Oregon, LSU, Stanford, Oklahoma, schools like that.”

The Huskies, Buckeyes and ACC Tigers are perceived to be in the best position for the No. 7 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite. Egbuka talked about all three.

On Washington: I think Coach (Jimmy) Lake is going to do a ton of good things for the program. He’s going to make the offense more aggressive. I love Coach Pete too. Having him step down it was surprising but I think they’re in great hands with Coach Lake taking over.”

On Ohio State: “They develop receivers every year and they just know how to play football. They develop their guys as players and young men and I have a great relationship with the coaching staff.” Egbuka also talked about coming in after OSU signed four talented receivers in 2020. “They think I have more versatility than some of those guys and they can move me around the field more and play sort of a Parris Campbell role. That is definitely intriguing. Coming behind great receivers there is nothing wrong with that and learning and competing against some of the greatest DBs as well as being more polished for the sophomore and junior years.”

On Clemson: “New receivers coach, getting to know Coach (Tyler) Grisham a little bit and probably try and get down there this spring and see what he has to say in person and meet him and go over depth charts and his style of coaching.”

Egbuka is aiming to get to Oklahoma this spring as well.

“Because that’s one of the only places I haven’t been,” he said. “I just have a really good relationship with the coaching staff. Coach (Lincoln) Riley and Coach (Dennis) Simmons and they’ve been up to Washington countless times to see me so I think it’s fair to go over there and see what they have to offer.”

Egbuka said the places he’s been the most are Washington, USC and UCLA with Ohio State the most after that. He also added that he talks to Ed Orgeron at LSU “regularly.”

A decision could come at any point.

“I don’t have a specific date in mind or even a timeline,” Egbuka explained. “Just whenever it feels right I’m going to make the decision because there is no reason to waste time.”

Egbuka knows what he’s looking for in a school.

“Probably opportunity to play, a home environment where I know I can fit in and even if I’m away from home it feels like that and a place that is going to develop me as a person and a player.”

Even from these you can tell it's OSU
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    There has been a major shift in college offense and UW has completely failed to keep up with it. CP was the best and worst thing to happen to UW.