Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The Donovan effect. We have not gotten a single commit on offense since that hire and '21 kids are already showing declining interest. Now ask yourself why.

We’ve only got 1 commit at all since that hire. Between December and February last year we had 0 commits. Egbuka leaning elsewhere at this current moment has nothing to do with Donovan. More issues than just him.
    We got Puka last February
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    The problem is that you guys are not twatting enough at recruits
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The Donovan effect. We have not gotten a single commit on offense since that hire and '21 kids are already showing declining interest. Now ask yourself why.

We’ve only got 1 commit at all since that hire. Between December and February last year we had 0 commits. Egbuka leaning elsewhere at this current moment has nothing to do with Donovan. More issues than just him.
    I do think the Donovan hire will make offensive recruits take more of a wait and see approach which does get us because kids are often making early decisions.

If we hired an OC that had prior success and had coached players that went to the NFL, we wouldn’t be having this problem. I can’t fathom why we made such a bad hire at such a crucial time.

I hope we surprise on offense and that Egbuka makes a later decision. Having Huard on board should definitely help. If Garners starts and plays well that would also really help. If he and the other QB’s suck, we are going to have a hard time getting him and we desperately need him. I like our WR’s this year a lot, but Egbuka is different different.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Long way to go with Emaka, wouldn’t worry about his recruitment until fall.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

That's just going to make me worry even more
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I hope Junior Adams doesn’t take this advice
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Adams hasnt lost a recruiting battle yet at UW. Getting Odunze and McMillan from out of state and helping bat cleanup to bring in Nacua should be enough to give people some confidence that Egbuka will come around.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    He not coming to UW :'(
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Wiltfong:

“Emeka Egbuka easy Alpha Dog today. Highest on Clemson, Ohio State, Washington, LSU, Oklahoma and Stanford. First three listed probably in best position.”
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    I’m truly gutted and feel sick to my stomach reading this.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Scratch that, in Vegas for the Wilder and got to talk to some guys for the 7 on 7 tournament. Let’s just say UW doesn’t have as much time as I thought in making up ground. Ohio State and Clemson is his top two with us a distant third. UW is in trouble when he comes to Emaka.
    I’m truly gutted and feel sick to my stomach reading this.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    edited February 2020

Scratch that, in Vegas for the Wilder and got to talk to some guys for the 7 on 7 tournament. Let’s just say UW doesn’t have as much time as I thought in making up ground. Ohio State and Clemson is his top two with us a distant third. UW is in trouble when he comes to Emaka.
    It’s almost like he researched our offense and oc hire and watched Clemson and Ohio state. Don’t blame him one bit.
    OC hire had nothing to do with it. The past two years of dreadful offense is what killed us. Add in that Ohio State is coming off a CFP appearance and are putting a bunch WR's in the pro's and it's a uphill battle to say the least. The info that I received today makes me believe it will be hard for UW to overcome the gap and frankly I wouldn't get your hopes up when it comes to Emeka coming here.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It’s almost like he researched our offense and oc hire and watched Clemson and Ohio state. Don’t blame him one bit.
    OC hire had nothing to do with it. The past two years of dreadful offense is what killed us. Add in that Ohio State is coming off a CFP appearance and are putting a bunch WR's in the pro's and it's a uphill battle to say the least. The info that I received today makes me believe it will be hard for UW to overcome the gap and frankly I wouldn't get your hopes up when it comes to Emeka coming here.
    Seems like if they don’t land Troy Franklin it’ll
    be a pretty underwhelming year at the position. Not sure if the Tinae offer is coincidental or not, but yeah not getting good vibes.