Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dontae McMillan, 3* 2019 RB, Seattle (Chief Sealth), WA

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was thinking of Kentrell Love, back to the original point, King would still be recruited by Pete. Finding out he went to O'dowd only weakens the argument that Pete wouldn't.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AEB said:

Kevin King is from San Leandro, a modest East Bay community south of Oakland, and went to O’Dowd. He was/is a good kid and a legend in SL.

I don’t know what’s gentrifying faster, the East Bay or Wikipedia 🙄
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

The problem I have is when there is a suggestion that we aren’t recruiting McMillan for a reason tied to race or whatnot ... it’s just dangerous and IMO lazy to use that as a reason

1) We don’t know what the final class looks like and whether he will be in or out

2) If he isn’t at UW, we don’t know where he’s going to end up so let’s see if that materializes

The goal is to compile the best 85 on scholarship as possible ... I don’t honestly care where they come, what their skin color or religion is, how many moms/dads, etc they have. What I care about is that they buy into what Pete is selling and represent the UW well

Obviously. Again not about not talking about Dontae. Talking about overall strategy for the third time.

We haven’t been recruiting because we’ve had other priorities. Period. We all know that.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Without question, figuring it out? It's hard. Before recruiting blasts off and away we go, it takes a minute.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

The problem I have is when there is a suggestion that we aren’t recruiting McMillan for a reason tied to race or whatnot ... it’s just dangerous and IMO lazy to use that as a reason

1) We don’t know what the final class looks like and whether he will be in or out

2) If he isn’t at UW, we don’t know where he’s going to end up so let’s see if that materializes

The goal is to compile the best 85 on scholarship as possible ... I don’t honestly care where they come, what their skin color or religion is, how many moms/dads, etc they have. What I care about is that they buy into what Pete is selling and represent the UW well

But since we’re on the topic, but ummm why did we take Mosiah Nasili-Liu again?
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

He puts in a lot of work, he got that award or whatever for hardest worker

He's going to be good
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited January 2019
    Thank

Tequilla said:

He's going to be good
    I doubt LMC disagrees, he’s just referring to the narrative that we only took Liu to start the Poly movement. It’s an interesting theory but I think the simplest explanation is we evaluate better than anybody and realized he was underrated at a time we weren’t hitting on our top guys. His race was a bonus if a factor at all.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    E

Thank

Tequilla said:

He's going to be good
    I doubt LMC disagrees, he’s just referring to the narrative that we only took Liu to start the Poly movement. It’s an interesting theory but I think the simplest explanation is we evaluate better than anybody and realized he was underrated at a time we weren’t hitting on our top guys. His race was a bonus if a factor at all.
    It's been a few pages since I understood what was being argued in this thread
    Welcome to offseason
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

He fit a need and he was good...He was committed to Utah...its not like he didn't have options.

Hey...I hope we can get Dontae in the class but its not like Utah and a bunch of other schools are banging on his door so there is something there...not sure if its skills, injuries, grades, or even may be something dumb like the right classes taken to be college eligible or something. Who knows...but I don't think speculating and bashing the coaching staff on something that is unknown is the best way to spend one's time...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s almost like people here are projecting the qualities of being OKG as being impacted by racial stereotypes, and ignoring how its actually being applied by their background/surroundings....
  • Options
    I’m not saying mosiah isn’t good I like mosiah, but the same reasons to justify taking him should be the same reasons to be upset for not taking tre’shaun.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Fuck this thread turned into aids. Start a thread about the OKG shit and race. LMC, you admitted the debate you started didn't apply to McMillan. So why is it in his thread? Why the fuck are you bringing up a DL recruit from last year in his thread? Fuck dude. You start some decent discussions and make some points but they're poorly placed/timed.

Ritalin
  • Options
    JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Thank

Tequilla said:

He's going to be good

Like, my opinion man don't matter. But even if we only took him to start the poly movement he was worth it. Maybe since he saw the amount of talent coming in he decided to step it up! Hope he can contribute. Doog fingers crossed!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Thank

Tequilla said:

He's going to be good

Like, my opinion man don't matter. But even if we only took him to start the poly movement he was worth it. Maybe since he saw the amount of talent coming in he decided to step it up! Hope he can contribute. Doog fingers crossed!
    He will