Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The UW Doog Pod Episode 5 Latter Day Doogs

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    @Swaye @Thebourbinator , errr, I mean Mayor I’d Ding Dong City.

Qualifier: I have never been fast strategy. Like Yella Piss I am slow strategy as fuck. I’ve never done blow or had my way with hookers. I’m a beer festival, drink whiskey neat, routine sex with one woman, take vacations and go to sporting events kind of guy.

That said, marriage didn’t ruin my life. I feel like one of the few guys who ever says that, but I’m not miserable.

I was with my wife 6 years before we got married. Been married for 2 years now. Nothing has changed for us. She didn’t turn into a monster, and we still do the same shit we did before.

We are non-breeders, so maybe that’s the difference. Without kids our time isn’t completely taken up and we aren’t stressed and don’t argue.

What I’m trying to say, is if you get yourself a cool ass chick, things don’t necessarily have to change. Or maybe I’m the fucking anomaly. My friends seem miserable, but they all started having kids. They love their kids and wouldn’t change it, but their marriage has changed over time.

Either way, good luck doods.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Damn, not done yet but all this depressing marriage talk and I’m sitting here with an engagement ring in my closet getting ready to propose this weekend..

Congrats! Hope the proposal goes well.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    Swaye's Wigwam

Qualifier: I have never been fast strategy. Like Yella Piss I am slow strategy as fuck. I’ve never done blow or had my way with hookers. I’m a beer festival, drink whiskey neat, routine sex with one woman, take vacations and go to sporting events kind of guy.

That said, marriage didn’t ruin my life. I feel like one of the few guys who ever says that, but I’m not miserable.

I was with my wife 6 years before we got married. Been married for 2 years now. Nothing has changed for us. She didn’t turn into a monster, and we still do the same shit we did before.

We are non-breeders, so maybe that’s the difference. Without kids our time isn’t completely taken up and we aren’t stressed and don’t argue.

What I’m trying to say, is if you get yourself a cool ass chick, things don’t necessarily have to change. Or maybe I’m the fucking anomaly. My friends seem miserable, but they all started having kids. They love their kids and wouldn’t change it, but their marriage has changed over time.

Children definitely change things for a lot of people. A lot of my friends are as described. The upside to my wife being in education is that she's already pretty much been a professional mom. We also get childcare benefits which is how we went out last night.

My life as a dad, so far, has been mostly a cake walk from my relative view of other friends experiences. Simple things like knowing about sleep training (oh thank christ), teaching my kid to pick up her own toys at a young age, being well behaved in public, and not having to navigate the world of childcare products (the wife already knows every single item she wants I just sign the checks) have made things exponentially easier as a first time parent. Also, my wife has zero fear of taking our kid all kinds of places which a lot of my friends never go anywhere with their infants/ toddlers.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Children definitely change things for a lot of people. A lot of my friends are as described. The upside to my wife being in education is that she's already pretty much been a professional mom. We also get childcare benefits which is how we went out last night.

My life as a dad, so far, has been mostly a cake walk from my relative view of other friends experiences. Simple things like knowing about sleep training (oh thank christ), teaching my kid to pick up her own toys at a young age, being well behaved in public, and not having to navigate the world of childcare products (the wife already knows every single item she wants I just sign the checks) have made things exponentially easier as a first time parent. Also, my wife has zero fear of taking our kid all kinds of places which a lot of my friends never go anywhere with their infants/ toddlers.
    Yours is a very unique set of circumstances which obviously you get. I also would add that with young kids boys can be more rambunctious than the girls- i.e., more energy to manage.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yours is a very unique set of circumstances which obviously you get. I also would add that with young kids boys can be more rambunctious than the girls- i.e., more energy to manage.
    True, but you and @BearsWiin have the advantage of spouses pulling down the cheddar. Education definitely doesn't pay the bills in California or even Seattle these days.
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2018

What I’m trying to say, is if you get yourself a cool ass chick, things don’t necessarily have to change. Or maybe I’m the fucking anomaly.

This.

I’ve never been married, but from my view in the cheap seats, marriage (or any type of relationship for that matter) can be what you want it to be, assuming you’ve picked the right partner and are both on relatively the same page.
  • GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061

Damn, not done yet but all this depressing marriage talk and I’m sitting here with an engagement ring in my closet getting ready to propose this weekend..

Hey man, just don't marry basic, and that goes for both sexes.

I was out at Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphy's with the wife last night. The stoli is in the freezer and i'm getting ready for Sunday morning on Saturday morning.

Married life ain't that bad.

Except for swaye, he's doomed, the spirits have spoken.
    Love me some Dropkick Murphy’s.
  • GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061

There will come a time you will remember fondly every crazy chaotic moment.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

True, but you and @BearsWiin have the advantage of spouses pulling down the cheddar. Education definitely doesn't pay the bills in California or even Seattle these days.
    That just means we're whipped and have no leverage. And I still have to go to a jerb and I dont live at the beach. Sad.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538

Nothing changed with you?
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    DDY: Tevis reminds of of Darrell Daniel's but a little physically different.

No shit?
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    @WilburHooksHands why did you have to bring up QRich?

I buried that defensive scheme from my memory with Feeney and Littleton heating the edge.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I’m slow strategy as fuck and I have done blow, no excuse.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

@WilburHooksHands why did you have to bring up QRich?

I buried that defensive scheme from my memory with Feeney and Littleton heating the edge.

MisterEm said:

DDY: Tevis reminds of of Darrell Daniel's but a little physically different.

No shit?

Wrong pood. It's hard.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don;t mentiong me assblaster
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Don;t mentiong me assblaster

Fuck off. A woman took the bet in place of your pussy ass.
  • ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Proposal happened, didn’t spontaneously burst into flames, she said yes, everything feels the same (except with more bridal magazines.) I’ll stop updating you all with my boring as life now, except you can expect that the class of 2045 will be special if you’re into half Asian DB’s
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club

Proposal happened, didn’t spontaneously burst into flames, she said yes, everything feels the same (except with more bridal magazines.) I’ll stop updating you all with my boring as life now, except you can expect that the class of 2045 will be special if you’re into half Asian DB’s

YKWYWF
    Standard Supporter

https://youtu.be/gGIap2_tmng

*In all seriousness congratulations.