Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gary Bryant, 2020 WR, Centennial (Corona), CA (Offered 6/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the only way Bryant is still in the picture is if theres a possibility Sawyer gets switched to defense. I kind of hope for it as it makes room for yet another guy with elite traits. At the same time I want to see what Sawyer can do at WR. All these big WR, and him being the biggest of the bunch, is exciting as hell.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Is dude faster than JR3 was in HS? More highly regarded recruit than Ross?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We are running third right now behind ASU and USC. There's still questions on if we would take him because we were only going to take two WR's at first but expanded it to three but four might be pushing it. USC is the leader since they are the local school he grew up rooting for and because Bryce Young is committed there which is huge for him because he wants to play with a elite QB. While he has elite speed, he's played with shitty QB's his whole career who haven't been able to get him the ball downfield so that's why QB play is a big factor. If Bryce Young deccommits I see USC dropping out as the favorites, ASU is where I think he goes because of his relationship with Pierce and Herm along with Jayden becoming the starting QB and they get the last visit. Depending on if he visits and how it goes, I could see us moving up with him but at this moment I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Is Racanelli for sure slotted as a WR, or are the coaches open to putting him on D?
    For sure they have him as a WR. They are doing well with the LB's so no need to move him there plus he doesn't want to play there.
    Tell me more
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Are there any recruits that we aren't discussing that could pop?
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,208
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Expect a woof soon, Flowe just committed

We are running third right now behind ASU and USC. There's still questions on if we would take him because we were only going to take two WR's at first but expanded it to three but four might be pushing it. USC is the leader since they are the local school he grew up rooting for and because Bryce Young is committed there which is huge for him because he wants to play with a elite QB. While he has elite speed, he's played with shitty QB's his whole career who haven't been able to get him the ball downfield so that's why QB play is a big factor. If Bryce Young deccommits I see USC dropping out as the favorites, ASU is where I think he goes because of his relationship with Pierce and Herm along with Jayden becoming the starting QB and they get the last visit. Depending on if he visits and how it goes, I could see us moving up with him but at this moment I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Is Racanelli for sure slotted as a WR, or are the coaches open to putting him on D?
    For sure they have him as a WR. They are doing well with the LB's so no need to move him there plus he doesn't want to play there.
    Tell me more
    You will see at signing day.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tell me more
    You will see at signing day.
    Well I guess we know from which position we will be stealing guys from Oregon this year
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Penace said:

Yes there is one guy in particular but 50/50 chance it happens.
    Is this guy the other “CATACLYSM” recruit we were talking about or somebody new?
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460

Penace said:

Is this guy the other “CATACLYSM” recruit we were talking about or somebody new?
    I'm not in Ruth's mind so I can't speak to which recruit she is referring to.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

The staff does a great job of blowing kids away on their official visits so I won't be surprised if UW vaults themselves to the top after his OV in September. Can't pass on the chance to get a dynamic WR that has 4.4 speed in high school.

We can because the numbers don’t support us taking 4 WRs in this class IMO
    Unlike Johnny Wilson, Bryant is a take no matter what kind of recruit. Elite speed can never be turned down. Having guys that can stretch the field vertically changes the game.
    I agree with everything but the Wilson part. People are being overly rough on you SAC. Good thing you are tough
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

The staff does a great job of blowing kids away on their official visits so I won't be surprised if UW vaults themselves to the top after his OV in September. Can't pass on the chance to get a dynamic WR that has 4.4 speed in high school.

We can because the numbers don’t support us taking 4 WRs in this class IMO
    Unlike Johnny Wilson, Bryant is a take no matter what kind of recruit. Elite speed can never be turned down. Having guys that can stretch the field vertically changes the game.
    I agree with everything but the Wilson part. People are being overly rough on you SAC. Good thing you are tough
    Yeah SAC is good shit. Personally, I respect his contrarian opinions. Plus he makes me laugh.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Penace said:

Should be interesting either way.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Lol he’s coming here. Crystal dong it. UW-USC race. His OV for SC is going to be so lit and we are going to beat them down that he’ll come here if we want him still.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Set up 2 other officials. Already visited Oklahoma on April 12

UW - Sept 28 vs. USC
    ASU - Nov 9 vs. USC
    USC - Nov 28/After their season.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah...he's going to USC