Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gary Bryant, 2020 WR, Centennial (Corona), CA (Offered 6/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Penace said:

We just won an unwatchable game against the beav. We are a dead man walking 6 and 4 team. I'm not sure I would be clouting our culture at this point.

Our culture is losers lose
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2019

Meek said:

FirePete said:

Meek said:

He will commit to USC once they hire a new coach

this is where Petersen's recruiting strategy has had an obvious missing link. He hasn't recognized that "USC is a dumpster fire" is a very temporary situation and top recruits will literally hold their commits and make them to a future coach, whoever the fuck it is. We should have been employing a clear and direct strategy to get the best recruits to join us while USC is down by letting the OKG/B4L thing not apply for a few years.
    Great and then we can have USC’s toxic and undisciplined culture.
    cal has superior culture than us. they beat us twice with less talent
    i thought about Weaver's "culture" comment and have to wonder if somewhere during recruiting it was told to him that he may not fit the culture at UW and that's why he made those comments. Just speculation, though.
    His spot got taken, we backed off and he got mad because he wanted to come here. That “culture”’ at Cal that he talks about is a 6-6 program with a senior heavy team which is hilarious to me.
    I get that but I was just trying to (civilly) reference back to that Weaver brought up the culture issue in a personal way. Just seemed like he may have been lead to believe he didn't fit the culture here so he took an opportunity to mention better culture after they won...which, to be honest, I thought was pretty funny when he said it.

*also edit to add that anyone who gets mad that they couldn't come here... i have to say that I like that he wanted to come here.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Weaver's culture comments are fucking stupid. The kid was butthurt about not being a Dawg and he played his two best games against us. Good for him. I would take him over Manu any day of the week but it's not like he plays every week like he did against UW.

Sure, except he leads the country in total tackles with 15.2 per game. He basically balls out every week regardless of opponent.
    Imagine thinking tackles matter. Anybody could lead the nation in tackles per game in that system. Quit propping up try hard white LBs!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Weaver's culture comments are fucking stupid. The kid was butthurt about not being a Dawg and he played his two best games against us. Good for him. I would take him over Manu any day of the week but it's not like he plays every week like he did against UW.

Sure, except he leads the country in total tackles with 15.2 per game. He basically balls out every week regardless of opponent.
    Imagine thinking tackles matter. Anybody could lead the nation in tackles per game in that system. Quit propping up try hard white LBs!
    Are you really arguing that Evan Weaver is not good?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Are you really arguing that Evan Weaver is not good?
    I think that hawt take belongs to @BeerThirty up the quote chain there, muchacho.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019

Meek said:

FirePete said:

Meek said:

He will commit to USC once they hire a new coach

this is where Petersen's recruiting strategy has had an obvious missing link. He hasn't recognized that "USC is a dumpster fire" is a very temporary situation and top recruits will literally hold their commits and make them to a future coach, whoever the fuck it is. We should have been employing a clear and direct strategy to get the best recruits to join us while USC is down by letting the OKG/B4L thing not apply for a few years.
    Great and then we can have USC’s toxic and undisciplined culture.
    cal has superior culture than us. they beat us twice with less talent
    i thought about Weaver's "culture" comment and have to wonder if somewhere during recruiting it was told to him that he may not fit the culture at UW and that's why he made those comments. Just speculation, though.
    His spot got taken, we backed off and he got mad because he wanted to come here. That “culture”’ at Cal that he talks about is a 6-6 program with a senior heavy team which is hilarious to me.
    Still a big mistake. Weaver could play for everyone in the country.

Edit: Courics said the same thing. Weaver is a stud and has the right to still be pissed off.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tackles aren’t everything, but guys like Weaver and BBK that make every tackle between 2-8 yards are good players.

Cort Dennison racked up tackles after 7 yard gains. He’s an example of a guy making a ton of tackles that wasn’t very good.

Weaver can sustain a level of intensity and responsibility that most players can't. He has motor and intent.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I stand corrected. I didn't think he was having a year like that
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

This Weaver talk is the Doogiest thing I've read since that Doogman intern twat Luke Mounger tried to say on Twitter that it's OK if we're 6-4 because he grew up in the 0-12 misery.

I'd KILL for Weaver on this team or any. At least he plays with fire. At least he fucking dominates. And at least he'd be better than the two worst ILBs in modern Husky football history. You guys, man...(facepalm). He shoved Cal's culture right up our supreme culture asses two years in a row. Good for him. Kid can talk as much smack as he wants.

He was talking shit all game this year and he more than backed it up with his play. Kid is a stud.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Problem is that if came to uw he'd be riding the bench and the competitive fire would have been extinguished by petermans system already.

He would have been suspended and probably let go ... if not, he would have become the neutered version of his cal self.

... and he would have transfer portal to Cal lol
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

I know you're being sarcastic, but I actually used to think tackles were the most overrated stat in sports. Shit, maybe they still are.

But after watching Manu and Wellington struggle to even put up the easiest numbers available for a defender, I now put at least a little stock in them.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    animate said:

Problem is that if came to uw he'd be riding the bench and the competitive fire would have been extinguished by petermans system already.

He would have been suspended and probably let go ... if not, he would have become the neutered version of his cal self.

... and he would have transfer portal to Cal lol

You really think Pete wouldn't play a supposed try hard white guy who is actually really good?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019

dnc said:

I know you're being sarcastic, but I actually used to think tackles were the most overrated stat in sports. Shit, maybe they still are.

But after watching Manu and Wellington struggle to even put up the easiest numbers available for a defender, I now put at least a little stock in them.
    I get that they can be overrated, but most the time it means you’re around the ball and have instincts.

Any stat can be overrated or misleading. TFL’s can be if a player only plays hard half of the snaps. Completion percentage if you miss the important throws. Interceptions if you give up a ton of completions. Stats are for losers, but they have some use when matched with the eyeball test.