Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gary Bryant, 2020 WR, Centennial (Corona), CA (Offered 6/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited May 2019
    Beating USC's ass during his official visit would be huge for this recruitment. I hope Jimmy and the boys can shut down SC's air raid like they do every year versus WSU. I think they can and will.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    I would kill for this guy.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    - Beat usc
    - Shut down their "air raid" with multiple pick 6s etc
    - Show Mr Bryant that he gets to practice and grind against death row no fly zone every day in order to prepare for the nfl
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    animate said:

- Beat usc
    - Shut down their "air raid" with multiple pick 6s etc
    - Show Mr Bryant that he gets to practice and grind against death row no fly zone every day in order to prepare for the nfl

I’m guessing we have to message our numbers in a way that makes the depth chart look open compared to when you look at first glance. In the next two years we’ll lose (thank god) Fuller, Baccellia, Pounds, Chin, and Ty. I would tell him that Ty is already thinking about leaving early.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

This gets back to my point of slotting guys properly ...

If Aaron Fuller is your top WR then you are probably mediocre as a position group ...

If Aaron Fuller is your 3rd best WR ... then you might have a pretty good receiving group ...

This isn’t hard

This is well put. Just because he was unfairly asked to be the next Dante doesn't mean hes terrible. I think he will be pretty good this year as a secondary option but he obviously isnt a number one wr to depend on every game. I think the same of Opera.

Who gets most receptions next year? Ty step up?
    There's a pretty decent argument that Fuller had a better junior year than Pettis did as a senior.

Which brings back to the same point I made when Pettis was headed into the draft - he's a lot better than people realized he just had an absolute train wreck for a QB. The 49ers, to their credit, realized this and still took Dante in the second round.

I don't think Fuller's a second rounder but I don't think he's a JAG either. Dude's two best games were at Auburn and at Utah, so fuck off with the "he only produced against shit opponents" nonsense.

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

This gets back to my point of slotting guys properly ...

If Aaron Fuller is your top WR then you are probably mediocre as a position group ...

If Aaron Fuller is your 3rd best WR ... then you might have a pretty good receiving group ...

This isn’t hard

This is well put. Just because he was unfairly asked to be the next Dante doesn't mean hes terrible. I think he will be pretty good this year as a secondary option but he obviously isnt a number one wr to depend on every game. I think the same of Opera.

Who gets most receptions next year? Ty step up?
    There's a pretty decent argument that Fuller had a better junior year than Pettis did as a senior.

Which brings back to the same point I made when Pettis was headed into the draft - he's a lot better than people realized he just had an absolute train wreck for a QB. The 49ers, to their credit, realized this and still took Dante in the second round.

I don't think Fuller's a second rounder but I don't think he's a JAG either. Dude's two best games were at Auburn and at Utah, so fuck off with the "he only produced against shit opponents" nonsense.
    Explain

More catches and more yards.

Pettis' top four games of 2017: @ Oregon State, Fresno State (six of his 7 td's in these 2 games), Oregon, Utah.

Fuller's top four games of 2018: Auburn (road neutral), at Utah, at UCLA, BYU.

Fuller's best games came against better aggregate opponents than Pettis' did.

I'm not bashing Pettis here. Dante was the fucking man. His senior year numbers were only bad because Browning.

But I think the same mostly applies to Fuller's junior year.
    Bumps in support of my guys @WilburHooksHands and @RoadDawg55
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

We are running third right now behind ASU and USC. There's still questions on if we would take him because we were only going to take two WR's at first but expanded it to three but four might be pushing it. USC is the leader since they are the local school he grew up rooting for and because Bryce Young is committed there which is huge for him because he wants to play with a elite QB. While he has elite speed, he's played with shitty QB's his whole career who haven't been able to get him the ball downfield so that's why QB play is a big factor. If Bryce Young deccommits I see USC dropping out as the favorites, ASU is where I think he goes because of his relationship with Pierce and Herm along with Jayden becoming the starting QB and they get the last visit. Depending on if he visits and how it goes, I could see us moving up with him but at this moment I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Is Racanelli for sure slotted as a WR, or are the coaches open to putting him on D?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    We should be putting more recruiting resources in California ... if we did we’d have a better chance with Gary Bryant
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    The staff does a great job of blowing kids away on their official visits so I won't be surprised if UW vaults themselves to the top after his OV in September. Can't pass on the chance to get a dynamic WR that has 4.4 speed in high school.
  • Options

The staff does a great job of blowing kids away on their official visits so I won't be surprised if UW vaults themselves to the top after his OV in September. Can't pass on the chance to get a dynamic WR that has 4.4 speed in high school.

We can because the numbers don’t support us taking 4 WRs in this class IMO
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Why not? We lose Fuller, Baccellia, Pounds, and Chico after this year. Chin is on couch sale watch as well.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    ATBS i think we’d take Gary Bryant and I understand why.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Tequilla said:

Unlike Johnny Wilson, Bryant is a take no matter what kind of recruit. Elite speed can never be turned down. Having guys that can stretch the field vertically changes the game.
  • Options
    All depends on numbers

Everybody is a take in a vacuum
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Tequilla said:

All depends on numbers

Everybody is a take in a vacuum

They would couch sale somebody on the team for this kid if they had to.