Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Peterson's shrinking balls a growing concern?

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

What if Petersen came to Washington specifically because he doesn't have balls and knew this was a D 1 payday where no one actually gives a shit about winning big?

Chew on that

He didn't want the Oregon job because there would be expectations.

That's an interesting poont.
    So Cristoball should be gone after going for less than 10 wins this year with a soft as charmin schedule then right?
    Not what I was saying at all and Oregon was a different program in 2012 than it was in 2017. Slingblade shit all over the mattress.

What I am saying is Oregon was coming off of three conference titles in four years, NC game, multi BCS games, and had a sure fire playoff roster when Petersen was offered the job and said no because he didn't want to have to live up to the expectations.

Then a few years later he takes over a UW program that hasn't won in ages and the fan base had mostly lost interest.

If Cristobal isn't pushing for the playoffs in November of his fifth year the fan base is going to be fucking livid. UW's fan base isn't going to really care because there has only been one good season in the last 20.

Race has a point. Peterman turned down the Ferrari for a Toyota Camry.
    Pete made the playoffs his third year. Giving Cristobal 5 hardly shows tuffer expectations

Oregon is a piece of shit not a Ferrari. Hope this helps
    Cute, but you know that isn't true. If you lose in Eugene this year you've already lost the war again.
    It’s 100% true Pete made the playoffs in his third year.

Quooks hate facts.
    Helfrich won a playoff game in his second year.

Slingblade >>>>>> Pete

Doogs hate facts.
    This is the dumbest poast in the history of this website.

• Options
    edited September 2018

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

What if Petersen came to Washington specifically because he doesn't have balls and knew this was a D 1 payday where no one actually gives a shit about winning big?

Chew on that

So Cristoball should be gone after going for less than 10 wins this year with a soft as charmin schedule then right?
    Not what I was saying at all and Oregon was a different program in 2012 than it was in 2017. Slingblade shit all over the mattress.

What I am saying is Oregon was coming off of three conference titles in four years, NC game, multi BCS games, and had a sure fire playoff roster when Petersen was offered the job and said no because he didn't want to have to live up to the expectations.

Then a few years later he takes over a UW program that hasn't won in ages and the fan base had mostly lost interest.

If Cristobal isn't pushing for the playoffs in November of his fifth year the fan base is going to be fucking livid. UW's fan base isn't going to really care because there has only been one good season in the last 20.

Pete made the playoffs his third year. Giving Cristobal 5 hardly shows tuffer expectations

Cute, but you know that isn't true. If you lose in Eugene this year you've already lost the war again.

Quooks hate facts.

Slingblade >>>>>> Pete

Doogs hate facts.
    So what you are saying is that Slingblade>>>>Chip?
    Quook logic would suggest that a playoff victory is equal to a BCS title game appearance in the era where playoff games didn't yet exist, but title games did. So technically speaking, they're equals, that's more or less true, even though we know it isn't.

Just like UW's half natty is equivalent to a title game appearance (because the actual game was never played on the field) or a playoff victory.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Chew on that

Quooks hate facts.

Slingblade >>>>>> Pete

Doogs hate facts.
    Quook logic would suggest that a playoff victory is equal to a BCS title game appearance in the era where playoff games didn't yet exist, but title games did. So technically speaking, they're equals, that's more or less true, even though we know it isn't.

Just like UW's half natty is equivalent to a title game appearance (because the actual game was never played on the field) or a playoff victory.
    I wasnt aware of how these things worked. Im glad youre here to enlighten me
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited September 2018
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Chew on that

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Oregon actually won a playoff game. Checkmate doogs.

Great character break as always, @MikeSeaver
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Chew on that

Times like this I wish there was a "desperate" button to click.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

I'm surprised you fucktards are surprised the play calling still sucks.

I'm even more surprised anyone would even think Peterman is considering swapping out Jake for Jake.

Browning is here until he graduates or gets broken.

I'm not happy with the play calling, yet. But I think it's noticeably better than Smiffy's. The problems are magnified when guys aren't making blocks, executing plays, and being quick - which is not in Browning's bag, at all. Put a quick thinker in there, and there's no fumble in the Auburn Red Zone. And that's just one example.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

topdawgnc said:

I'm even more surprised anyone would even think Peterman is considering swapping out Jake for Jake.

I'm not happy with the play calling, yet. But I think it's noticeably better than Smiffy's. The problems are magnified when guys aren't making blocks, executing plays, and being quick - which is not in Browning's bag, at all. Put a quick thinker in there, and there's no fumble in the Auburn Red Zone. And that's just one example.
    How the hell can you possibly think the placalling is noticeably better?!? The only times our offense has looked competent this year was the hurry up at the end of the first half against Auburn and when Haener was in there. The rest has been indistinguishable from BabushkaFS.
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

whuggy said:

Tequilla said:

I hear the offense underperformed last year and have so far this year ...

What are the expectations?

Simple for me. Create an offense that gives your playmakers some room to operate. Pete's offense, IMO, does a terrible job at that. Also have an offense that's difficult to play against. It's just so fucking vanilla. James was pretty conservative but ran multiple counter shit. I don't know if I've ever seen any misdirection in watching 5 years of Petersen.
    Have we ever run a simple screen pass to a runningback to slow down a pass rush? It's always some swinging gate or some shit.
    Jake's arm isn't strong enough for screen passes.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

How the hell can you possibly think the placalling is noticeably better?!? The only times our offense has looked competent this year was the hurry up at the end of the first half against Auburn and when Haener was in there. The rest has been indistinguishable from BabushkaFS.
    UW isn't passing on first down every series, for starters. If that's not an obvious improvement from Smiff, I don't know what is.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Chew on that

Oregon's last three head coaching hires prove that Oregon has no expectations.
    Really? One of them won a playoff game and a trip to the title game. The next guy brought in a killer staff and changed the recruiting trajectory. Then he left after 1 year, fortunately. Now we've got a Saban understudy who is throttling the rest of the PAC on the recruiting trail, while showing a trend of slashing penalties so far, which has been Oregon's Achilles Heel during the tenure of the last two coaches. He's still LIPO, but he's showing early signs of having strong command of the program.

Your premise is a steaming pile of shit.

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Chew on that

Quooks hate facts.

Slingblade >>>>>> Pete

Doogs hate facts.
    You just doubled down on propping up Slingblade to support your point. Might be time to take a walk on the beach with your inflatable wife and gain some perspective.

Or kill yourself.

• Options
    Jack_CobraJack_Cobra Member Posts: 246
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Stadium will be empty by half time. Monte Cristo-Ballz Deep won't have any idea what hit him. Ghost of Helfrich returns. Herbies throws a pix six to BBK to end the game, final score 48-10.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

In the back of our minds, we've all been waiting for UW to have that crowning moment where they hook n ladder and statue of liberty their way to a huge win over a powerhouse opponent. I dont necessarily mean trick plays, but via big balls and gravitas.

That moment has yet to come. Into year five there have been no epic victories over a premier opponent. For four years now, the Huskies have been led by a noodle-armed sniveling QB to whose star Chris Fetters has now hitched his wagon.

The limp-wristed offensive game plan through two weeks is eroding hope that our new OC will be better than the idiot we suffered through the previous four years. Which goes to show, its Petersons offense. Just like how when Willingham changed defensive coordinators it made zero difference. That was Willingham's defense.

So if indeed Peterson left his balls in Boise, the question is why? What happened? Perhaps in Boise he felt like the constant underdog who had to take chances. But at UW, the resources are better and the stakes and expectations are higher, so he plays not to lose.

He's shown that he's aware of an issue on offense that is beyond his means to fix--- he wouldn't have brought in Tedford otherwise.

But even if he recognizes that benching the crybaby and bringing in Haener gives UW a higher ceiling, he won't do it. Pete's either too stubborn or too near sighted.

Don James was criticized several times for sticking with his QBs too long. But I guarantee that he would have zero patience with Browning's boneheaded turnovers and sideline pouting.

This season has 8-4 written all over it. Commentators like Yogi Roth will fawn over Jake into mid December, citing his assault on the UW record books.

But as much as they want to talk about Browning's legacy, there really is none to any discerning fan who has been paying attention.

Fuck.

Goddamn this poast made my day, Derek

GRAA

BWNEM
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Chew on that

Quooks hate facts.

Slingblade >>>>>> Pete

Doogs hate facts.

I wasnt aware of how these things worked. Im glad youre here to enlighten me
    His false equivalent scare is impressive and thorough.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If we? are down 21-0 at half does Peterman nut up and bench Brownsocks? That’s the big question, and will determine the future of our? program and Peterman’s legacy.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

If we? are down 21-0 at half does Peterman nut up and bench Brownsocks? That’s the big question, and will determine the future of our? program and Peterman’s legacy.

I would be shocked.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    Brownings limp wristed.