Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Peterson's shrinking balls a growing concern?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    whuggy said:

topdawgnc said:

Agree

Petersen should be fired for that explanation

Dumb it down and get a player in there

Simplicity wins.

Unless you're a coach who believes his own press clippings.
    Simplicity wins if you got Alabama, OSU, Georgia, USC, Clemson talent. Cmon man if you think we're beating that level of team with vanilla off tackle stuff then that's just FS. Yeah Pete needs to simplify things but also a little more creativity would go a long way with this offense. I'm not talking 15 trick plays a game but Jesus pay the money for a high quality OC and let him do his thing. Until Pete lets go of his stranglehold on the offense this program will always bump the glass ceiling.
    So much wrong with this post. Offenses can be extremely simple in design, but appear very complex to the opponent. And simple offenses doesn't have to be bland.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

Tequilla said:

I hear the offense underperformed last year and have so far this year ...

What are the expectations?

Simple for me. Create an offense that gives your playmakers some room to operate. Pete's offense, IMO, does a terrible job at that. Also have an offense that's difficult to play against. It's just so fucking vanilla. James was pretty conservative but ran multiple counter shit. I don't know if I've ever seen any misdirection in watching 5 years of Petersen.
    You've just proven that you have no idea what you are watching.

That isn't a defense of the Petersen offense, but it isn't lacking in misdirection.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

topdawgnc said:

Tequilla said:

I hear the offense underperformed last year and have so far this year ...

What are the expectations?

Maybe score in the red zone ...

I don't know...

Call me crazy.
    I was coached, red zone scoring was all about heart and desire to beat the man across from you. Has that changed?
    North Dakota had heart and desire. They still weren't gonna score in the red zone with their vanilla shit. And we aint
    gonna produce in the red zone either against the big boys running vanilla shit. Become a top five recruiter and equalize the talent you're going against then it's a different conversation. Until then spend some money on a real OC and let Petersen be the full time CEO.
    You make very good points. I think it all goes hand in hand. You can have the best schemes in the world, but if you get blown up by the guy across from you it is all for not. What I came away from in the Auburn game, they wanted it more.
    I'm just saying the large majority of the time talent wins. I get a kick out of some on here who think my idea of creativity is QB draws and options with someone who can't run. But that's pretty much HH. All black and white, no middle ground for sensibility. I'm gonna stick by my basic point that until Pete loosens up his reins on this offense this team will never reach it's potential. I'm all about Pete but he had his flaws specifically holding onto underperforming asst. coaches for too long and not dedicating more resources to a serious upgrade at OC.
    This, on the other hand, is a very good post.

You're strange.