Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Peterson's shrinking balls a growing concern?

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

topdawgnc said:

Tequilla said:

I hear the offense underperformed last year and have so far this year ...

What are the expectations?

Maybe score in the red zone ...

I don't know...

Call me crazy.
    I was coached, red zone scoring was all about heart and desire to beat the man across from you. Has that changed?
    North Dakota had heart and desire. They still weren't gonna score in the red zone with their vanilla shit. And we aint
    gonna produce in the red zone either against the big boys running vanilla shit. Become a top five recruiter and equalize the talent you're going against then it's a different conversation. Until then spend some money on a real OC and let Petersen be the full time CEO.
  • Options
    GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    whuggy said:

topdawgnc said:

Tequilla said:

I don't know...

Call me crazy.
    I was coached, red zone scoring was all about heart and desire to beat the man across from you. Has that changed?
    North Dakota had heart and desire. They still weren't gonna score in the red zone with their vanilla shit. And we aint
    gonna produce in the red zone either against the big boys running vanilla shit. Become a top five recruiter and equalize the talent you're going against then it's a different conversation. Until then spend some money on a real OC and let Petersen be the full time CEO.
    You make very good points. I think it all goes hand in hand. You can have the best schemes in the world, but if you get blown up by the guy across from you it is all for not. What I came away from in the Auburn game, they wanted it more.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited September 2018

whuggy said:

topdawgnc said:

Tequilla said:

I don't know...

Call me crazy.
    You make very good points. I think it all goes hand in hand. You can have the best schemes in the world, but if you get blown up by the guy across from you it is all for not. What I came away from in the Auburn game, they wanted it more. didnt call a speed option or qb draw in the redzone, or rely on a poor to mediocre QB they havent developed in 4 years to win the game
    FTFY

• Options
    haie said:

Honestly I think it's the defense this season that has a better chance of letting us down than Jake and the offense. lack of pass rush and ZERO play making ability in the front 7 is very concerning. No picks by our DBs in two games doesn't look good either.

They've given up 21 and 3 points in the first 2 games. Even with a weak lb core they're looking poised to at least do their part the rest of the season even if they aren't as dominant.

The offense is scoring 16 points and getting stonewalled in the red zone with what looks like a talented receiving core, breakout skill player in Ahmed and a near dominant possession receiver in Jones.

The script is playing out so close to 2017 it makes me want to jump off the Steel Bridge
    You're right, and the 2017 team I would argue was bailed out by the defense. I don't see that happening as much or as easily this year. Don't get me wrong, our offense sucks ass too.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

What if Petersen came to Washington specifically because he doesn't have balls and knew this was a D 1 payday where no one actually gives a shit about winning big?

Chew on that

He didn't want the Oregon job because there would be expectations.

That's an interesting poont.
    So Cristoball should be gone after going for less than 10 wins this year with a soft as charmin schedule then right?
    Not what I was saying at all and Oregon was a different program in 2012 than it was in 2017. Slingblade shit all over the mattress.

What I am saying is Oregon was coming off of three conference titles in four years, NC game, multi BCS games, and had a sure fire playoff roster when Petersen was offered the job and said no because he didn't want to have to live up to the expectations.

Then a few years later he takes over a UW program that hasn't won in ages and the fan base had mostly lost interest.

If Cristobal isn't pushing for the playoffs in November of his fifth year the fan base is going to be fucking livid. UW's fan base isn't going to really care because there has only been one good season in the last 20.

Race has a point. Peterman turned down the Ferrari for a Toyota Camry.
    Does being this naive cause you physical pain? askin for a friend.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

What if Petersen came to Washington specifically because he doesn't have balls and knew this was a D 1 payday where no one actually gives a shit about winning big?

Chew on that

So Cristoball should be gone after going for less than 10 wins this year with a soft as charmin schedule then right?
    Not what I was saying at all and Oregon was a different program in 2012 than it was in 2017. Slingblade shit all over the mattress.

What I am saying is Oregon was coming off of three conference titles in four years, NC game, multi BCS games, and had a sure fire playoff roster when Petersen was offered the job and said no because he didn't want to have to live up to the expectations.

Then a few years later he takes over a UW program that hasn't won in ages and the fan base had mostly lost interest.

If Cristobal isn't pushing for the playoffs in November of his fifth year the fan base is going to be fucking livid. UW's fan base isn't going to really care because there has only been one good season in the last 20.

Does being this naive cause you physical pain? askin for a friend.
    About as much as thinking a 9 win team was going to make the fucking playoffs.

You're legitimately worried about Utah and people are still talking about Clemson. Funny folks you Doogs are.
  • Options
    GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    Houhusky said:

whuggy said:

topdawgnc said:

Tequilla said:

I don't know...

Call me crazy.
    You make very good points. I think it all goes hand in hand. You can have the best schemes in the world, but if you get blown up by the guy across from you it is all for not. What I came away from in the Auburn game, they wanted it more. didnt call a speed option or qb draw in the redzone, or rely on a poor to mediocre QB they havent developed in 4 years to win the game
    FTFY

Eat me
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

topdawgnc said:

Tequilla said:

I don't know...

Call me crazy.
    You make very good points. I think it all goes hand in hand. You can have the best schemes in the world, but if you get blown up by the guy across from you it is all for not. What I came away from in the Auburn game, they wanted it more.
    I'm just saying the large majority of the time talent wins. I get a kick out of some on here who think my idea of creativity is QB draws and options with someone who can't run. But that's pretty much HH. All black and white, no middle ground for sensibility. I'm gonna stick by my basic point that until Pete loosens up his reins on this offense this team will never reach it's potential. I'm all about Pete but he had his flaws specifically holding onto underperforming asst. coaches for too long and not dedicating more resources to a serious upgrade at OC.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited September 2018

Mosster47 said:

Chew on that

Oregon's last three head coaching hires prove that Oregon has no expectations.
    Really? One of them won a playoff game and a trip to the title game. The next guy brought in a killer staff and changed the recruiting trajectory. Then he left after 1 year, fortunately. Now we've got a Saban understudy who is throttling the rest of the PAC on the recruiting trail, while showing a trend of slashing penalties so far, which has been Oregon's Achilles Heel during the tenure of the last two coaches. He's still LIPO, but he's showing early signs of having strong command of the program.

Your premise is a steaming pile of shit.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Mosster47 said:

Chew on that

Really? One of them won a playoff game and a trip to the title game. The next guy brought in a killer staff and upped the recruiting game big time. Then he left after 1 year, fortunately. Now we've got a Saban understudy who is throttling the rest of the PAC on the recruiting trail, while showing a strong trend of slashing penalties so far, which has been Oregon's Achilles Heel during the tenure of the last two coaches.

Beat Oregon state. Nothing else matters
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Chew on that

Really? One of them won a playoff game and a trip to the title game. The next guy brought in a killer staff and upped the recruiting game big time. Then he left after 1 year, fortunately. Now we've got a Saban understudy who is throttling the rest of the PAC on the recruiting trail, while showing a strong trend of slashing penalties so far, which has been Oregon's Achilles Heel during the tenure of the last two coaches.

Beat Oregon state. Nothing else matters
    Beat Black Sark Sumlin. Nothing else will matter by the end of the season for ASU.
  • Options

Let's lose to Utah before we start with the bi-polar meltdowns.

Still frightened of big bad Utah after the IMPRESSIVE performance they turned in last week?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Chew on that

The fan base will be livid in year 2 or 3 if Cristobal isn't pushing for the playoffs isn't IN the playoffs in year two or three.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,933
    Swaye's Wigwam

Let's lose to Utah before we start with the bi-polar meltdowns.

Still frightened of big bad Utah after the IMPRESSIVE performance they turned in last week?
    I was frightened of @Utah before the season started. That's a tough out for any Pac team in most years.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    whuggy said:

Tequilla said:

Simple for me. Create an offense that gives your playmakers some room to operate. Pete's offense, IMO, does a terrible job at that. Also have an offense that's difficult to play against. It's just so fucking vanilla. James was pretty conservative but ran multiple counter shit. I don't know if I've ever seen any misdirection in watching 5 years of Petersen.
    Have we ever run a simple screen pass to a runningback to slow down a pass rush? It's always some swinging gate or some shit.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Chew on that

Pete made the playoffs his third year. Giving Cristobal 5 hardly shows tuffer expectations

Oregon is a piece of shit not a Ferrari. Hope this helps
    Cute, but you know that isn't true. If you lose in Eugene this year you've already lost the war again.
    It’s 100% true Pete made the playoffs in his third year.

Quooks hate facts.
    Helfrich won a playoff game in his second year.

Slingblade >>>>>> Pete

Doogs hate facts.
  • Options
    Jack_CobraJack_Cobra Member Posts: 246
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Oregon actually won a playoff game. Checkmate doogs.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,933
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Chew on that

Pete made the playoffs his third year. Giving Cristobal 5 hardly shows tuffer expectations

Oregon is a piece of shit not a Ferrari. Hope this helps
    Cute, but you know that isn't true. If you lose in Eugene this year you've already lost the war again.
    It’s 100% true Pete made the playoffs in his third year.

Quooks hate facts.
    Helfrich won a playoff game in his second year.

Slingblade >>>>>> Pete

Doogs hate facts.
    This is the dumbest poast in the history of this website.