Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

In California, Democrats propose free universal health care for all

124»

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2018
    2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

It's almost like America could have used that extra $65B on something other than defense which is already a couple hundred billion too much.

Why do you think the Federal government should pay for people’s healthcare?

Because we can afford it with the grotesque waste in defense.
    I don't agree with Monster much but check the stats on that. We spend double what's needed to ensure reasonable safety.
    Way more than that. This is the area I work in now for the DoD. We have cancelled acquisition contracts that have gotten us absolutely nothing over the last 20 years that would have payed for everyone's health care for 400 years.

Security, infrastructure, education, and healthcare. The government should handle those four categories and that's about it. When you spend more on defense than the next 25 countries combined either get to taking over the world or stand down.
    Hey shithead, this is what we call a false equivalence. "Oh well, we spend that much on defense, der der" No shit, some of us would like to see the defense budget slashed too. Fucking christ, so government incompetence and waste in one sector justifies them taking over another sector? HondoFS from MoosterFS
    I didn't hear you bitching earlier this year when Trump and Republicans added $80 billion to defense spending for no reason. For perspective. That's more than we spend on food stamps every year.
    I haven't moved. Let me explain it to you. I am willing to cringe and put up with a highly inefficient government run industry in the case of defense bc there are heavy negative externalities to having a private sector military i.e. it's called a military coup

Further, you still aren't making a valid argument for government run healthcare by pointing out highly inefficient government waste and ineptitude.

The entire argument for government run healthcare rests on a false belief that it will be more efficient than the private sector at delivering a service. Pointing out how inefficient and wasteful the DOD is is a counter-argument to the entire concept of the government being able to run healthcare more efficiently than the free market.
    You miss several concepts. The primary one being that yes there is waste in government. There is also waste in private businesses. Anyone who has worked for a large business knows this. There is also a profit at insurance companies.

I'm type this slowly so you can understand. Do your want a for profit business making your health decisions or a wasteful government?
    We already have government run healthcare, it's called the VA. Now would you prefer to go to your choice of a private for profit hospital or would you prefer the VA?
    Medicare for all dumbfuck. Who is talking about VA for all?
    The VA is the best example of Government run Healthcare that we have. And the quality and timeliness of delivering that care is about a 3 on a 10 scale.
    What is Medicare?
    You don’t have to be 65 to qualify for VA benefits. So it’s a better example.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

It's almost like America could have used that extra $65B on something other than defense which is already a couple hundred billion too much.

I don't agree with Monster much but check the stats on that. We spend double what's needed to ensure reasonable safety.
    Way more than that. This is the area I work in now for the DoD. We have cancelled acquisition contracts that have gotten us absolutely nothing over the last 20 years that would have payed for everyone's health care for 400 years.

Security, infrastructure, education, and healthcare. The government should handle those four categories and that's about it. When you spend more on defense than the next 25 countries combined either get to taking over the world or stand down.
    Hey shithead, this is what we call a false equivalence. "Oh well, we spend that much on defense, der der" No shit, some of us would like to see the defense budget slashed too. Fucking christ, so government incompetence and waste in one sector justifies them taking over another sector? HondoFS from MoosterFS
    I didn't hear you bitching earlier this year when Trump and Republicans added $80 billion to defense spending for no reason. For perspective. That's more than we spend on food stamps every year.
    I haven't moved. Let me explain it to you. I am willing to cringe and put up with a highly inefficient government run industry in the case of defense bc there are heavy negative externalities to having a private sector military i.e. it's called a military coup

Further, you still aren't making a valid argument for government run healthcare by pointing out highly inefficient government waste and ineptitude.

The entire argument for government run healthcare rests on a false belief that it will be more efficient than the private sector at delivering a service. Pointing out how inefficient and wasteful the DOD is is a counter-argument to the entire concept of the government being able to run healthcare more efficiently than the free market.
    You miss several concepts. The primary one being that yes there is waste in government. There is also waste in private businesses. Anyone who has worked for a large business knows this. There is also a profit at insurance companies.

I'm type this slowly so you can understand. Do your want a for profit business making your health decisions or a wasteful government?
    We already have government run healthcare, it's called the VA. Now would you prefer to go to your choice of a private for profit hospital or would you prefer the VA?
    The VA is the best example of Government run Healthcare that we have. And the quality and timeliness of delivering that care is about a 3 on a 10 scale.
    What is Medicare?

No. It's not. No one is saying VA for all.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

What is Medicare?

I love how this dumbfuck thinks he has some kind of killer response here
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

What is Medicare?

I love how this dumbfuck thinks he has some kind of killer response here
    I love how you think VA for all is meaningful.