Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

In California, Democrats propose free universal health care for all

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Mosster47 said:

It's almost like America could have used that extra $65B on something other than defense which is already a couple hundred billion too much.

Why do you think the Federal government should pay for people’s healthcare?

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,686
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

The projected costs (by the idiots pushing this crap) is far greater than Kalifornia's total budget and would require every Kali tax payer, of which there are fewer and fewer, to pony up 10K additional dollars per year. Since we know how these estimates go it would probably be double that. Now that's just the tax payers. The freeloading millions of illegals and welfare recipients will still pay zero but get full coverage. Ain't being a resident of Kalifornistan a great privilege? I understand that anyone gets treatment regardless so that would seem to create a huge influx of sick people from other states just for the treatment aspect. Much higher costs if true.

How much do they already pay in health insurance? You say $10k but most already pay more than that. Or their employer does. Nice rant tho.
    The initial estimate is 400 billion. The states total budget is 265 billion. We all know how progressives (commies) "estimate". Probably cost double. Hell the train to nowhere is over 100 billion now and climbing.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sounds like California is getting the government they deserve.

Trust me, I don't deserve this.
    Unfortunately a lot of people who don't deserve it are about to get it rammed down their throats. Progressives. They're in charge of that state and this is what they do. California went completely HondoFS voting in the moron Moonbeam .... again, and again. Gavin Newsom reads a mean teleprompter, is on deck to outmoonbeam Moonbeam and it would be a shock if he doesn't win the general. Sorry man, but you might as well resign yourself. #BOHICA.
    I am sure @SFGbob deserves it. Go ahead and ram it down his throat whenever you want.

You’ve made it clear you’re too poor to live in California. Sounds like you really like the south; fits your income. You’ll catch up someday.
    Was that in the thread where you made it clear you prefer having sex with children?
    What's up with your pedophilia obsession? That's some dark shit man.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

The projected costs (by the idiots pushing this crap) is far greater than Kalifornia's total budget and would require every Kali tax payer, of which there are fewer and fewer, to pony up 10K additional dollars per year. Since we know how these estimates go it would probably be double that. Now that's just the tax payers. The freeloading millions of illegals and welfare recipients will still pay zero but get full coverage. Ain't being a resident of Kalifornistan a great privilege? I understand that anyone gets treatment regardless so that would seem to create a huge influx of sick people from other states just for the treatment aspect. Much higher costs if true.

How much do they already pay in health insurance? You say $10k but most already pay more than that. Or their employer does. Nice rant tho.
    The initial estimate is 400 billion. The states total budget is 265 billion. We all know how progressives (commies) "estimate". Probably cost double. Hell the train to nowhere is over 100 billion now and climbing.

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Unfortunately a lot of people who don't deserve it are about to get it rammed down their throats. Progressives. They're in charge of that state and this is what they do. California went completely HondoFS voting in the moron Moonbeam .... again, and again. Gavin Newsom reads a mean teleprompter, is on deck to outmoonbeam Moonbeam and it would be a shock if he doesn't win the general. Sorry man, but you might as well resign yourself. #BOHICA.
    I am sure @SFGbob deserves it. Go ahead and ram it down his throat whenever you want.

You’ve made it clear you’re too poor to live in California. Sounds like you really like the south; fits your income. You’ll catch up someday.
    Was that in the thread where you made it clear you prefer having sex with children?
    No.
    Coast is clear @Southerndawg
    Bob is ready for you to ram it down his throat.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

What's up with your pedophilia obsession? That's some dark shit man.
    What’s with you obsession for running cover for lying sacks of crap? Could it be that you’re a lying sack of crap?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Twitter voting?

Stay on topic Cheeseburger!
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

It's almost like America could have used that extra $65B on something other than defense which is already a couple hundred billion too much.

Because we can afford it with the grotesque waste in defense.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

Does your house have locks? You could have saved money.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

We can “afford” all kinds of things, I think I should have a house at the beach. Should the Federal government pay for it?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,812
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

I don't agree with Monster much but check the stats on that. We spend double what's needed to ensure reasonable safety.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,799
    SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

We can “afford” all kinds of things, I think I should have a house at the beach. Should the Federal government pay for it?
    There’s plenty of beach houses funded by the feds.

Rainier Beach.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

I don't agree with Monster much but check the stats on that. We spend double what's needed to ensure reasonable safety.
    Way more than that. This is the area I work in now for the DoD. We have cancelled acquisition contracts that have gotten us absolutely nothing over the last 20 years that would have payed for everyone's health care for 400 years.

Security, infrastructure, education, and healthcare. The government should handle those four categories and that's about it. When you spend more on defense than the next 25 countries combined either get to taking over the world or stand down.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

Way more than that. This is the area I work in now for the DoD. We have cancelled acquisition contracts that have gotten us absolutely nothing over the last 20 years that would have payed for everyone's health care for 400 years.

Security, infrastructure, education, and healthcare. The government should handle those four categories and that's about it. When you spend more on defense than the next 25 countries combined either get to taking over the world or stand down.
    Hey shithead, this is what we call a false equivalence. "Oh well, we spend that much on defense, der der" No shit, some of us would like to see the defense budget slashed too. Fucking christ, so government incompetence and waste in one sector justifies them taking over another sector? HondoFS from MoosterFS
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

Hey shithead, this is what we call a false equivalence. "Oh well, we spend that much on defense, der der" No shit, some of us would like to see the defense budget slashed too. Fucking christ, so government incompetence and waste in one sector justifies them taking over another sector? HondoFS from MoosterFS
    I didn't hear you bitching earlier this year when Trump and Republicans added $80 billion to defense spending for no reason. For perspective. That's more than we spend on food stamps every year.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

I didn't hear you bitching earlier this year when Trump and Republicans added $80 billion to defense spending for no reason. For perspective. That's more than we spend on food stamps every year.
    Great, we shouldn't be spending anything on Food Stamps. National Defense is actually an area what the Federal Government has the Constitutional authority to provide for. Food Stamps not so fucking much.

If you want to talk about waste and inefficient spending in the defense budget that you'd like to cut I'm all ears but if you're crying about not spending as much on grandma's hip replacement and Food stamps as we do with National Defense fuck ya.

We didn't create a Federal Government and give it the power it has over us in order protect us for the certainties of life. You will get old, you will get sick and you will die. Pay for your own fucking healthcare and retirement and right now that is fast what our Federal Government is turning into, and retirement and health insurance program with a military.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

Great, we shouldn't be spending anything on Food Stamps. National Defense is actually an area what the Federal Government has the Constitutional authority to provide for. Food Stamps not so fucking much.

If you want to talk about waste and inefficient spending in the defense budget that you'd like to cut I'm all ears but if you're crying about not spending as much on grandma's hip replacement and Food stamps as we do with National Defense fuck ya.

We didn't create a Federal Government and give it the power it has over us in order protect us for the certainties of life. You will get old, you will get sick and you will die. Pay for your own fucking healthcare and retirement and right now that is fast what our Federal Government is turning into, and retirement and health insurance program with a military.
    Wut?

GENERAL WELFARE CLAUSE. Article I, section 8 of the U. S. Constitution grants Congress the power to "lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts, and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common defense and general Welfare of the United States."
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

Agree 100% The only moral and legitimate authority of the federal government is mutual defense (and a common currency that supports that effort.)

As for the remaining bureaucratic and useless edifice of the federal government: it should be abolished immediately.

Departments of education, energy, environment, state, homeland security? All egregious infringements on liberty, states rights and the Constitution.

Under the Constitution, power resides with the people and the states.

Eureka!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

Wut?

GENERAL WELFARE CLAUSE. Article I, section 8 of the U. S. Constitution grants Congress the power to "lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts, and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common defense and general Welfare of the United States."
    The "General Welfare" was seen as building roads and canals not paying for people health care. Or do you think "General Welfare" referred to Food Stamps and Section 8 vouchers because they used the word "Welfare."

Btw, how does paying for grandma's hip replacement provide for the "General" Welfare? Great benefit for grandma, not so much to everyone else.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

SFGbob said:

Mosster47 said:

Wut?

The "General Welfare" was seen as building roads and canals not paying for people health care. Or do you think "General Welfare" referred to Food Stamps and Section 8 vouchers because they used the word "Welfare."

Btw, how does paying for grandma's hip replacement provide for the "General" Welfare? Great benefit for grandma, not so much to everyone else.
    You are a standard big government “conservative.” I’m sure you support fiscal responsibility too.