Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Locker, Price or Browning

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2018
    Fucking locker you goofs.

Because he would have opened up the defense like a hooker's legs and it would be playing football downhill from there.

He would have benefitted from the Peterman discipline. He would have been awesome.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I stand with Pup on this one. I’m picking my boy Jake all day. Us history majors stick together

History majors dont make the kind of glue puppy makes. See Tommy, Pup hung with capitalist, wealth driven Business-economics majors in the classroom
    Jake and I are close friends, actually. And we’re both wealthier than you. By a LOT.
    Browning got big coffee cups at UW?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I stand with Pup on this one. I’m picking my boy Jake all day. Us history majors stick together

History majors dont make the kind of glue puppy makes. See Tommy, Pup hung with capitalist, wealth driven Business-economics majors in the classroom
    Jake and I are close friends, actually. And we’re both wealthier than you. By a LOT.
    Browning got big coffee cups at UW?
    Wrong Jake. I’m NOT friends with that looser.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Price was a decent college qb, and good passer. Ok? But a lot of his big throws were "throwbacks" against pursuit. He really wasnt great at going through all of his progressions and making throws. Was he more accurate than browning? not necessarily. Did he have a stronger arm? Not close! Did he hang in pocket longer? No! Did he make better decisions? No! Did he win more games? No! In what way was he a "better' college qb? I'll agree with you if you say anything to change my mind
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2018
    for sec i thought pummpy got mod privileges caz he was chinning his own posts
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,683
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Price was a decent college qb, and good passer. Ok? But a lot of his big throws were "throwbacks" against pursuit. He really wasnt great at going through all of his progressions and making throws. Was he more accurate than browning? not necessarily. Did he have a stronger arm? Not close! Did he hang in pocket longer? No! Did he make better decisions? No! Did he win more games? No! In what way was he a "better' college qb? I'll agree with you if you say anything to change my mind

Just agree to disagree. You're right about one thing though. Way too many hypotheticals in play and the debate is silly because of it.

It's also silly because I'm right. Price was a gamer, had an under rated arm (way better than cobra), went through progressions and hung in the pocket like a trooper. He definitely regressed o er time and with wear and tear. I'll grant that. He was pathetic at the end of the come back loss at Pullman.
  • Options
    chuck said:

Just agree to disagree. You're right about one thing though. Way too many hypotheticals in play and the debate is silly because of it.

It's also silly because I'm right. Price was a gamer, had an under rated arm (way better than cobra), went through progressions and hung in the pocket like a trooper. He definitely regressed o er time and with wear and tear. I'll grant that. He was pathetic at the end of the come back loss at Pullman.
    No im not wrong, Price wasnt better than Locker in any way. Sheesh and again, just tell me which way?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,683
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

No im not wrong, Price wasnt better than Locker in any way. Sheesh and again, just tell me which way?
    Reading defenses, anticipating openings, throwing a catchable ball into said openings, going through progressions, throwing the ball away when appropriate...I could go on. Basically everything aside from running and throwing the ball hard to nobody.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,642
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Fuck u pup
    Get off the meds
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Pete values three things above all else at QB: accuracy, reading the defense and grasping the offense. I’m not sure Price could have started for Pete but I’m damn sure Locker never would have.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

for sec i thought pummpy got mod privileges caz he was chinning his own posts

I see what you did there.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

And Chuck, Price held UW passing records behind this "shit" Cozz line u speak of. Price was very g

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Price in a heartbeat.

Price was too slow to get out of the pocket to throw it OB. At least brown can do that. Locker would be only fucking prayer to beat Auburn. Not even close dipshits
    Yeah Locker's performances against the only top shelf defense he ever faced would give me confidence in him going against Auburn. Fuck dude weren't you watching?

Price played the same gutsy style every snap and shredded defenses when he had time..sometimes when he didn't have time. He saw things on the field that Locker would never understand and Cobra would need film room equipment to grasp (but could never apply in the heat if the moment).

Price would put up huge numbers behind this line and be a legit Heisman contender. He was 10x the passer and 100x better leader on the field than either Jake.
    Price WOULDNT have time vs Auburn chucky, that's the point. He'd be worse than browning. Locker could burn Auburn inside or outside Pocket, and give UW it's only chance offensively vs that DL. Again, a silly thread.
    Price vs Auburn behind this line would look similar to Price vs pretty much everyone he ever faced with the shit lines Cozzetto oriduced. That's the point Pump. He was used to being harrassed and pummeled to shit, and played through it at a level we all dreamed of for Locker but never saw. Did price ever go 4-20?
    One went #8 in the draft, the other not even a FA offer. Just STFU Chuck, you lost the debate...now move on to something you have a clue about
    The topic is college quarterbacking, not perceived NFL potential based on physical traits. Price was in a different universe than locker as a pocket passer. Locker was a shit pick at #8. He was a shit pick before day three. History is on my side. Stats are on my side. Unbiased observation is on my side.
    Chuck, please...Locker was to be drafted #1 overall as a jr BECAUSE of his ability as a pocket passer...with speed to get out of trouble. Price wasn't as good as Jake, in any 1 area as a college QB, so no, he wasnt a better college qb either.
    Embarrassing. Can I have my avatar back now?
  • Options

Fuck u pup
    Get off the meds

U sure got me there
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

And Chuck, Price held UW passing records behind this "shit" Cozz line u speak of. Price was very g

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Price in a heartbeat.

Price was too slow to get out of the pocket to throw it OB. At least brown can do that. Locker would be only fucking prayer to beat Auburn. Not even close dipshits
    Yeah Locker's performances against the only top shelf defense he ever faced would give me confidence in him going against Auburn. Fuck dude weren't you watching?

Price played the same gutsy style every snap and shredded defenses when he had time..sometimes when he didn't have time. He saw things on the field that Locker would never understand and Cobra would need film room equipment to grasp (but could never apply in the heat if the moment).

Price would put up huge numbers behind this line and be a legit Heisman contender. He was 10x the passer and 100x better leader on the field than either Jake.
    Price WOULDNT have time vs Auburn chucky, that's the point. He'd be worse than browning. Locker could burn Auburn inside or outside Pocket, and give UW it's only chance offensively vs that DL. Again, a silly thread.
    Price vs Auburn behind this line would look similar to Price vs pretty much everyone he ever faced with the shit lines Cozzetto oriduced. That's the point Pump. He was used to being harrassed and pummeled to shit, and played through it at a level we all dreamed of for Locker but never saw. Did price ever go 4-20?
    One went #8 in the draft, the other not even a FA offer. Just STFU Chuck, you lost the debate...now move on to something you have a clue about
    The topic is college quarterbacking, not perceived NFL potential based on physical traits. Price was in a different universe than locker as a pocket passer. Locker was a shit pick at #8. He was a shit pick before day three. History is on my side. Stats are on my side. Unbiased observation is on my side.
    Chuck, please...Locker was to be drafted #1 overall as a jr BECAUSE of his ability as a pocket passer...with speed to get out of trouble. Price wasn't as good as Jake, in any 1 area as a college QB, so no, he wasnt a better college qb either.
    Embarrassing. Can I have my avatar back now?
    Can u supply an answer 1st?
  • Options
    dnc said:

Pete values three things above all else at QB: accuracy, reading the defense and grasping the offense. I’m not sure Price could have started for Pete but I’m damn sure Locker never would have.

Its 1 thing to be ignorant, yet worse to be ignorant about ones' ignorance and even worse yet be purposefully stubborn about both. Sark would have started Jake over price (he did), Pete would have started Jake over Price, as would every last coach in the cuntry.
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    11' Price is the only correct answer, glad to see it repeated.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

chuck said:

chuck said:

Price in a heartbeat.

That's because natural ability and athleticism is like crack to NFL coaches. It's like guysm with a sub 4.3 40 tim who didn't really do shit in college ... they still get drafted in complete disproportion to their achievements.

Doesn't mean shit.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Pete is a system QB guy, not a "let it rip" coach.

Price would be perfect for Pete right now.

Lockner would miss the easy passes like he always did and it would drive Pete crazy, which would make him crawl up Jack's ass, which would make Jack resort even more to panic and instinct and broken play QB'ing, and eventually lead to his benching.

There have been other physically-gifted QBs (although admittedly none like Lockner) who played under Pete who didn't play. Accuracy was the problem. Playing well in the system was the problem. Not the ability to throw it 80 yards from a knee.

Price and it's not close.

Price

Locker isn't getting any smarter regardless of the coach

Brevity my man
    Ok!!!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Price. He was the perfect example of a good QB getting fucked by Sark regression.

Wonder what he could have been if he got decent coaching and decent OL play