Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

CIA Admits Spying on Senate Staffers

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

pawz said:

This is pretty fucked up. Spying on domestic soil is the NSA’s job!!!

Are any of you really naive enough to think this is an isolated incident though? Our privacy rights are gone and owning millions of guns didn’t stop them from doing it.

That's not a good reason to then abdicate the right either.
    Of course not. But it certainly puts a damper on the argument that guns protect our rights. I own guns. I’m generally in support of the 2A and responsible ownership. But we have a sick gun culture in this country. But anyways...

Some conservatives love to bitch about the government, and yet they want to execute whistle blowers that expose the shit they do wrong. You can blame Obama for not rolling it back (I do), but it was a conservative government that gave us the Patriot Act. I don’t remember any of you saying a peep back then. And I certainly don’t see Trump reigning it in. If Obama gets blame for leaving it in place, so does Trump, and every leader to follow until it changes.

Generally? There is no middle ground on the 2nd amendment. You're either for it or against it.
    I’m for it. I’m just embarrassed by the vocal minority gun people that think it’s a toy or a prop. I also believe that stricter rules would not infringe on our rights.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

pawz said:

Are any of you really naive enough to think this is an isolated incident though? Our privacy rights are gone and owning millions of guns didn’t stop them from doing it.

Of course not. But it certainly puts a damper on the argument that guns protect our rights. I own guns. I’m generally in support of the 2A and responsible ownership. But we have a sick gun culture in this country. But anyways...

Some conservatives love to bitch about the government, and yet they want to execute whistle blowers that expose the shit they do wrong. You can blame Obama for not rolling it back (I do), but it was a conservative government that gave us the Patriot Act. I don’t remember any of you saying a peep back then. And I certainly don’t see Trump reigning it in. If Obama gets blame for leaving it in place, so does Trump, and every leader to follow until it changes.

Generally? There is no middle ground on the 2nd amendment. You're either for it or against it.
    I’m for it. I’m just embarrassed by the vocal minority gun people that think it’s a toy or a prop. I also believe that stricter rules would not infringe on our rights.
    OBK doesn't understand what you just said.
  • Options

pawz said:
    Seattle Times headline today tells a different story, acting like Trump is unhinged on this issue
    So you are saying you just read the headline.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

This is 100% true
  • Options
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

Wtf does owning guns have to do with this?
    This is also 100% true
  • Options
    Founders Club

I'm hearing that Trump revoking the security status of Brennen, Clapper, and Comey and the rest is a threat to America

All those guys would still be pieces of shit if Trump was never born

Why the fuck do you get to keep your clearance after the job anyway? When I got shitcanned from Toys R Us my email was shut off within 30 mins.
    I wonder if @Swaye was allowed to keep his Jiffy Lube email?
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

OBK doesn't understand what you just said.
    Nuance is not OBKs wheelhouse
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,653

pawz said:

I'm guessing you think free speech should have more controls.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

pawz said:

I'm guessing you think free speech should have more controls.
    Nah. I wouldn’t even want you to shut up.
  • Options
    Did anyone realize this is from 2014? I am glad that pawz and Derek stand with Diane Feinstein. It's a good look.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2018
    2001400ex said:

Did anyone realize this is from 2014? I am glad that pawz and Derek stand with Diane Feinstein. It's a good look.

Was it the 2014 in the link itself that gave it away for you? Speed limit IQ...

Hey look...HondoFS still hasn’t paid up. BIG surprise...wonder if it’s because the patties aren’t flipping themselves or the partner(?) won’t let him spend the $$$.

Can I sponsor your donation to HH for the year? Would be worth it as long as I get to add a disclaimer of my choosing to every one of your poasts...
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #aclockworkshill doesn't want to admit it's still relevant
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

The 2A crowd insists that guns safeguard our rights. The fact that we have plenty of guns and no privacy rights from our own government spy agencies says otherwise.
    There you go again Tommy, reaching like a fucking Hondo.
    Ok, so you’re content with the current state of privacy rights in today’s America?
    No.
  • Options
    pawz said:

It's only relevant to idiots, like you, who can't respond to anything about Trump without bringing up Obama or Hillary.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

The 2A crowd insists that guns safeguard our rights. The fact that we have plenty of guns and no privacy rights from our own government spy agencies says otherwise.
    There you go again Tommy, reaching like a fucking Hondo.
    Ok, so you’re content with the current state of privacy rights in today’s America?
    No.
    I didn’t think so.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

It's only relevant to idiots, like you, who can't respond to anything about Trump without bringing up Obama or Hillary.
    You keep saying this, like it’s somehow inconceivable to compare the current President to the previous president (or against his defeated opponent); that’s a classic red herring. When Trump is getting backlash for something that happened during Obama’s presidency, it’s a relevant discussion point.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,578
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

You keep saying this, like it’s somehow inconceivable to compare the current President to the previous president (or against his defeated opponent); that’s a classic red herring. When Trump is getting backlash for something that happened during Obama’s presidency, it’s a relevant discussion point.
    And every time Trump does something crazy it's a direct reflection on Hillary because only could someone as shitty as her lead to a reality TV guy being the president.
  • Options

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

And every time Trump does something crazy it's a direct reflection on Hillary because only could someone as shitty as her lead to a reality TV guy being the president.
    So Sark being 7 win Steve is a direct reflection on Ty. That's some FS Kim Grinolds shit right there.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

No you aren't comparing shit. When Trump does something stupid. Your news source researches the shit out of it to find something Obama did that was maybe similar. To justify Trump's actions. Remember all the shit your news source gave Obama for blaming Bush? It was FS then and it's FS now. Defend Trump's actions on their own.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hondo's embittered love affair with Hillary is the best part of this bored