Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"Punching Up" in California and New Mexico

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,578
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2018

2001400ex said:

"Most come in legally" might be the dumbest of all the lefts arguments.

Okay if 60 percent come in and overstay their visas, but we stop majority of the other 40 percent.....

Then that makes a huge fucking difference!!

"Most come in legally! What's the point of even trying to stop anyone at all!"

If you think building a wall will stop the other 40%, you are FS. You clearly have never been down by the border.
    It makes it far far more difficult. Therefore allowing us to focus on the narrower scope of ways they can actually get in

Honestly if this weren't a bizarre political thing no one would disagree with it.

It's fucking absurd the lengths the left are going to with this.

I can't believe I even have to explain it.

Tunnels, ladders, ropes, boats, airplanes, explosives...these are just a few easy ways to deal with a wall. Throwing a shit ton of money at the wall to have it maybe stop less than 40% (and that’s a very generous estimate) is FS. They will just come another way.
    okay so a bunch of poor miserable people traipsing through the desert carrying ladders and ropes and explosives.

Do you not see that the degree of difficulty is about a million times more?

And if they start blowing shit up it wont be hard to find and stop them.

Many will not attempt it. The ones that do now only have limited routes which can be monitored much more easily.

You can't be this fucking dense.

Just come out and say it. It's mean and a symbol of racism and you'll lose points with your friends if you admit that it will do somehting.
    No. It’s outdated and ineffective. You think some immigrant family is gonna risk everything, but then give up simply because there is a bigger wall?

No. I think they are going to not go in the first place or go through a much more difficult, expensive, and less likely to be successful route.

They sure as fuck aren't gonna climb over it or blow it up.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Okay if 60 percent come in and overstay their visas, but we stop majority of the other 40 percent.....

If you think building a wall will stop the other 40%, you are FS. You clearly have never been down by the border.
    It makes it far far more difficult. Therefore allowing us to focus on the narrower scope of ways they can actually get in

Honestly if this weren't a bizarre political thing no one would disagree with it.

Tunnels, ladders, ropes, boats, airplanes, explosives...these are just a few easy ways to deal with a wall. Throwing a shit ton of money at the wall to have it maybe stop less than 40% (and that’s a very generous estimate) is FS. They will just come another way.
    okay so a bunch of poor miserable people traipsing through the desert carrying ladders and ropes and explosives.

Many will not attempt it. The ones that do now only have limited routes which can be monitored much more easily.

Just come out and say it. It's mean and a symbol of racism and you'll lose points with your friends if you admit that it will do somehting.
    No. It’s outdated and ineffective. You think some immigrant family is gonna risk everything, but then give up simply because there is a bigger wall?

No. I think they are going to not go in the first place or go through a much more difficult, expensive, and less likely to be successful route.

I’m glad we agree that the wall does nothing to address the underlying issues.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

2001400ex said:

Holy fuck.

Many would not attempt at all because of the difficulty/cost and then many others would not make it because of the difficulty.

The whole point of a wall is you cant just stroll through it!

Not to mention all these poor miserable fuckers in South/Central America that only hear about stuff second hand and get duped by the coyotes would definitely hear about a big ass wall and the extra difficulty.

So not only is it effective in general, it is a major deterrent too.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Holy fuck.

Many would not attempt at all because of the difficulty/cost and then many others would not make it because of the difficulty.

Not to mention all these poor miserable fuckers in South/Central America that only hear about stuff second hand and get duped by the coyotes would definitely hear about a big ass wall and the extra difficulty.

Now you care about the coyotes preying on the innocent?

Thanks for the laugh.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Holy fuck.

Thanks for the laugh.
    not at all. dont give a fuck about the people

I'm saying that most of what they hear comes from shady people who are trying to get their money and probably tell them how easy it is and how great it'll be.

So when they hear from legit sources that the US said fuck you latin american cunts it'll be a deterrent.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Holy fuck.

Thanks for the laugh.

I'm saying that most of what they hear comes from shady people who are trying to get their money and probably tell them how easy it is and how great it'll be.

So when they hear from legit sources that the US said fuck you latin american cunts it'll be a deterrent.
    No it won’t. And you’re dumb if you think it will.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited August 2018
    I was just in Nogales a few hundred feet from the wall. It sucks. Trump needs to hurry up. Nothing is going to stop everyone. Saying a good wall won't deter anyone is dumb though.

The wall is part of it. NAFTA also needs to go or be renegotiated (hi Cirrhosis). Employers who knowingly hire illegals need to pay. That's everyone from Walmart to construction to Wendy's to the upper middle class professionals who hire Jorge to clean the pool or do roofing for less than companies would charge. People like Obama, the Clintons, and Sanders used to ascribe to this. They knew it hurt American labor. Then over the past 5-10 years, it became suddenly racist and to offensive to Latinxxxs to just state the fucking obvious.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

I was just in Nogales a few hundred feet from the wall. It sucks. Trump needs to hurry up. Nothing is going to stop everyone. Saying a good wall won't deter anyone is dumb though.

The wall is part of it. NAFTA also needs to go or be renegotiated (hi Cirrhosis). Employers who knowingly hire illegals need to pay. That's everyone from Walmart to construction to Wendy's to the upper middle class professionals who hire Jorge to clean the pool or do roofing for less than companies would charge. People like Obama, the Clintons, and Sanders used to ascribe to this. They knew it hurt American labor. Then over the past 5-10 years, it became suddenly racist and to offensive to Latinxxxs to just state the fucking obvious.

I’m sorry you and your fellow troomps (including the ones that voted for obama or Clinton) can’t compete against third world labor.

I am also sorry to tell you that there won’t be a wall. And while there is demand, the flow of labor from south of the border will continue unabated. It could be managed, controlled and directed but that doesn’t fit your scapegoating trumpian ways.

Good luck the rest of the way!
  • Options

I’m sorry you and your fellow troomps (including the ones that voted for obama or Clinton) can’t compete against third world labor.

I am also sorry to tell you that there won’t be a wall. And while there is demand, the flow of labor from south of the border will continue unabated. It could be managed, controlled and directed but that doesn’t fit your scapegoating trumpian ways.

Good luck the rest of the way!
    You know a great way to direct it?

Make sure they have to go around.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

2001400ex said:

Holy fuck.

Thanks for the laugh.

So if something is really difficult, and expensive, and they hear from credible sources that their chances of succeeding are much lower.....it won't deter anyone?

You have to be kidding
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Holy fuck.

Thanks for the laugh.

So if something is really difficult, and expensive, and they hear from credible sources that their chances of succeeding are much lower.....it won't deter anyone?

You have to be kidding
    Your assumption that a wall makes their chances of success “much lower” is the root problem here. It won’t. It will change their approach. Nothing more. It’s an illusion and a waste of you think a wall solves anything
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Holy fuck.

Thanks for the laugh.

You have to be kidding
    Your assumption that a wall makes their chances of success “much lower” is the root problem here. It won’t. It will change their approach. Nothing more. It’s an illusion and a waste of you think a wall solves anything
    Yes. They will change their approach because the ways are more limited.

You know whats easier to monitor? Fewer routes.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Holy fuck.

Thanks for the laugh.

You have to be kidding

The wall eliminates nothing. You just have to go over or under it. It’s not a magical barrier. Yeah they won’t be able to just stroll across, but so what. They will climb over or tunnel under like they already do. What resource does the wall free up for patrolling those other ways? None. It drains resources. I hope this helps but I know it won’t.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Holy fuck.

Thanks for the laugh.

You have to be kidding

The wall eliminates nothing. You just have to go over or under it. It’s not a magical barrier. Yeah they won’t be able to just stroll across, but so what. They will climb over or tunnel under like they already do. What resource does the wall free up for patrolling those other ways? None. It drains resources. I hope this helps but I know it won’t.
    So it makes it more difficult huh

chinteresting

Look be against it all you want for a myriad of reasons. But to say it doesn't make it more difficult is retarded.

You could make a million arguments that for a similar or lower cost there are better solutions.
    But to act like it makes zero impact is absurd.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Holy fuck.

Thanks for the laugh.

You have to be kidding

chinteresting

Look be against it all you want for a myriad of reasons. But to say it doesn't make it more difficult is retarded.

You could make a million arguments that for a similar or lower cost there are better solutions.
    I’m glad you’ve moved the goalposts from it will stop 40% to it will make it “more” difficult. Nobody thinks scaling a wall is less difficult than hopping a fence. But it’s not gonna stop them. It’s a wall, not the Korean DMZ.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

2001400ex said:

What a stupid argument. That's like saying leave the front door open and unlocked because it doesn't matter anyway, the burglar can find a way to get through the windows.
    You think the lock on your door is gonna stop a determined home invader? El oh el.
    No, but my guns will.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

2001400ex said:

Holy fuck.

Thanks for the laugh.

You have to be kidding

chinteresting

I’m glad you’ve moved the goalposts from it will stop 40% to it will make it “more” difficult. Nobody thinks scaling a wall is less difficult than hopping a fence. But it’s not gonna stop them. It’s a wall, not the Korean DMZ.
    I said the 40% (an arbitrary number I picked) of the overall might be actual border hoppers.

Any percentage of those that are deterred or routed through much more easily defendable routes is worth it.

But lets be real. If even 1 person is deterred its worth it to see you cry.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,653
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

2001400ex said:

Holy fuck.

Thanks for the laugh.

You have to be kidding

chinteresting

It would stop a high percentage of people from entering. being able to simply walk across is quite a bit easier than digging tunnels and cheaper. If someone is digging tunnels their mostly smuggling dope. Hard to move lots of people through them. They'd also charge a bunch of money which would limit most from crossing via tunnels. Climbing won't be real easy and sensors can monitor movement easily and cheaply. Open borders is not the answer it is the problem.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2018
    OBK's final solution:

On legal immigration:

- Call a convention of states to amend the Constitution in a way that cracks down hard on legal immigration. Bypass congress altogether, they sold America out & created massive demographic changes without the peoples' consent. Half of our representatives have become demented and have no concept of borders or nations anymore. They are too corrupted by the influence of money in politics and are only care about stonewalling and bickering.

On illegal immigration

- Arrest sanctuary city/sanctuary state politicians who flout the law.

- Authorize border patrol to shoot anyone who attempts to cross the border illegally. That would be a massive deterrent. Just like crossing the Berlin wall was.

- Build a big beautiful wall on every square inch of the Mexican border that it can be built on. Ignore the dumb faggots who think walls don't work, they're wrong.

- Deport everyone who is here illegally without exception. Send the bill to their countries of origin. If said countries don't pay up, create some form of minor temporary economic sanctions to recoup the cost of their one way flights.
  • Options

OBK's final solution:

On legal immigration:

- Call a convention of states to amend the Constitution in a way that cracks down hard on legal immigration. Bypass congress altogether, they sold America out & created massive demographic changes without the peoples' consent. Half of our representatives have become demented and have no concept of borders or nations anymore. They are too corrupted by the influence of money in politics and are only care about stonewalling and bickering.

On illegal immigration

- Arrest sanctuary city/sanctuary state politicians who flout the law.

- Authorize border patrol to shoot anyone who attempts to cross the border illegally. That would be a massive deterrent. Just like crossing the Berlin wall was.

- Build a big beautiful wall on every square inch of the Mexican border that it can be built on. Ignore the dumb faggots who think walls don't work, they're wrong.

- Deport everyone who is here illegally without exception. Send the bill to their countries of origin. If said countries don't pay up, create some form of minor temporary economic sanctions to recoup the cost of their one way flights.

Might have to work on your branding a bit