Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kaho's dad still pushing him to BAMA

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Here is the scoop....

We can report that the story about Kaho having lost “20 pounds” is not true. He weighed 215 when he left for Reno. So, at the most, it was a three-pound loss (and it’s normal considering the stress he’s been through).

The info about him “not eating” is not true either — it’s more about not being able to work out. There’s no question that the kid is stressed out; two family members suddenly passing away is tough on any teenager.

His parents have been going through a divorce since last spring — but here’s what’s disturbing about this: His father, Hopate, had been calling up other player’s parents asking to borrow large sums of money due to his situation with the divorce.

Thankfully, the parents who were approached turned him down and wanted nothing to do with it. One parent we know of went to UW and told them this had transpired so it might be reported to compliance.

While that, in itself, is not “illegal” — but it suggests a financial burden that the father of Kaho is experiencing and from what we’ve gathered this evening.

Remember when he signed, his mother went on Twitter and asked other schools to leave her son alone? There’s always been something rather unsettling about this.

At this point, it’s unknown if Kaho will return to Washington or not. We know, for a fact, that Ale — himself — did everything he needed to do to get into Washington and become a Husky. This was his dream. But it was true that, all through the process, Kaho’s parents were not completely sold because they wanted him to go to Brigham Young and receive an LDS-centered education.

Is that what will happen now? We don’t know. We do know that he’s home and that he, himself, was looking forward to beginning his career at Washington.

So he will be a Duck. This is exciting news.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    DeepSeaZ said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

He's now being followed by pretty much all of the Oregon staff

theLSkid said:

dtd said:

dawgs206 said:

Baseman said:

“We’re 100% UW” Adam Jude claims a Kaho family member told him. Except right now they’re worried about young Kaho who shouldn’t be concentrating on football but overcoming family turmoil

Fair enough. Why ask for his release? 100% UW? Take some time. Get things together.

I guess if Kaho was never coming, Peterson would have told us. Right?

If they’re 100% UW why ask for a release through the NCAA and follow an Oregon coach (I didn’t confirm the follow, not up on my TBS skills)? Please don’t ask for a full release to try and get immediate eligibility (to be closer to home for personal reasons) and go to Oregon.
    If he gets released and doesn't play foosball this year his clock won't start ticking.
    Mostly true, he can enroll in classes (more than 11 credits) and his clock will start, If he isn't released, UO following him is suspect to say the least

Nod. I agree, it looks a little ugly.
    Here are all the screenshots you'll need:

Strange how much I hate Fetters. Never met him. Interacted on doormgman a couple of times. But he has that face and attitude I just enjoy punching.
    Hurtful
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Mosster47 said:

Here is the scoop....

We can report that the story about Kaho having lost “20 pounds” is not true. He weighed 215 when he left for Reno. So, at the most, it was a three-pound loss (and it’s normal considering the stress he’s been through).

The info about him “not eating” is not true either — it’s more about not being able to work out. There’s no question that the kid is stressed out; two family members suddenly passing away is tough on any teenager.

His parents have been going through a divorce since last spring — but here’s what’s disturbing about this: His father, Hopate, had been calling up other player’s parents asking to borrow large sums of money due to his situation with the divorce.

Thankfully, the parents who were approached turned him down and wanted nothing to do with it. One parent we know of went to UW and told them this had transpired so it might be reported to compliance.

While that, in itself, is not “illegal” — but it suggests a financial burden that the father of Kaho is experiencing and from what we’ve gathered this evening.

Remember when he signed, his mother went on Twitter and asked other schools to leave her son alone? There’s always been something rather unsettling about this.

At this point, it’s unknown if Kaho will return to Washington or not. We know, for a fact, that Ale — himself — did everything he needed to do to get into Washington and become a Husky. This was his dream. But it was true that, all through the process, Kaho’s parents were not completely sold because they wanted him to go to Brigham Young and receive an LDS-centered education.

Is that what will happen now? We don’t know. We do know that he’s home and that he, himself, was looking forward to beginning his career at Washington.

So he will be a Duck. This is exciting news.
    I hate you.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Recent twatter follows- interesting, or not
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Let it burn ......piss on these mighty flames I hate this thread with every fiber of my being and to the quooks and optimism primes out there eat a dick in a three way and enjoy that unforgiving loop of man that penetrates your barking spiders place of rest
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    It would be a tremendous coup for the Ducks and a massive blow to UW (duh). Elite player poached from a rival right before training camp begins, and all under the auspices of supposed 'family problems' similar to DJ IIRC. A total winners win move.

Now imagine if Oregon had at least a top 70ish FBS coach. The talent will be there for whoever replaces Saban's demoted tackles coach. Please don't be Urban Meyer.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    I'm not reading too much into the Oregon follows. I also see coaches from Tennessee, Utah, TCU, Texas, and BYU. I'm sure they are all hoping for a DM.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:
    That makes a hell of a lot more sense than Oregon.

Tosh's coffee cup finally showed up.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Meek said:
    That's an Alabama fan and then she backpedals in the comments. If the family is the cause he won't go Bama
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    dnc said:

Well fuck. Saw this thread earlier and figured it was a joke. Cool!

It was supposed to be.

FMFYFE
    You may have more powers than you realize.
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Can Jude do some investigative reporting and get him ruled ineligible?
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:
    MOTHERFUCKIN CHRIST GOOD GOD ....SOON AS WE GET SOMETHING SHINY THEM TWEEKS COME TAKE IT. FUCKING FUCK.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    $EC bagman helping daddy out.