Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

trump calling for federal voter ID laws

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Mainly to stick it to the leftists is what I want it for.

I don't think illegal voting, illegal immigration, etc is a massive problem or a threat in any way.

(It is a problem, just something that wouldn't be all that difficult to change)

However the Democrats complete refusal to even acknowledge that it's a problem and needs to be reformed (and you are hitler) is so absurd that I want to stick it to them extra hard.

Here in Cali they took the first steps to making it easier for "undocumented peoples" to vote by allowing them all to register for state ID's with no existing proof of identity.

As much as I think right now it's an overhyped problem by the right it's not at all hard to imagine how the Dems are drooling at the prospect of stuffing ballot boxes with illegals they can make worlds of promises to and never have to deliver on.

Isn't it odd that these same Dems don't want guest worker programs or to expand legal immigration? I can't for the life of me figure that out.
    Are you really that dumb?
    CA AB-60 had illegals lined up for blocks around the DMV's here when it passed. You might be technically correct that they need *some kind of ID but the requirements are paper thin and laughable. You could bring in a phone bill as proof of CA residency and ironically enough, a Mexican voter ID as your proof of ID.

You can claim, and I don't entirely disagree, that this is reasonable policy to improve driver safety etc. but it also has a certain smell to it from the same party that claims no person is illegal while also trying to deny it ever entertained the idea of "open borders".

For the record again, I'm for guest worker programs and/or expanding LEGAL immigration. By exponential numbers if necessary. Whatever it is though, I want it to be a LEGAL process. What I don't want is a de-facto immigration policy that leaves a large swathe of people in limbo and continuously held at the mercy of the state and the politicians in power.
    Good discussion. But show me where one illegal alien has been registered to vote and actually voted in an election.
    I said I didn't believe that that was a major problem YET but that this is a step in the direction of allowing "undocumented peoples" to vote since you know, they won't be undocumented anymore.

It's like the "Ban all assault rifles" crowd claiming no one is calling to "ban all guns".
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Virginia

Google it loser
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited August 2018

2001400ex said:

I don't think illegal voting, illegal immigration, etc is a massive problem or a threat in any way.

However the Democrats complete refusal to even acknowledge that it's a problem and needs to be reformed (and you are hitler) is so absurd that I want to stick it to them extra hard.

Here in Cali they took the first steps to making it easier for "undocumented peoples" to vote by allowing them all to register for state ID's with no existing proof of identity.

As much as I think right now it's an overhyped problem by the right it's not at all hard to imagine how the Dems are drooling at the prospect of stuffing ballot boxes with illegals they can make worlds of promises to and never have to deliver on.

Isn't it odd that these same Dems don't want guest worker programs or to expand legal immigration? I can't for the life of me figure that out.
    CA AB-60 had illegals lined up for blocks around the DMV's here when it passed. You might be technically correct that they need *some kind of ID but the requirements are paper thin and laughable. You could bring in a phone bill as proof of CA residency and ironically enough, a Mexican voter ID as your proof of ID.

You can claim, and I don't entirely disagree, that this is reasonable policy to improve driver safety etc. but it also has a certain smell to it from the same party that claims no person is illegal while also trying to deny it ever entertained the idea of "open borders".

For the record again, I'm for guest worker programs and/or expanding LEGAL immigration. By exponential numbers if necessary. Whatever it is though, I want it to be a LEGAL process. What I don't want is a de-facto immigration policy that leaves a large swathe of people in limbo and continuously held at the mercy of the state and the politicians in power.
    Why do we need immigration expanded exponentially? Why do we need it expanded at all? We're getting close to a population of half a billion. Enough is enough.
    Demographically speaking our entire economic system and many of our governmental entitlements are set up on the assumption of a growing population. Our birth rate has rapidly decreased but part of the reason our country hasn't felt the ill effects like Japan or Europe is because we make up for it with immigration.

It's a different but related discussion but we've also got the advantage of deciding who we want to take for what since living in the US is essentially a golden ticket. Need cheap seasonal labor? We can have that if we want. Need top scientist and researchers? We can have that if we want. Want only the most talented and brightest? We can have that if we want.

I also to some extent do agree with @CirrhosisDawg that the economics of it make it somewhat chinevitable that prohibition of immigration won't work. Might as well legalize and regulate the market rather than try to fight it.
    I find it interesting how 'a decreasing population is a bad thing' has become accepted conventional wisdom. The market goes up and it goes down to maintain a healthy balance. Why shouldn't immigration too? If a trade becomes crowded and everyone is on one side of the trade, that's a fairly good indicator that a sell off is likely on the horizon. Massive immigration is a one sided, crowded trade that inevitably results in a 'social crash.' Just axe Merkel. She imported a ton of Islamic fascists and now terrorist attacks are commonplace in Europe and her government is facing a serious revolt. If these programs are set up to require a constantly expanding population to keep them going, then it's time to consider changing these programs.

PS. I'm all for merit based immigration, as long as we are only signing 5 star recruits, primarily in the sciences. Shut the fucking gates on everyone else.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter

They also register those illegals to vote. The state registers them to vote. Let that sink in.
    edited August 2018

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

I recall democrats saying Voting is a right and we shouldn't require ID's to exercise a right. So then it should be OK to just walk in and buy guns with no ID or background check since I am exercising a constitutional right. Otherwise we are taking rights away from the pour.

When there are 20 to 40 million illegals in the country we definitely need a voter ID law.

So should guns be free too since they are a constitutional right? Like voting is required to be.
    Have the fucking ID be taxpayer funded Einstein
    How are you going to pay for that?
    Chinese tariffs
    Will there be money leftover after we provide subsidies to all the effected American industries?
    Yeah in the big scheme of things it's not that expensive
    So you are saying that you can put a price tag on ignorance, failure and incompetence?

“It’s not that expensive.” PGOS FS.

If fucking Costco can do it the fucking US gov can send a fucking ID out the probably costs a dollar per person.
    Costco charges for that shit. That being said. What problem are we solving by requiring voter ID?

Illegals voting, primarily. Secondly, dead registered dem voters.
    And we finally return to the false premise you began with

If it's a false premise than there is nothing to be afriad of, except government spending more money which is always a win for the left.

Hth
    It’s a solution to something that doesn’t happen hth

Let's give it a try then chief!
    It doesn’t happen hth

You sound scared it does. You know it does.
    It doesn’t happen hth

Youre very convincing!!
    And you’re not looking to be convinced! No amount of contrary evidence would change your moronic belief that significant quantities of illegal immigrants and dead people vote for democrats.
    Really 20-40 million.

• BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    edited August 2018
    I'd be in favor of a federal ID. Use it for everything:

- voting
    - owning weapons
    - driving
    - grazing your cattle on public land
    - tracking your health information
    - tracking your bailouts from Trump's trade wars

The militia movement and their christian fanatic membership foresaw this day many many years ago. Next, the UN will be invading (or the Russians, in Trump's case).

If you can't see that Trump is "The Beast" from the book of Revelations, I can't help you.

Baphomet said:

- voting
    - owning weapons
    - driving

The militia movement and their christian fanatic membership foresaw this day many many years ago. Next, the UN will be invading (or the Russians, in Trump's case).

If you can't see that Trump is "The Beast" from the book of Revelations, I can't help you.

What's really funny is Mexico requires them to have voter I.D.
    Sledog said:

Baphomet said:

- voting
    - owning weapons
    - driving

As I've said, I favor federal ID too, just don't stop at voter ID, use it for everything.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Let’s stop voter fraud (a non-issue) and ignore election security (an actual issue). We’ve become the land of the dumb.

Let’s stop voter fraud (a non-issue) and ignore election security (an actual issue). We’ve become the land of the dumb.

tl;dr
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Sledog said:

Baphomet said:

- voting
    - owning weapons
    - driving

Do you trust their election results better than ours?
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732

Someone definitely got fired or was relegated to squash match jobber for the rest of their career because of that table not breaking

Voter fraud is quite real. More votes cast via voter fraud than election security.
    edited August 2018
    Maybe we can give Haliburton a no bid contract to make it all more secure.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Sledog said:

Voter fraud is quite real. More votes cast via voter fraud than election security.
    I’m convinced
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

2001400ex said:

Reasonable.

There's no room for this kind of shit here.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Sledog said:

There's no fucking way you could know this, so watching you pretend to is comical.

What a butthole you are.
    dflea said:

2001400ex said:

Reasonable.

There's no room for this kind of shit here.
    Fuck you!
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

Apparently we also need an ID to buy groceries

You need an ID to buy beer for the purpose of verifying legal age.

You need an ID to drive a car legally.

Why wouldn’t you need an ID to verify one is legal to vote?

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Apparently we also need an ID to buy groceries

You need an ID to buy beer for the purpose of verifying legal age.

You need an ID to drive a car legally.

Why wouldn’t you need an ID to verify one is legal to vote?

By the courts, it's determined to be a poll tax.