Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

trump calling for federal voter ID laws

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

I recall democrats saying Voting is a right and we shouldn't require ID's to exercise a right. So then it should be OK to just walk in and buy guns with no ID or background check since I am exercising a constitutional right. Otherwise we are taking rights away from the pour.

When there are 20 to 40 million illegals in the country we definitely need a voter ID law.

So should guns be free too since they are a constitutional right? Like voting is required to be.
    Have the fucking ID be taxpayer funded Einstein
    How are you going to pay for that?
    Chinese tariffs
    Will there be money leftover after we provide subsidies to all the effected American industries?
    Yeah in the big scheme of things it's not that expensive
    So you are saying that you can put a price tag on ignorance, failure and incompetence?

“It’s not that expensive.” PGOS FS.

If fucking Costco can do it the fucking US gov can send a fucking ID out the probably costs a dollar per person.
    Costco charges for that shit. That being said. What problem are we solving by requiring voter ID?

Illegals voting, primarily. Secondly, dead registered dem voters.
    And we finally return to the false premise you began with

If it's a false premise than there is nothing to be afriad of, except government spending more money which is always a win for the left.

Hth
    Don't act like Democrats have a monopoly on excessive spending.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

I recall democrats saying Voting is a right and we shouldn't require ID's to exercise a right. So then it should be OK to just walk in and buy guns with no ID or background check since I am exercising a constitutional right. Otherwise we are taking rights away from the pour.

When there are 20 to 40 million illegals in the country we definitely need a voter ID law.

So should guns be free too since they are a constitutional right? Like voting is required to be.
    Chinese tariffs
    Will there be money leftover after we provide subsidies to all the effected American industries?
    So you are saying that you can put a price tag on ignorance, failure and incompetence?

If fucking Costco can do it the fucking US gov can send a fucking ID out the probably costs a dollar per person.
    Costco charges for that shit. That being said. What problem are we solving by requiring voter ID?

If it's a false premise than there is nothing to be afriad of, except government spending more money which is always a win for the left.

Hth
    It’s a solution to something that doesn’t happen hth

Let's give it a try then chief!
    It doesn’t happen hth

You sound scared it does. You know it does.
    Illegals and dead voting is scary. I'd like to see the discussion and a link on this.
  • HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Chinese tariffs

Hth

It doesn’t happen hth

It doesn’t happen hth

Youre very convincing!!
    And you’re not looking to be convinced! No amount of contrary evidence would change your moronic belief that significant quantities of illegal immigrants and dead people vote for democrats.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Ironic.

HTF are we gonna pay for the 5 trillion of free Shit that you wish to give away per year?

I love liberal budget hawks and I am aware that APAG is being sarcastic.

Is He? It’s so hard to tell these days for a simple Cuog.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    Mainly to stick it to the leftists is what I want it for.

I don't think illegal voting, illegal immigration, etc is a massive problem or a threat in any way.

(It is a problem, just something that wouldn't be all that difficult to change)

However the Democrats complete refusal to even acknowledge that it's a problem and needs to be reformed (and you are hitler) is so absurd that I want to stick it to them extra hard.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think illegal voting, illegal immigration, etc is a massive problem or a threat in any way.

However the Democrats complete refusal to even acknowledge that it's a problem and needs to be reformed (and you are hitler) is so absurd that I want to stick it to them extra hard.

Here in Cali they took the first steps to making it easier for "undocumented peoples" to vote by allowing them all to register for state ID's with no existing proof of identity.

As much as I think right now it's an overhyped problem by the right it's not at all hard to imagine how the Dems are drooling at the prospect of stuffing ballot boxes with illegals they can make worlds of promises to and never have to deliver on.

Isn't it odd that these same Dems don't want guest worker programs or to expand legal immigration? I can't for the life of me figure that out.
    edited August 2018

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Chinese tariffs

Hth

It doesn’t happen hth

It doesn’t happen hth
    So why are you so scared of the local state fed govt verifying who a person is and where they live when they register to vote?

You don’t want people voting in State county and local races for candidates that don’t even serve them and therefore aren’t eligible to vote for.

But you never thought that deep about it or you wouldn’t be posting like Hondo about it.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Chinese tariffs
    POTD

Here in Cali they took the first steps to making it easier for "undocumented peoples" to vote by allowing them all to register for state ID's with no existing proof of identity.

As much as I think right now it's an overhyped problem by the right it's not at all hard to imagine how the Dems are drooling at the prospect of stuffing ballot boxes with illegals they can make worlds of promises to and never have to deliver on.

Isn't it odd that these same Dems don't want guest worker programs or to expand legal immigration? I can't for the life of me figure that out.
    Are you really that dumb?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

I love liberal budget hawks and I am aware that APAG is being sarcastic.

Is He? It’s so hard to tell these days for a simple Cuog.
    Yes because that is what people ask Bernie and Cortez the Killer

It's just bizarre. They already have (had) the working class base.

Why replace them?

Yeah all the bleeding hearts are morons and cry racism but the real people making the decisions don't give a fuck about that.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

It's just bizarre. They already have (had) the working class base.

Why replace them?

Yeah all the bleeding hearts are morons and cry racism but the real people making the decisions don't give a fuck about that.
    As someone having a house built, why would I want to pay an inflated price for labor? I benefit by saving money on the house which allows me to purchase other things. I win and the laborer wins. You sound like taxi drivers who are angry about Uber and want the government to step in and make it more costly for Uber to drive people.
    2001400ex said:

CA AB-60 had illegals lined up for blocks around the DMV's here when it passed. You might be technically correct that they need *some kind of ID but the requirements are paper thin and laughable. You could bring in a phone bill as proof of CA residency and ironically enough, a Mexican voter ID as your proof of ID.

You can claim, and I don't entirely disagree, that this is reasonable policy to improve driver safety etc. but it also has a certain smell to it from the same party that claims no person is illegal while also trying to deny it ever entertained the idea of "open borders".

For the record again, I'm for guest worker programs and/or expanding LEGAL immigration. By exponential numbers if necessary. Whatever it is though, I want it to be a LEGAL process. What I don't want is a de-facto immigration policy that leaves a large swathe of people in limbo and continuously held at the mercy of the state and the politicians in power.
    edited August 2018

2001400ex said:

CA AB-60 had illegals lined up for blocks around the DMV's here when it passed. You might be technically correct that they need *some kind of ID but the requirements are paper thin and laughable. You could bring in a phone bill as proof of CA residency and ironically enough, a Mexican voter ID as your proof of ID.

You can claim, and I don't entirely disagree, that this is reasonable policy to improve driver safety etc. but it also has a certain smell to it from the same party that claims no person is illegal while also trying to deny it ever entertained the idea of "open borders".

For the record again, I'm for guest worker programs and/or expanding LEGAL immigration. By exponential numbers if necessary. Whatever it is though, I want it to be a LEGAL process. What I don't want is a de-facto immigration policy that leaves a large swathe of people in limbo and continuously held at the mercy of the state and the politicians in power.
    Why do we need immigration expanded exponentially? Why do we need it expanded at all? We're getting close to a population of half a billion. Enough is enough.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    We have folks here in our blue strongholds that encourage illegals to break the law to come here, break the law to stay here, set up sanctuary cities so even if they break the law here they can stay here, and advocate open borders errrrrr a free flow of migrants but we are supposed to believe that

WE ARE DRAWING THE LINE AT YOU BREAKING THE LAW TO VOTE. THAT IS OUR RED LINE IN THE SAND.

Except the latest from the left is let them vote in local elections since they live her man

We aren't falling for the ruse
    Sanctuary cities are by definition illegal. We should be arresting the mayors of these cities, and the governor of California, since it's now a 'sanctuary state.' If they still want to resist even after that, maybe its time to consider a military option.

We have folks here in our blue strongholds that encourage illegals to break the law to come here, break the law to stay here, set up sanctuary cities so even if they break the law here they can stay here, and advocate open borders errrrrr a free flow of migrants but we are supposed to believe that

WE ARE DRAWING THE LINE AT YOU BREAKING THE LAW TO VOTE. THAT IS OUR RED LINE IN THE SAND.

Except the latest from the left is let them vote in local elections since they live her man

We aren't falling for the ruse

We?

2001400ex said:

Why do we need immigration expanded exponentially? Why do we need it expanded at all? We're getting close to a population of half a billion. Enough is enough.
    Demographically speaking our entire economic system and many of our governmental entitlements are set up on the assumption of a growing population. Our birth rate has rapidly decreased but part of the reason our country hasn't felt the ill effects like Japan or Europe is because we make up for it with immigration.

It's a different but related discussion but we've also got the advantage of deciding who we want to take for what since living in the US is essentially a golden ticket. Need cheap seasonal labor? We can have that if we want. Need top scientist and researchers? We can have that if we want. Want only the most talented and brightest? We can have that if we want.

I also to some extent do agree with @CirrhosisDawg that the economics of it make it somewhat chinevitable that prohibition of immigration won't work. Might as well legalize and regulate the market rather than try to fight it.

2001400ex said:

Good discussion. But show me where one illegal alien has been registered to vote and actually voted in an election.