Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OK. WTF?

Was playing around on the team calculator thingy on 247 today. For kicks I added Tufono, Buelow, Turner, Chase Heimuli, Williams, Wright, Ika and Ngata.
That seems like a hell of a haul but totaled up only gets you to about the 15th rated class if it finished there. Most of us would be fucking over the moon if we got all those guys and it only gets you to 15? WTF am I missing? If I'm doing this right then fuck me, Pete and his boys better put on one hell of a closing act.

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    No, you're doing great.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Who gives a fuck what the class ranking is? Other than the idiots on this board. Get promising recruits in positions of need and coach then up...hopefully they won't see the field until their RS-Sophomore year.

UW is never going to consistently finish Top 10 and it doesn't need to in order to compete.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Who gives a fuck what the class ranking is? Other than the idiots on this board. Get promising recruits in positions of need and coach then up...hopefully they won't see the field until their RS-Sophomore year.

UW is never going to consistently finish Top 10 and it doesn't need to in order to compete.

loser!
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

That's why I added players to get us to the historical number for 15 because that is the minimum expectation. This has to be one HELL of a close for this staff.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    Wait until we add a LS to the commit list
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Why? And who will? USC, sure. Alabama as long as Saban is there (their average from 1990-2010 was 13th, FYI). Georgia? Ohio State? ND finished top 5 for 40 straight years and now average in the teens since 2010. Are we destined down this path, destined to destroy ourselves like so many programs before us? Or can we evolve fast enough to change ourselves... change our fate? Is the future truly set?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

loser!
    Warshington can & should finish top 10.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

loser!
    Warshington can & should finish top 10.
    Last years finish should be the floor. Zero reason to not lock in a top 10 class every single year.
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

my god please go back to dawgman. a truly ektard level of expectation culling.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The way they rank now, the top 10 is usually a combination of east coast teams with 3 or 4 5 stars and 12 4 stars along with teams who take damn near 30 commitments and weed em out later.
  • Options
    TheDawgFan1227TheDawgFan1227 Member Posts: 335
    Not worried about the players as long as we have the coaches. I wanna hear some "Coach em up!!!" Chants on Saturdays this fall boys!
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    I’m guessing the guys the’re closing will be nice players but fuck me if OKG recruiting isn’t the most boring chit ever.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    You guys are like UW fans on doogman when Ty was hired. He took Stanford to a Rose Bowl, and this is WASHINGTON.

Fucking doogs.
  • Options
    Founders Club

You guys are like UW fans on doogman when Ty was hired. He took Stanford to a Rose Bowl, and this is WASHINGTON.

Fucking doogs.

This makes no fucking sense, but OK!
    Having high expectations = wins for our DAWGS. The HAMMER will drop on 0regon.