Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Very biblical

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Sledog said:

Same thing happened under Obunghole. When parents are criminally charged you don't get to take your kids to jail with you. HTH

This is a unique "crime" and needs to be treated uniquely. Throwing the kids on a cement floor with a sleeping bag or building a tent city for them is third world shit. We?re better than that.
    Based on this thread. We clearly aren't
  • Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Sledog said:

Same thing happened under Obunghole. When parents are criminally charged you don't get to take your kids to jail with you. HTH

This argument glosses over some crucial differences. American children of the criminally accused or convicted don't get placed in a detention center just because of the conduct of their parents. American children of the criminally accused or convicted remain free and in the custody of another parent, a foster parent, or some other legal guardian. They also are allowed to see their imprisoned parent, get calls from them, and receive letters from them. Totally different treatment.

I am going to regret posting in the Tug, aren't I.
  • Options

Life is unfair

I'd try to change the subject to something like this too

I would say there is precious little evidence over the years that we are better than this.

Closing the borders and stopping the incentive to come here is going to break some eggs

Sessions being an idiot like he is doesn't change that

The ends don't always justify the means. If they do to you in this case, that's your own moral judgment, but I'd disagree.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Squirt said:

Life is unfair

I would say there is precious little evidence over the years that we are better than this.

Closing the borders and stopping the incentive to come here is going to break some eggs

The ends don't always justify the means. If they do to you in this case, that's your own moral judgment, but I'd disagree.

Encouraging more to come only encourages more suffering and family displacement

If that's what you want I'd disagree
  • Options

Squirt said:

Life is unfair

I'm not seeing how this new Trump policy reduces suffering and family displacement. Could you elaborate?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Squirt said:

Squirt said:

Life is unfair

I'm not seeing how this new Trump policy reduces suffering and family displacement. Could you elaborate?
    You bolded it. What part of that don't you get?
  • Options
    I guess I haven't read enough of your comments to understand your view of the connection between immigration and suffering and family displacement. Oh well, probably not worth your time following up on it. We're not going to agree, and that's fine.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Squirt said:

I guess I haven't read enough of your comments to understand your view of the connection between immigration and suffering and family displacement. Oh well, probably not worth your time following up on it. We're not going to agree, and that's fine.

Unless you open the borders people that come here illegally and try to cross are going to lose the fake family they came with or even a real family

Letting them in for years is why we have had kids in cages for years and an ongoing shit show at the border

Just because the media chose to bring it up this week hardly makes it a new problem

If you want more of something allow it to happen without consequence.
    It was my understanding that the illegal immigration issue was solved back in 1986.
  • Options

Squirt said:

Jesus. Have you been to the tug before? That’s not how you end an argument. At least call him a cunt and tell him to fuck off or kill himself.
    All this does is further the narrative that most here are a bunch of fucktarded idiots that deserve to remain on the fringe. There’s absolutely a bare minimum of balance, reason, or conditioning of commentary at all. What’s comical to me is that just about at every single step of the way Pete and/or his staff has over delivered when it comes to rebounding against challenges or adversity they are facing.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Squirt said:

Squirt said:

Jesus. Have you been to the tug before? That’s not how you end an argument. At least call him a cunt and tell him to fuck off or kill himself.
    All this does is further the narrative that most here are a bunch of fucktarded idiots that deserve to remain on the fringe. There’s absolutely a bare minimum of balance, reason, or conditioning of commentary at all. What’s comical to me is that just about at every single step of the way Pete and/or his staff has over delivered when it comes to rebounding against challenges or adversity they are facing.
    Fuck off
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Squirt said:

Unless you open the borders people that come here illegally and try to cross are going to lose the fake family they came with or even a real family

Letting them in for years is why we have had kids in cages for years and an ongoing shit show at the border

Just because the media chose to bring it up this week hardly makes it a new problem

It was my understanding that the illegal immigration issue was solved back in 1986.
    My smoking hot PMs parents waded across in the 80's and are proud Reagan amnesty folks who vote GOP. It was half a deal which is the deal Trump isn't taking this time
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Squirt said:

My smoking hot PMs parents waded across in the 80's and are proud Reagan amnesty folks who vote GOP. It was half a deal which is the deal Trump isn't taking this time
    My gay brother's, Messican husband's mother got the Reagan amnesty as well. I don't think she votes GOP, however.

Point being, the issue should have been fixed once and for all many, many, decades before you moved to El Norte.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Squirt said:

My gay brother's, Messican husband's mother got the Reagan amnesty as well. I don't think she votes GOP, however.

Point being, the issue should have been fixed once and for all many, many, decades before you moved to El Norte.
    There is no time like now

Can't worry about what didn't get done
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Squirt said:

Squirt said:

wait, what?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Squirt said:

I've been meaning to ask you: where have the Reagan Republicans GONE?

The piece IN the NYT today going OVER Sessions and Miller reminded me how we got here: the NEW populism. You cannot wrangle out of this ONE with cute turns-of-a-phrase. The neo-conservative HAS absolutely turned his back ON free market economis. What with Sessions and his sandy memories of displaced chicken factory white trash, and Miller with God-knows-what pushing his buttons. Give me a fucking break. Even the most conservative OUTLETS I can find concede that these people do work that Americans no longer wish to do, and you and I both know what will happen if we have to fund a pension for a guy to mow MY grass.

I NEED to hear FROM you on this @RaceBannon .
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Squirt said:

I've been meaning to ask you: where have the Reagan Republicans GONE?

The piece IN the NYT today going OVER Sessions and Miller reminded me how we got here: the NEW populism. You cannot wrangle out of this ONE with cute turns-of-a-phrase. The neo-conservative HAS absolutely turned his back ON free market economis. What with Sessions and his sandy memories of displaced chicken factory white trash, and Miller with God-knows-what pushing his buttons. Give me a fucking break. Even the most conservative OUTLETS I can find concede that these people do work that Americans no longer wish to do, and you and I both know what will happen if we have to fund a pension for a guy to mow MY grass.

I NEED to hear FROM you on this @RaceBannon .
    Republicans aren't conservative anymore.

This is pretty well established.