Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735

Sources said:

I wait for Eason to attempt a pass in a Husky uniform before I comment...thanks

He doesn't even need to be good for an improvement. Just not so bad he holds the team back like Browning did. Not a tough bar to clear.

Also, if he is that bad we do actually have depth and competition to supplant the starter now.
    As much as we hate Browning, I still think we underestimate just how much he held back the offense. I see people consistently criticize our WRs, and it's somewhat fair given their lack of production and some notable drops towards the end of the year. But the way I see it, we really don't know what we have in that group because Jake could only throw to about 40% of their route trees. And the throws that were there and within his range he often didn't attempt because his vision was so fucking poor.
    I agree with you about Browning. But the only other player to throw a meaningful pass at UW was terrible. You can’t really say anything until we actually see them in game action.

I’m personally rooting for Yankoff. If anything, he’s going to be good fodder for the board.
    I'll let Georgia know this wasn't "game action".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTdOojdEkmw
    This throw makes me as hard as a diamond (hi chatch!) but it is only one throw. His overall stats at Georgia were meh. Much better competition than the pac 12 makes me hopeful that he will be a stud but I’m in LIPO.

Main point though is he will be better than Browning, I don’t think anyone could deny that.
    That's true...but he also doesn't have Gaskin behind him, and Ridley to throw to. I'm not saying he sucks by any means. However, I really need to see how this guy plays on the field at UW before I make an assessment. I also don't pay much attention to coach and player speak. They'll say any non locker room cancer player is talented.

I felt the same way about Mariota when he won the starting job. Then in the first half of game one, he showed how special he was. Eason could very well be special, but I want to see it first.
    He didn't have Ridley to throw to his Freshman season. Georgia's receivers were average. His favorite target was his best friend and coke snorting buddy Isaac Ngata. The receivers were a bunch of Jaydon Mickens midget JAGS. Georgia has greatly improved their WR talent since then.

What difference does not having Gaskin make? UW has better talent at RB to replace him with and a very good O-line returning. Running the ball won't be a problem.

You're just reaching for straws bro. Just keep it real and say "I would rather hold out hope for the 0.01% chance Eason sucks instead of just accepting now the high likelihood he tears Oregon defense a new one with his amazing arm."
    "What difference does not having Gaskin make? UW has better talent at RB to replace him"....saved

You have got to be kidding me...

Ahmed for sure has tremendous speed and good size. Unfortunately, his vision is terrible. When he hits the hole, he's great, but most often he misses it. You can't coach speed and athleticism, which Ahmed has over Gaskin. However, Gaskin's vision is what made him elite, and that you really can't teach. Gaskin turned lost yards and no gains into 5-6 yard plays or home runs, repeatedly. You are going to regret that comment because Gaskin isn't that far off from Napoleon Kaufman and Corey Dillon. To say Gaskin leaving isn't going to hurt is an insult to one of the best backs in UW history, and also an insult to your remaining brain cells.
    Ahmed has good vision and there are moments when he shows flashes of amazing vision and elusiveness. He just needs to make better decisions and be more decisive and stop trying to bounce everything to the outside just because he's fast. It's a learning process.

Kamari Pleasant ran for 5.1 yards per carry, Sean McGrew ran for 4.5 yards per carry, and Salvon Ahmed ran for 5.8 yards per carry. Gaskin ran for 4.9 yards per carry. It's not a big loss because the guys coming up behind him are good too.
    Gaskin had 4.9 yards per carry with one shoulder. Let's also not forget the Peterson basically ran him into the ground. Gaskin had 30 more carries this year with 1-2 fewer games than any season before. I'm also not impressed with 5.8 yards per carry with Ahmed's limited touches. People in Eugene were stoked about DeAnthony Thomas and his nearly 8.0 yards per carry heading into his Jr year. When he became the main point of the running game he dropped to just over 6 yards per carry. We'll see if Ahmed can keep his average going on a full workload.
    A shoulder injury really doesn't affect what your legs do as a RUNNING back. He wasn't run into the ground. UW rotated in the other backs a good amount. Cool story bro but Deanthony Thomas is irrelevant to Salvon Ahmed.
    Another screen shot. I'm getting some good material today.

So apparently, if a running back takes a hit on an injured shoulder, it shouldn't impact his rushing ability...that's great intel SAC.

No it doesn't. Gaskin's a tough little fucker. A shoulder injury is not going to limit the yards he gets.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Sources said:

He doesn't even need to be good for an improvement. Just not so bad he holds the team back like Browning did. Not a tough bar to clear.

Also, if he is that bad we do actually have depth and competition to supplant the starter now.
    As much as we hate Browning, I still think we underestimate just how much he held back the offense. I see people consistently criticize our WRs, and it's somewhat fair given their lack of production and some notable drops towards the end of the year. But the way I see it, we really don't know what we have in that group because Jake could only throw to about 40% of their route trees. And the throws that were there and within his range he often didn't attempt because his vision was so fucking poor.
    I agree with you about Browning. But the only other player to throw a meaningful pass at UW was terrible. You can’t really say anything until we actually see them in game action.

I’m personally rooting for Yankoff. If anything, he’s going to be good fodder for the board.

This throw makes me as hard as a diamond (hi chatch!) but it is only one throw. His overall stats at Georgia were meh. Much better competition than the pac 12 makes me hopeful that he will be a stud but I’m in LIPO.

Main point though is he will be better than Browning, I don’t think anyone could deny that.
    That's true...but he also doesn't have Gaskin behind him, and Ridley to throw to. I'm not saying he sucks by any means. However, I really need to see how this guy plays on the field at UW before I make an assessment. I also don't pay much attention to coach and player speak. They'll say any non locker room cancer player is talented.

I felt the same way about Mariota when he won the starting job. Then in the first half of game one, he showed how special he was. Eason could very well be special, but I want to see it first.
    He didn't have Ridley to throw to his Freshman season. Georgia's receivers were average. His favorite target was his best friend and coke snorting buddy Isaac Ngata. The receivers were a bunch of Jaydon Mickens midget JAGS. Georgia has greatly improved their WR talent since then.

What difference does not having Gaskin make? UW has better talent at RB to replace him with and a very good O-line returning. Running the ball won't be a problem.

You're just reaching for straws bro. Just keep it real and say "I would rather hold out hope for the 0.01% chance Eason sucks instead of just accepting now the high likelihood he tears Oregon defense a new one with his amazing arm."
    "What difference does not having Gaskin make? UW has better talent at RB to replace him"....saved

Ahmed for sure has tremendous speed and good size. Unfortunately, his vision is terrible. When he hits the hole, he's great, but most often he misses it. You can't coach speed and athleticism, which Ahmed has over Gaskin. However, Gaskin's vision is what made him elite, and that you really can't teach. Gaskin turned lost yards and no gains into 5-6 yard plays or home runs, repeatedly. You are going to regret that comment because Gaskin isn't that far off from Napoleon Kaufman and Corey Dillon. To say Gaskin leaving isn't going to hurt is an insult to one of the best backs in UW history, and also an insult to your remaining brain cells.
    Ahmed has good vision and there are moments when he shows flashes of amazing vision and elusiveness. He just needs to make better decisions and be more decisive and stop trying to bounce everything to the outside just because he's fast. It's a learning process.

Kamari Pleasant ran for 5.1 yards per carry, Sean McGrew ran for 4.5 yards per carry, and Salvon Ahmed ran for 5.8 yards per carry. Gaskin ran for 4.9 yards per carry. It's not a big loss because the guys coming up behind him are good too.
    Gaskin had 4.9 yards per carry with one shoulder. Let's also not forget the Peterson basically ran him into the ground. Gaskin had 30 more carries this year with 1-2 fewer games than any season before. I'm also not impressed with 5.8 yards per carry with Ahmed's limited touches. People in Eugene were stoked about DeAnthony Thomas and his nearly 8.0 yards per carry heading into his Jr year. When he became the main point of the running game he dropped to just over 6 yards per carry. We'll see if Ahmed can keep his average going on a full workload.
    A shoulder injury really doesn't affect what your legs do as a RUNNING back. He wasn't run into the ground. UW rotated in the other backs a good amount. Cool story bro but Deanthony Thomas is irrelevant to Salvon Ahmed.

So apparently, if a running back takes a hit on an injured shoulder, it shouldn't impact his rushing ability...that's great intel SAC.

No it doesn't. Gaskin's a tough little fucker. A shoulder injury is not going to limit the yards he gets.

edited February 2019

We're not going to miss Royce Freeman in 2018, we have Tony Brooks-James. And he averaged 9.0 YPC as a freshman an 7.6 YPC as a sophomore. Royce Freeman only averaged like 5.4 YPC that season like some pathetic scrub, so TBJ will be way better.

It will be just like the time Kiko Alonso was leaving and everyone was panicking and then we got Rodney Hardrick.

Yeah except Tony Brooks-James sucks and is nowhere near as talented as Royce Freeman. It's the opposite in UW's case. We lose an all-time great back but the guy behind him is more talented and will probably be running behind a better O-line as a starter.

We're not going to miss Royce Freeman in 2018, we have Tony Brooks-James. And he averaged 9.0 YPC as a freshman an 7.6 YPC as a sophomore. Royce Freeman only averaged like 5.4 YPC that season like some pathetic scrub, so TBJ will be way better.

It will be just like the time Kiko Alonso was leaving and everyone was panicking and then we got Rodney Hardrick.

Yeah expect Tony Brooks-James sucks and is nowhere near as talented as Royce Freeman. It's the opposite in UW's case. We lose an all-time great back but the guy behind him is more talented and will probably be running behind a better O-line as a starter.
    FIFY

Sources said:

Yeah that's what I thought bitch. Turn to a gif because you ain't got shit to say. You're argument is retarded. You're throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. When Gaskin was allowed to play, his shoulder injury did not limit his performance at all. Eat. A. Dick.

Sources said:

Yeah that's what I thought bitch. Turn to a gif because you ain't got shit to say. You're argument is retarded. You're throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. When Gaskin was allowed to play, his shoulder injury did not limit his performance at all. Eat. A. Dick.
    We can move this to the "Battle of the Backs" poll on the Husky board.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Sources said:

Sincerely,

MMFG = John Timu
  • GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    following Dallas Warmack on twitter. Gone.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423

Sources said:

*Yousn't

Sources said:

Sincerely,

MMFG = John Timu
    Timu was a highly productive college player. Very instinctual player. But he went undrafted and is struggling to stay in the league as a back up ILB. Myles Gaskin was a highly productive college player. Very instinctual player as well. He'll be a late round pick or go undrafted and struggle to make an NFL roster and stay in the league.

Prior to his leg injury Azeem was clearly more talented than Timu. He had no real playing experience before becoming a starter and he was immediately an upgrade over Timu.

Ahmed is clearly more talented than Gaskin. He's bigger, more explosive, and faster over long distances. He has the ability to shock you with his vision and elusiveness when he's just playing free and running to daylight instead of thinking too much. He's a special talent. I predict he'll be an upgrade over Gaskin. That's not at all an outlandish prediction. Holla at me at the end of the season and we'll see who's better.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

Sources said:

Sincerely,

MMFG = John Timu
    Timu was a highly productive college player. Very instinctual player. But he went undrafted and is struggling to stay in the league as a back up ILB. Myles Gaskin was a highly productive college player. Very instinctual player as well. He'll be a late round pick or go undrafted and struggle to make an NFL roster and stay in the league.

Prior to his leg injury Azeem was clearly more talented than Timu. He had no real playing experience before becoming a starter and he was immediately an upgrade over Timu.

Ahmed is clearly more talented than Gaskin. He's bigger, more explosive, and faster over long distances. He has the ability to shock you with his vision and elusiveness when he's just playing free and running to daylight instead of thinking too much. He's a special talent. I predict he'll be an upgrade over Gaskin. That's not at all an outlandish prediction. Holla at me at the end of the season and we'll see who's better.
    He doesn’t break tackles and he seems to not have great vision between the tackles. Usually what you see is what you get by the 4th season. I thought Ahmed would breakout this season and he was largely underwhelming as far as star power. He is dangerous but not consistent.

Sources said:

*Yousn't
    And this is why YOU'RE a faggot. I could point out all your typos and grammatical errors as well. But I don't because I don't need to do petty shit.

Sources said:

Sincerely,

MMFG = John Timu

Make sure your hotel in Hawaii has WiFi

edited February 2019

For the record Gaskin outran Ahmed straight up when they raced.

You can claim "game speed" differences but as far as raw talent is concerned, Ahmed is no significant upgrade over Gaskin in the speed category. He's so far a downgrade as far as vision and reading the play. I think he can put that together as the full tim back, but maybe not.

Run game won't be the rock it has been but it also won't need to be with a qb that can throw downfield.

Gaskin was all tim. Ahmed won't need to be to see similar production. I say all of this as a fan of Ahmed.

Yeah game speed is a huge difference between the two. That's obvious. Ahmed has a different gear.

By no means was Gaskin's vision perfect. He made mistakes, ran into his own lineman, and bounced shit outside and got tackled for losses as well. It's not a huge gap between the two when it comes to vision. Gaskin was just more consistent with his vision and that comes with getting more reps and having way more experience than Ahmed.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,123 Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

*Yousn't
    And this is why YOU'RE a faggot. I could point out all your typos and grammatical errors as well. But I don't because I don't need to do petty shit.