Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Sources said:

I wait for Eason to attempt a pass in a Husky uniform before I comment...thanks

He doesn't even need to be good for an improvement. Just not so bad he holds the team back like Browning did. Not a tough bar to clear.

Also, if he is that bad we do actually have depth and competition to supplant the starter now.
    As much as we hate Browning, I still think we underestimate just how much he held back the offense. I see people consistently criticize our WRs, and it's somewhat fair given their lack of production and some notable drops towards the end of the year. But the way I see it, we really don't know what we have in that group because Jake could only throw to about 40% of their route trees. And the throws that were there and within his range he often didn't attempt because his vision was so fucking poor.
    I agree with you about Browning. But the only other player to throw a meaningful pass at UW was terrible. You can’t really say anything until we actually see them in game action.

I’m personally rooting for Yankoff. If anything, he’s going to be good fodder for the board.
    I'll let Georgia know this wasn't "game action".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTdOojdEkmw
    This throw makes me as hard as a diamond (hi chatch!) but it is only one throw. His overall stats at Georgia were meh. Much better competition than the pac 12 makes me hopeful that he will be a stud but I’m in LIPO.

Main point though is he will be better than Browning, I don’t think anyone could deny that.
    That's true...but he also doesn't have Gaskin behind him, and Ridley to throw to. I'm not saying he sucks by any means. However, I really need to see how this guy plays on the field at UW before I make an assessment. I also don't pay much attention to coach and player speak. They'll say any non locker room cancer player is talented.

I felt the same way about Mariota when he won the starting job. Then in the first half of game one, he showed how special he was. Eason could very well be special, but I want to see it first.
    He didn't have Ridley to throw to his Freshman season. Georgia's receivers were average. His favorite target was his best friend and coke snorting buddy Isaac Ngata. The receivers were a bunch of Jaydon Mickens midget JAGS. Georgia has greatly improved their WR talent since then.

What difference does not having Gaskin make? UW has better talent at RB to replace him with and a very good O-line returning. Running the ball won't be a problem.

You're just reaching for straws bro. Just keep it real and say "I would rather hold out hope for the 0.01% chance Eason sucks instead of just accepting now the high likelihood he tears Oregon defense a new one with his amazing arm."
    Your continued underestimation of Gaskin is tiresome.
    It's not underestimation. He's good but he's not irreplaceable by any means or a huge loss. I'd bet Ahmed runs for more yards per carry than Gaskin did this past season. It's the same situation as losing John Timu and then he's replaced by Azeem Victor. Gaskin has my respect and was a great player for us but better talent is better talent. Gaskin is Timu and Ahmed is Victor.
    You're a literal retard if you think Ahmed is even half the running back Gaskin is.
    You're a retard if you don't. Ahmed will be better than Gaskin.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2019

Sources said:

He doesn't even need to be good for an improvement. Just not so bad he holds the team back like Browning did. Not a tough bar to clear.

Also, if he is that bad we do actually have depth and competition to supplant the starter now.
    As much as we hate Browning, I still think we underestimate just how much he held back the offense. I see people consistently criticize our WRs, and it's somewhat fair given their lack of production and some notable drops towards the end of the year. But the way I see it, we really don't know what we have in that group because Jake could only throw to about 40% of their route trees. And the throws that were there and within his range he often didn't attempt because his vision was so fucking poor.
    I agree with you about Browning. But the only other player to throw a meaningful pass at UW was terrible. You can’t really say anything until we actually see them in game action.

I’m personally rooting for Yankoff. If anything, he’s going to be good fodder for the board.

This throw makes me as hard as a diamond (hi chatch!) but it is only one throw. His overall stats at Georgia were meh. Much better competition than the pac 12 makes me hopeful that he will be a stud but I’m in LIPO.

Main point though is he will be better than Browning, I don’t think anyone could deny that.
    That's true...but he also doesn't have Gaskin behind him, and Ridley to throw to. I'm not saying he sucks by any means. However, I really need to see how this guy plays on the field at UW before I make an assessment. I also don't pay much attention to coach and player speak. They'll say any non locker room cancer player is talented.

I felt the same way about Mariota when he won the starting job. Then in the first half of game one, he showed how special he was. Eason could very well be special, but I want to see it first.
    He didn't have Ridley to throw to his Freshman season. Georgia's receivers were average. His favorite target was his best friend and coke snorting buddy Isaac Ngata. The receivers were a bunch of Jaydon Mickens midget JAGS. Georgia has greatly improved their WR talent since then.

What difference does not having Gaskin make? UW has better talent at RB to replace him with and a very good O-line returning. Running the ball won't be a problem.

You're just reaching for straws bro. Just keep it real and say "I would rather hold out hope for the 0.01% chance Eason sucks instead of just accepting now the high likelihood he tears Oregon defense a new one with his amazing arm."
    Your continued underestimation of Gaskin is tiresome.
    It's not underestimation. He's good but he's not irreplaceable by any means or a huge loss. I'd bet Ahmed runs for more yards per carry than Gaskin did this past season. It's the same situation as losing John Timu and then he's replaced by Azeem Victor. Gaskin has my respect and was a great player for us but better talent is better talent. Gaskin is Timu and Ahmed is Victor.
    You're a literal retard if you think Ahmed is even half the running back Gaskin is.
    Ahmed will be better than Gaskin.
    Are you serious?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2019

Sources said:

"What difference does not having Gaskin make? UW has better talent at RB to replace him"....saved

You have got to be kidding me...

Ahmed for sure has tremendous speed and good size. Unfortunately, his vision is terrible. When he hits the hole, he's great, but most often he misses it. You can't coach speed and athleticism, which Ahmed has over Gaskin. However, Gaskin's vision is what made him elite, and that you really can't teach. Gaskin turned lost yards and no gains into 5-6 yard plays or home runs, repeatedly. You are going to regret that comment because Gaskin isn't that far off from Napoleon Kaufman and Corey Dillon. To say Gaskin leaving isn't going to hurt is an insult to one of the best backs in UW history, and also an insult to your remaining brain cells.
    Ahmed has good vision and there are moments when he shows flashes of amazing vision and elusiveness. He just needs to make better decisions and be more decisive and stop trying to bounce everything to the outside just because he's fast. It's a learning process.

Kamari Pleasant ran for 5.1 yards per carry, Sean McGrew ran for 4.5 yards per carry, and Salvon Ahmed ran for 5.8 yards per carry. Gaskin ran for 4.9 yards per carry. It's not a big loss because the guys coming up behind him are good too.
    Gaskin had 4.9 yards per carry with one shoulder. Let's also not forget the Peterson basically ran him into the ground. Gaskin had 30 more carries this year with 1-2 fewer games than any season before. I'm also not impressed with 5.8 yards per carry with Ahmed's limited touches. People in Eugene were stoked about DeAnthony Thomas and his nearly 8.0 yards per carry heading into his Jr year. When he became the main point of the running game he dropped to just over 6 yards per carry. We'll see if Ahmed can keep his average going on a full workload.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Sources said:

He may not be special, but he checks a lot of boxes that Browning couldn't...things that severely hampered the offense. He's going to be a major upgrade at the position and bless he's a completely color blind blockhead. I doubt that will be the case against soft Pac 12 defenses.
    Really getting tired of coming back to my posts and seeing bizzare auto correct fuckups. Sorry all. "And bless" = unless, if that want obvious (it wasn't).

And fuck strongballz. Just fuck.

Ahmed is Luis Rankin with less tackle breaking and without the crazy legs cutting ability. Can here better? Sure. Has he yet? Fuck no. I'd take Rankin right now.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Passion said:

Passion said:

He's already "attempted a pass in Husky Stadium," and he did so against the best defense in the conference.

“He’s definitely given us a great look. He’s going to be a great quarterback for sure,” UW defensive tackle Greg Gaines said Saturday. “He’s got a hell of an arm.”

“It’s been awesome, and it’s been competitive,” Jimmy Lake said. “Our two hard-work days of the week — our Tuesday and Wednesday practices — we let him go. He has the scout card, but it’s like, ‘Eason, let’s go. Try to dice us up. Try to beat us.’ And it definitely made us better, for sure, to have an elite quarterback like that to face week in and week out.

Link: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/running-huskies-scout-team-5-star-qb-transfer-jacob-eason-definitely-made-us-better-uw-defense-says/

What do you expect them to say?
    We had 4 QBs on the roster last year that could've competed against the starting defense - Eason, Haener, Sirmon and Yankoff. The coaches went with Eason, and it wasn't a close call.

But you're probably right. He sucks.
    Find where I said he sucks. Spoiler alert...you won't.

I specifically said he didn't suck. I'm LIPO mode with him, as any reasonable outsider should be. Now if you want to get all butt hurt and put words in my mouth, then go ahead. It just reinforces how dumb you are.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

It's simple, if he goes to UW he'll have a great college experiencing shitting all over this shit conference and going to the playoffs. If he goes to Oregon, somebody on UW's defense will break him in half. You can either play against the best defense in practice every day and be challenged to get better or you can plateau at Oregon and play against UW's defense every year in live games and get your ass kicked with lesser quarterbacks throwing you the ball. From this point on, you do not want to playing in the the North division for any team besides UW. At Oregon, you'll be retard fighting the other North teams for second place. The choice is yours. But it's really not that difficult.

😂 UW has a real dynasty

They bout to.
    Why would UW be better next year?
    Because statistically Washington's defense has improved four years in row regardless of losing numerous big-time defensive players to the NFL over the years. Overall, UW's defense will be deeper and more talented than it's ever been during the Petersen era. There will be zero holes from a talent perspective at any position on defense. UW's biggest weakness on defense has been their pass rush from the edges. RS Sophomores Joe Tryon and Ariel Ngata, RS Freshman Zion Tupuola-Fetui, and true Freshman Laiatu Latu give UW the talent they need to vastly improve that weakness and turn it into a strength.

On offense, UW returns 4 out 5 starters on the offensive line. Former 1st-team All-Conference 6'8 LT Trey Adams returns healthy for his Senior season. 1st-team All-Conference Center Nick Harris returns for his Senior season. RG Jaxson Kirkland was a Freshman All-American last season. He returns for his RS Sophomore season and with another year of physical development under his belt, the 6'7 long-armed behemoth will compete for All-Conference honors. At RT, Jared Hilbers likely gets the nod. The 6'7 soon to be Senior started most of the season at LT for UW while filling in for Trey Adams and there was no noticeable drop off between the two. LG is the only question mark. Last season's starter RS Junior Luke Wattenberg returns but RS Sophomore Henry Bainivalu and RS Freshman Victor Curne are both a threat to beat him out for the starting job.

At QB, UW will experience a major change in QB talent. Browning and Eason are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to college QB talent. It's a massive difference in talent at the most important position on the field.

At RB, Salvon Ahmed looks to replace Myles Gaskin as UW's new primary back. Ahmed needs to improve his decision making but his talent exceeds Gaskin's and he's a homerun threat every time he touches the ball.

All of UW's receivers return from last season along with an infusion of talent from Chris Petersen's best WR class to date: Austin Osborne, Marquis Spiker, and Trey Lowe.

At TE UW returns the best receiving TE in the country, Hunter Bryant, and traditional TE Cade Otton who's a quality blocker and threat in the passing game as well.

On top of all of the returning talent, UW also has a soft non-conference schedule to break in new players at key positions and get everybody dialed in for conference play. UW's conference schedule is also extremely favorable with games against USC, Oregon, Utah, Cal and WSU all being at home. Their toughest game will likely be Stanford on the road and Stanford doesn't have much of a home field advantage with sparse crowds. Out of UW's 12 regular season games, 7 of them will be at home. UW is undefeated at home the past two seasons. Their road games will be at BYU, at Stanford, at Arizona, at Oregon State, and at Colorado. That's probably the easiest road schedule in the conference.

Does that suffice?

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

It's simple, if he goes to UW he'll have a great college experiencing shitting all over this shit conference and going to the playoffs. If he goes to Oregon, somebody on UW's defense will break him in half. You can either play against the best defense in practice every day and be challenged to get better or you can plateau at Oregon and play against UW's defense every year in live games and get your ass kicked with lesser quarterbacks throwing you the ball. From this point on, you do not want to playing in the the North division for any team besides UW. At Oregon, you'll be retard fighting the other North teams for second place. The choice is yours. But it's really not that difficult.

😂 UW has a real dynasty

They bout to.
    Why would UW be better next year?
    Because statistically Washington's defense has improved four years in row regardless of losing numerous big-time defensive players to the NFL over the years. Overall, UW's defense will be deeper and more talented than it's ever been during the Petersen era. There will be zero holes from a talent perspective at any position on defense. UW's biggest weakness on defense has been their pass rush from the edges. RS Sophomores Joe Tryon and Ariel Ngata, RS Freshman Zion Tupuola-Fetui, and true Freshman Laiatu Latu give UW the talent they need to vastly improve that weakness and turn it into a strength.

On offense, UW returns 4 out 5 starters on the offensive line. Former 1st-team All-Conference 6'8 LT Trey Adams returns healthy for his Senior season. 1st-team All-Conference Center Nick Harris returns for his Senior season. RG Jaxson Kirkland was a Freshman All-American last season. He returns for his RS Sophomore season and with another year of physical development under his belt, the 6'7 long-armed behemoth will compete for All-Conference honors. At RT, Jared Hilbers likely gets the nod. The 6'7 soon to be Senior started most of the season at LT for UW while filling in for Trey Adams and there was no noticeable drop off between the two. LG is the only question mark. Last season's starter RS Junior Luke Wattenberg returns but RS Sophomore Henry Bainivalu and RS Freshman Victor Curne are both a threat to beat him out for the starting job.

At QB, UW will experience a major change in QB talent. Browning and Eason are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to college QB talent. It's a massive difference in talent at the most important position on the field.

At RB, Salvon Ahmed looks to replace Myles Gaskin as UW's new primary back. Ahmed needs to improve his decision making but his talent exceeds Gaskin's and he's a homerun threat every time he touches the ball.

All of UW's receivers return from last season along with an infusion of talent from Chris Petersen's best WR class to date: Austin Osborne, Marquis Spiker, and Trey Lowe.

At TE UW returns the best receiving TE in the country, Hunter Bryant, and traditional TE Cade Otton who's a quality blocker and threat in the passing game as well.

On top of all of the returning talent, UW also has a soft non-conference schedule to break in new players at key positions and get everybody dialed in for conference play. UW's conference schedule is also extremely favorable with games against USC, Oregon, Utah, Cal and WSU all being at home. Their toughest game will likely be Stanford on the road and Stanford doesn't have much of a home field advantage with sparse crowds. Out of UW's 12 regular season games, 7 of them will be at home. UW is undefeated at home the past two seasons. Their road games will be at BYU, at Stanford, at Arizona, at Oregon State, and at Colorado. That's probably the easiest road schedule in the conference.

Does that suffice?
    Adams is a shell of himself (I would be concerned with him making it with back issues) and Hilbers is a stick and post OT. Also, Kirkland will always be limited physically. As much as Browning gets dogged, he made the OL look better than they were in pass pro. I can see pass pro being an issue next year with Eason back there.

We will see on Ahmed. Really was expecting more of him.

Part of why the defense had improved is the god awful offense in our conference. I would be supremely surprised if you defense improves. I just didn’t see dudes at ILB,

Tyron looked to come on but Ngata didn’t impress. The you got dudes who’ve never played.

Lol are you fucking nuts. Adams came back at the end of the season and as usual, didn't give up a sack. He's healthy. Shell of himself my ass. Hilbers is what? WTF does "stick and post OT" even mean? Hilbers dominated last season. He didn't have a single bad game. Not one. I can't even remember him giving up a sack. Dude was a pleasant surprise. He's finally realizing his potential which is very high. He's from Oregon btw. Kirkland is a beast. What physical limitations? He has some of the best feet on the team. He's super talented and works his ass off. Daddy taught him well. Pass pro won't be an issue dumbass. If anything it will get better because Browning was known for holding onto the ball way too long and running backwards when under pressure.
    Browning avoided sacks very well. If you don’t see that, you are being very hopeful. He had his dumbshit moments but on the whole he was good at escaping pressure. Also, Hilbers didn’t dominate but held his own. The reason Adams is coming back is because he has something to prove. Back issues are no joke.

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

Passion said:

He's already "attempted a pass in Husky Stadium," and he did so against the best defense in the conference.

“He’s definitely given us a great look. He’s going to be a great quarterback for sure,” UW defensive tackle Greg Gaines said Saturday. “He’s got a hell of an arm.”

“It’s been awesome, and it’s been competitive,” Jimmy Lake said. “Our two hard-work days of the week — our Tuesday and Wednesday practices — we let him go. He has the scout card, but it’s like, ‘Eason, let’s go. Try to dice us up. Try to beat us.’ And it definitely made us better, for sure, to have an elite quarterback like that to face week in and week out.

Link: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/running-huskies-scout-team-5-star-qb-transfer-jacob-eason-definitely-made-us-better-uw-defense-says/

We had 4 QBs on the roster last year that could've competed against the starting defense - Eason, Haener, Sirmon and Yankoff. The coaches went with Eason, and it wasn't a close call.

I specifically said he didn't suck. I'm LIPO mode with him, as any reasonable outsider should be. Now if you want to get all butt hurt and put words in my mouth, then go ahead. It just reinforces how dumb you are.
    Suggesting that players and coaches lauded Eason because "what else are they supposed to say" actually shows that you're a boob.

You're also a little pathetic considering you're a fan of the trash in eugene but you spend so much time here. Pretty sad.
  • Options

John fucking Timu. Seriously.

He was a good player for us and he's an NFL player. Many were worried about losing him. Then Victor exploded on the scene and nobody missed Timu. Ahmed will explode on the scene and nobody will miss Gaskin as a player.
    Was Timu that guy who had that brutal dropped pick that would have been a walk in 6?
  • Options
    Sources said:

John fucking Timu. Seriously.

He was a good player for us and he's an NFL player. Many were worried about losing him. Then Victor exploded on the scene and nobody missed Timu. Ahmed will explode on the scene and nobody will miss Gaskin as a player.
    Gaskin is a generational talent. Ahmed is a change of pace back.

My advice is that you navigate to your start menu, select "shut down", and kill yourself.
    Generational talent? Jesus you're so fucking stupid and doogish and know nothing about talent. You're blinding homerism is insane. Gaskin is no more talented than really any RB on UW's roster except Sean McGrew. He's small, lacks power, and lacks break away speed. He has the body of a high school running back. Vision, quick feet, great lateral movement, great hands, durability, and consistency are his strengths. Generational talent is Saquan Barkley type talent. Gaskin was a great player for us, but a regular talent.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Suggesting that players and coaches lauded Eason because "what else are they supposed to say" actually shows that you're a boob.

You're also a little pathetic considering you're a fan of the trash in eugene but you spend so much time here. Pretty sad.
    Nothing says I love Dawgman quite like Oregon fan on a UW message board smack...

They were posed a question on Eason, do you really think if he was average, they would say that? Hell no...

I'm also not saying the coaches are lying, but I need to see it on the field before I take what they say to heart.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion this is almost as dumb as Ballz' Gaskin argument.

Scout team QBs always get hyped. Especially ones that are big time former 5* transfers from Georgia. The statements are meaningless.

And touting that he beat out two freshmen and a midget QB that nobody wanted is nearly as meaningless.
  • Options

Sources said:

"What difference does not having Gaskin make? UW has better talent at RB to replace him"....saved

You have got to be kidding me...

Ahmed for sure has tremendous speed and good size. Unfortunately, his vision is terrible. When he hits the hole, he's great, but most often he misses it. You can't coach speed and athleticism, which Ahmed has over Gaskin. However, Gaskin's vision is what made him elite, and that you really can't teach. Gaskin turned lost yards and no gains into 5-6 yard plays or home runs, repeatedly. You are going to regret that comment because Gaskin isn't that far off from Napoleon Kaufman and Corey Dillon. To say Gaskin leaving isn't going to hurt is an insult to one of the best backs in UW history, and also an insult to your remaining brain cells.
    Ahmed has good vision and there are moments when he shows flashes of amazing vision and elusiveness. He just needs to make better decisions and be more decisive and stop trying to bounce everything to the outside just because he's fast. It's a learning process.

Kamari Pleasant ran for 5.1 yards per carry, Sean McGrew ran for 4.5 yards per carry, and Salvon Ahmed ran for 5.8 yards per carry. Gaskin ran for 4.9 yards per carry. It's not a big loss because the guys coming up behind him are good too.
    Gaskin had 4.9 yards per carry with one shoulder. Let's also not forget the Peterson basically ran him into the ground. Gaskin had 30 more carries this year with 1-2 fewer games than any season before. I'm also not impressed with 5.8 yards per carry with Ahmed's limited touches. People in Eugene were stoked about DeAnthony Thomas and his nearly 8.0 yards per carry heading into his Jr year. When he became the main point of the running game he dropped to just over 6 yards per carry. We'll see if Ahmed can keep his average going on a full workload.
    A shoulder injury really doesn't affect what your legs do as a RUNNING back. He wasn't run into the ground. UW rotated in the other backs a good amount. Cool story bro but Deanthony Thomas is irrelevant to Salvon Ahmed.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    why does Ruth want to ruin every thread?