Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

Passion said:

oregon is a shit school and eugene is a shit town. The only reason it’s even on the map is because one alumni dumped in a bunch of money to build some gaudy toys that attract children, and because they skirt the rules.

It’s like a Honda Civic with a tail on the trunk, ground effect lights, tinted windows and shiny red paint. At the end of the day it’s still a civic.

@2001400ex true?!?!
    I would say Oregon is worse than Honda.
    But better than Hondo
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW
    Interior DL: Massive change, but similarly effective.
    OLB: All back plus Latu, so slight improvement at worst.
    ILB: Losing an All-American will hurt (fuck your WFTs, he was good), full stop. It's saved-by-freshmen or bust here.
    DB: Even more chaos than DL, but they're going to be good. Push.
    OL: Push. Long explanation redacted.
    TE: ...maybe better? Lose NFLer, gain full season of Bryant.
    WR: Same guys, so same guys. Another long rant redacted.
    RB: Sorry Ballz, only place I'm not dooging with you. It's exactly "talent" where Gaskin had such an edge over everyone else on the roster. Either Cam Davis is another 2015 Gaskin, or nosedive here.
    QB: First change in five years, so at least there's hope for substantive change in the offense. That being said, QB is always a crapshoot, and strong arm doesn't always equal better player. WTF me right in the ass, but Skinny's not the savior until he is. Push.

Oregon
    QB: Still Herbert. Sorry, no need for further analysis after that. Expect a deviation of no more than one win until a change at the most important position is made. Quooking for your team? Ask Husky fans how that worked out the last two seasons. Only difference is the purple guys had a real coaching staff and mature program to surround the returning QB with, so the glass ceiling was 10 wins as opposed to 8.

Great thread choice, I know, but Ballz and Mooster started it.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2019
    I don't know if this has already been posted in the last 300+ unread posts, but Blair Angulo said on the radio the other night that he expected a decision by Nacua by the end of this week (he felt it would be Friday).
  • Options
    edited February 2019

I wait for Eason to attempt a pass in a Husky uniform before I comment...thanks

He doesn't even need to be good for an improvement. Just not so bad he holds the team back like Browning did. Not a tough bar to clear.

Also, if he is that bad we do actually have depth and competition to supplant the starter now.
    As much as we hate Browning, I still think we underestimate just how much he held back the offense. I see people consistently criticize our WRs, and it's somewhat fair given their lack of production and some notable drops towards the end of the year. But the way I see it, we really don't know what we have in that group because Jake could only throw to about 40% of their route trees. And the throws that were there and within his range he often didn't attempt because his vision was so fucking poor.
    I agree with you about Browning. But the only other player to throw a meaningful pass at UW was terrible. You can’t really say anything until we actually see them in game action.

I’m personally rooting for Yankoff. If anything, he’s going to be good fodder for the board.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

He's already "attempted a pass in Husky Stadium," and he did so against the best defense in the conference.

“He’s definitely given us a great look. He’s going to be a great quarterback for sure,” UW defensive tackle Greg Gaines said Saturday. “He’s got a hell of an arm.”

“It’s been awesome, and it’s been competitive,” Jimmy Lake said. “Our two hard-work days of the week — our Tuesday and Wednesday practices — we let him go. He has the scout card, but it’s like, ‘Eason, let’s go. Try to dice us up. Try to beat us.’ And it definitely made us better, for sure, to have an elite quarterback like that to face week in and week out.

Link: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/running-huskies-scout-team-5-star-qb-transfer-jacob-eason-definitely-made-us-better-uw-defense-says/
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Happy Friday! Don't mind me, I'll just be refreshing @AsapPuka 247Sports profile waiting for the CBs to start dropping😂

— Melissa💜 (@Lissa_LovesYou) February 8, 2019

Jonah T's mom dropping hints.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Happy Friday! Don't mind me, I'll just be refreshing @AsapPuka 247Sports profile waiting for the CBs to start dropping😂

— Melissa💜 (@Lissa_LovesYou) February 8, 2019

Jonah T's mom dropping hints.

If she would have refreshed HH she would have known I CB'ed him to Oregon already.

'Gratz.
  • Options
    Sources said:

He doesn't even need to be good for an improvement. Just not so bad he holds the team back like Browning did. Not a tough bar to clear.

Also, if he is that bad we do actually have depth and competition to supplant the starter now.
    As much as we hate Browning, I still think we underestimate just how much he held back the offense. I see people consistently criticize our WRs, and it's somewhat fair given their lack of production and some notable drops towards the end of the year. But the way I see it, we really don't know what we have in that group because Jake could only throw to about 40% of their route trees. And the throws that were there and within his range he often didn't attempt because his vision was so fucking poor.
    I agree with you about Browning. But the only other player to throw a meaningful pass at UW was terrible. You can’t really say anything until we actually see them in game action.

I’m personally rooting for Yankoff. If anything, he’s going to be good fodder for the board.
    I'll let Georgia know this wasn't "game action".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTdOojdEkmw
    Not the same system
  • Options
    Passion said:

He's already "attempted a pass in Husky Stadium," and he did so against the best defense in the conference.

“He’s definitely given us a great look. He’s going to be a great quarterback for sure,” UW defensive tackle Greg Gaines said Saturday. “He’s got a hell of an arm.”

“It’s been awesome, and it’s been competitive,” Jimmy Lake said. “Our two hard-work days of the week — our Tuesday and Wednesday practices — we let him go. He has the scout card, but it’s like, ‘Eason, let’s go. Try to dice us up. Try to beat us.’ And it definitely made us better, for sure, to have an elite quarterback like that to face week in and week out.

Link: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/running-huskies-scout-team-5-star-qb-transfer-jacob-eason-definitely-made-us-better-uw-defense-says/

What do you expect them to say?
  • Options

Sources said:

This throw makes me as hard as a diamond (hi chatch!) but it is only one throw. His overall stats at Georgia were meh. Much better competition than the pac 12 makes me hopeful that he will be a stud but I’m in LIPO.

Main point though is he will be better than Browning, I don’t think anyone could deny that.
    That's true...but he also doesn't have Gaskin behind him, and Ridley to throw to. I'm not saying he sucks by any means. However, I really need to see how this guy plays on the field at UW before I make an assessment. I also don't pay much attention to coach and player speak. They'll say any non locker room cancer player is talented.

I felt the same way about Mariota when he won the starting job. Then in the first half of game one, he showed how special he was. Eason could very well be special, but I want to see it first.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2019

If she would have refreshed HH she would have known I CB'ed him to Oregon already.

'Gratz.

If we're doing these on HH, I'm flagging every one of them unless they're called Cristoballz
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

Wow at 0:28