Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Cliffnotes:

oregon is trying to hire a ttu guy to be their wr coach. A guy who coached at Utah State and recruited Orem. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out the reason. According to roof they aren't willing to pay him what he wants tho.
    Also says that Cristobal is from Miami so he pays guys.

Mom says this will likely go until Friday. Kind of seems like she's running the recruitment at this point.

• Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

Cliffnotes:

oregon is trying to hire a ttu guy to be their wr coach. A guy who coached at Utah State and recruited Orem. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out the reason. According to roof they aren't willing to pay him what he wants tho.

Mom says this will likely go until Friday. Kind of seems like she's running the recruitment at this point.

This we knew.

If you didn't know Cristobal paid, you suck.

If you don't see how in his first year, he lands the #1 recruit, who signs and then says something along the lines of "I better get that bag," and you think he isn't paying, I can't help you.

When Puka Nacua's mom was reported by LMC to be running his recruitment for money, then fishy shit makes it seem like that's what she is doing, and all of a sudden Oregon jumps to the top of his list 3 weeks out...

Draw your conclusions.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,418
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

dhdawg said:

Cliffnotes:

This we knew.

If you don't see how in his first year, he lands the #1 recruit, who signs and then says something along the lines of "I better get that bag," and you think he isn't paying, I can't help you.

When Puka Nacua's mom was reported by LMC to be running his recruitment for money, then fishy shit makes it seem like that's what she is doing, and all of a sudden Oregon jumps to the top of his list 3 weeks out...

Draw your conclusions.
    My conclusion is this whole money thing is ridiculously overplayed. I'm sure it exists but maybe for 5% or less of the recruiting population. It's just another excuse for having low standards. Jesus good salespeople adapt. If you're competing against someone you suspects pays then sell them on the idea of bigger long term money because you're going to develop them into a higher draft pick.
    Right because the top 5% are noted for long term strategic thinking. They take it as fact that they will get paid big in three years

Meantime still need money
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

dhdawg said:

Cliffnotes:

This we knew.

Draw your conclusions.
    My conclusion is this whole money thing is ridiculously overplayed. I'm sure it exists but maybe for 5% or less of the recruiting population. It's just another excuse for having low standards. Jesus good salespeople adapt. If you're competing against someone you suspects pays then sell them on the idea of bigger long term money because you're going to develop them into a higher draft pick.
    Right because the top 5% are noted for long term strategic thinking. They take it as fact that they will get paid big in three years

Meantime still need money
    That's why its called sales. Or just roll over. And I have yet to notice any recruit on a visit with holes in their shoes. They might want money, they don't need it. Sell.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We're actually advocating to not roll over but thanks for hopping on
  • Options

Yeah I'm pretty sure Petersen is gonna buy into bagging. Probably already got 3 or 4 layers set up.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you want to play with the big boys

Or we can pretend you're right and 120 years of college football history are wrong and recruits don't get paid

See 1991 - it actually was not just fruit baskets

In fact in the 90's there was a nice rhythm, win a natty go on probation

I bet you think Willie Lyles was telling kids to wait for that big payday the last time UO started getting big name recruits
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,931
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Unless you’re into butt stuff and then yes, roll over.
  • Options

If you want to play with the big boys

Or we can pretend you're right and 120 years of college football history are wrong and recruits don't get paid

See 1991 - it actually was not just fruit baskets

In fact in the 90's there was a nice rhythm, win a natty go on probation

I bet you think Willie Lyles was telling kids to wait for that big payday the last time UO started getting big name recruits

Irrelevant. At least for the next 10 years while Petersen is here.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

At the moment this is Oregon's top candidate for the WR job. Not an OKG type of name.

And this Biletnikoff producing dick played us for a raise:

His goatee looks like the pubic thatch of an old Armenian prostitute.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dhdawg said:

Cliffnotes:

Lol so Cristoball has taken the Romar approach to recruiting. Terrific.
    I'd be 100% fine with this.