Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    edited February 2019
    Canadawg said:

I'm late for all the RB nonsense but for what it's worth Achmed is clearly afraid to get hit. Not sure if you can train that out of someone....

Had high hopes for him in 2018 but he didn't make any progress so it looks to me like he will continue to be a gimmicky back that goes down on first contact. That is if he doesnt start trying to QB slide.

This is true, he definitely shies away from contact. That can improve somewhat but by no means will he ever be a banger like Chris Polk. But when he's fast enough to just run right past people and get yards that way it doesn't matter. There's a bunch of different ways to skin a cat. There's nothing gimmicky about him. He's been a real RB his whole life. UW using him in the "chico role" was just to get him on the field with Gaskin. Now that Gaskin is out of his way he has more of an opportunity to show off his ability as a true RB. How is 5.8 yards per carry not making progress?
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,358 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I'm late for all the RB nonsense but for what it's worth Achmed is clearly afraid to get hit. Not sure if you can train that out of someone....

Had high hopes for him in 2018 but he didn't make any progress so it looks to me like he will continue to be a gimmicky back that goes down on first contact. That is if he doesnt start trying to QB slide.

So we finally pull this thread out of AIDS infested waters just so you could bring the AIDS of spelling Salvon’s last name wrong and saying he’s afraid of to get hit which is not very quantifiable without film examples. So I must say, thanks for being the absolute worst. Go take your shitty takes to doogman please.
    If you think Awkmad is an in between the tackles runner then you've been watching the wrong huskies. UCon?? Taking my takes to the other thread
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

Canadawg said:

This is true, he definitely shies away from contact. That can improve somewhat but by no means will he ever be a banger like Chris Polk. But when he's fast enough to just run right past people and get yards that way it doesn't matter. There's a bunch of different ways to skin a cat. There's nothing gimmicky about him. He's been a real RB his whole life. UW using him in the "chico role" was just to get him on the field with Gaskin. Now that Gaskin is out of his way he has more of an opportunity to show off his ability as a true RB. How is 5.8 yards per carry not making progress?
    5.8 yards per carry on 90 touches (many being sweeps) is different than 5.8 yards per carry on 230 touches. Ahmed has never had to grind out yardage throughout a game. We'll see if he can this season.
    There is no arguing with him. UW is going dynasty next season.
    edited February 2019
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

So we finally pull this thread out of AIDS infested waters just so you could bring the AIDS of spelling Salvon’s last name wrong and saying he’s afraid of to get hit which is not very quantifiable without film examples. So I must say, thanks for being the absolute worst. Go take your shitty takes to doogman please.
    If you think Awkmad is an in between the tackles runner then you've been watching the wrong huskies. UCon?? Taking my takes to the other thread
    Dude he's been a RB since he was like 8 years old. He can run inside and outside. He needs to be coached better and that's it. He's the most talented RB Chris Petersen has ever signed. If Ahmed isn't a breakout star for us next season KB needs to be fired immediately. He can run in traffic, between the tackles, whatever, he can do it all. He just needs to carry the fucking ball more than 8 fucking times per game. He needs fucking experience. Gaskin got to come in and be the starter mid way through his true Freshman season. Ahmed has had to be second fiddle thus far even though everybody and their mother knows he's the most talented RB on the fucking team. Go ahead and remind yourself how good he can be. This kid is fucking special and will make you eat your fucking words:

https://youtu.be/iFP6JC_offk
    edited February 2019

Canadawg said:

5.8 yards per carry on 90 touches (many being sweeps) is different than 5.8 yards per carry on 230 touches. Ahmed has never had to grind out yardage throughout a game. We'll see if he can this season.
    It was 104 touches and maybe 10% of them were fucking sweeps you idiot. He got the ball on a sweep maybe once per game. That was 2017 you're thinking of.
    lawsandl said:

Canadawg said:

Three conference championships in fours years and two playoff appearances in four years would certainly have them on their way to becoming a dynasty and the premiere program out West.
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    lawsandl said:

Canadawg said:

I know you base your whole season on one game, but you can’t be a dynasty for one season.
    Domicillo said:
    Are there any parents more obnoxious than Oregon parents? STFU hoe.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    "hey lissa... I'll let you know when the party starts once the bitcoin gets transfered but until then please stay off the twitter shhhhhhh..."
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

lawsandl said:

Canadawg said:

I know you base your whole season on one game, but you can’t be a dynasty for one season.
    Lol. Nope Oregon is 4 year removed from the NC. That’s ripe.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Domicillo said:
    Coming from the guy that had half of The 100+ page Asa Turner recruiting thread.

Domicillo said:
    Coming from the guy that had half of The 100+ page Asa Turner recruiting thread.
    Actually it was mostly Domers trolling and a debate about which school has better academics between UW and Notre Dame. I left the Asa stuff alone for a while. I'm not posting on an Oregon board or on Twitter begging for crystal balls. Jesus Christ.
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Canadawg said:

Lol. Nope Oregon is 4 year removed from the NC. That’s ripe.
    And in just four years your program completely collapsed and will never get back to that level of success ever again.

Domicillo said:
    Actually it was mostly Domers trolling and a debate about which school has better academics between UW and Notre Dame. I left the Asa stuff alone for a while. I'm not posting on an Oregon board or on Twitter begging for crystal balls. Jesus Christ.
    No, but a few of the guys here were
    edited February 2019

Domicillo said:
    I wouldn't know and don't care.

Domicillo said:
    I wouldn't know and don't care.
    I think you do...