Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jaden McDaniels (Federal Way) (COMMITTED) (EMFA KENTUCKY)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

So he is gone right...?

Man, what a cool 17 games for UW basketball though.

Ankle injury maybe?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,905
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Is crazy how we can win when we dont have a guy throwing up and missing 10 terrible shots a game (which are essentially the same thing as turnovers when we cant rebound)
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854

We have the best frontcourt in the country and it’s not really even close.

Nate Roberts is a lot further along than I expected. I expect him to take a lot of Hameir’s minutes, he looked awesome against Pistoia. Super active on the defensive end and on the glass.

This didn't age well....

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,354
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nothing about Husky basketball aged well
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854

Nothing about Husky basketball aged well

Jen's tits have drooped considerably....

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,354
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hop is the man

Elite recruits

Final Four

Or not
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,981
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2020

Hop is the man

Elite recruits

Final Four

Or not

this was a Final 4 team until it wasn't
    One of btp’s hottest takes. All based off of jacking off over beating up teams on the Italian retard tour.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2020

Hop is the man

Elite recruits

Final Four

Or not

this was a Final 4 team until it wasn't
    One of btp’s hottest takes. All based off of jacking off over beating up teams on the Italian retard tour.
    “He looked awesome against pistoia” needs to be in the copy pasta rotation.

Were those games even broadcast or was he just box score reading?
  • Options

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

I get it, it's fun to dream, but an Elite 8 would be fantastic to me.

We're talking about a coach who has one exactly one tournament game and a program that hasn't been past the sweet 16 since 19 fucking 53.

We won't be top 10 preseason. Getting to the E8 would be a huge huge step.
    Should also be noted it's going to be a ROUGH road for whatever team wins the conference, even given the class we have, Arizona AND USC are ahead of us in rankings, and Oregon is only 4 spots back.

There's been nothing but big dick energy from Hopkins so far, he'll need to keep it going.
    We have the two best players in the conference we’ll be fine.
    " ;) "
  • Options
    Doogles said:

I know all-star game bullshit, but Stewart consistently dominated all that shit and was getting shout outs from his peers as a guy that impressed from practice.

I expect him to be very good out the gate.

I could see McDaniels being a little disappointing or things taking awhile to click.

I do like the idea of Stewart pushing McDaniels/team behind the scenes with his work ethic. That seems to be the knock on Jaden is he doesn't go 100% so hopefully Stewarts presence changes that.

The 100% narrative is dumb.

• Options

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I know all-star game bullshit, but Stewart consistently dominated all that shit and was getting shout outs from his peers as a guy that impressed from practice.

I could see McDaniels being a little disappointing or things taking awhile to click.

I do like the idea of Stewart pushing McDaniels/team behind the scenes with his work ethic. That seems to be the knock on Jaden is he doesn't go 100% so hopefully Stewarts presence changes that.

Why
    Because he didn’t have to try in HS ball. He tried and dominated the EYBL circuit last summer and that’s why he blew up.
    So you're literally admitting he didn't try in HS ball in an effort to prove the "he doesn't give 100%" narrative wrong?

I don't know the answer to the question, but that's one hell of a tactic.
    My point is when he was challenged against better players he tried. When are you playing fucking Pumpy Jr @ Ennumclaw you don’t even to try with his level talent to get 28 and 12. The point is he’ll play hard next year. I don’t understand the effort thing that is used to drop dudes in like the top 50 of dudes. It’s all about skillsets and Jaden works hard.
    He’s good and will be a high pick based on his potential. That said, he lacks a killer mindset, his shot is above average but not great, and he’s too small to dominate around the hoop.

Stewart is too big, too strong, and has too high of motor not to dominate. It’s a sure thing.

I see a 12-14 points and 6-8 rebounds guy. A good second or third option that has a game that is still growing, but we will only get one year. I am excited about his length in the zone and I’m pumped we got him, but he’s not Kevin Durant.
    Jaden will get 16-17 game. Best part of his game is his shot making.
    I'm in the 14-16 range. He's going to be good. He's not going to be a superstar at UW.
    DOOG
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Jaden was like the 13th best player who participated in today’s game. Shockingly bad
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

Jaden was like the 13th best player who participated in today’s game. Shockingly bad
    He's obviously better than he played today.

Butt still.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    He can LEAVE and take Hop with him.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    He’s bad. He’s actually not good at all. If Hop has a pair he would bench him
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Why
    Because he didn’t have to try in HS ball. He tried and dominated the EYBL circuit last summer and that’s why he blew up.
    So you're literally admitting he didn't try in HS ball in an effort to prove the "he doesn't give 100%" narrative wrong?

My point is when he was challenged against better players he tried. When are you playing fucking Pumpy Jr @ Ennumclaw you don’t even to try with his level talent to get 28 and 12. The point is he’ll play hard next year. I don’t understand the effort thing that is used to drop dudes in like the top 50 of dudes. It’s all about skillsets and Jaden works hard.
    He’s good and will be a high pick based on his potential. That said, he lacks a killer mindset, his shot is above average but not great, and he’s too small to dominate around the hoop.

Stewart is too big, too strong, and has too high of motor not to dominate. It’s a sure thing.

I see a 12-14 points and 6-8 rebounds guy. A good second or third option that has a game that is still growing, but we will only get one year. I am excited about his length in the zone and I’m pumped we got him, but he’s not Kevin Durant.
    I was first to note that McDaniels couldn’t shoot.
    Which is shocking, because what the fuck is all the hype for if he can't shoot? His ball handling is reckless and he can't bang inside. He's a decent defender and I guess that's the extent of his college skill set.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Why

I was first to note that McDaniels couldn’t shoot.
    Which is shocking, because what the fuck is all the hype for if he can't shoot? His ball handling is reckless and he can't bang inside. He's a decent defender and I guess that's the extent of his college skill set.
    He does a little of everything. He does nothing particularly well.