Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jaden McDaniels (Federal Way) (COMMITTED) (EMFA KENTUCKY)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Gladstone said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

I get it, it's fun to dream, but an Elite 8 would be fantastic to me.

We're talking about a coach who has one exactly one tournament game and a program that hasn't been past the sweet 16 since 19 fucking 53.

We won't be top 10 preseason. Getting to the E8 would be a huge huge step.
    Should also be noted it's going to be a ROUGH road for whatever team wins the conference, even given the class we have, Arizona AND USC are ahead of us in rankings, and Oregon is only 4 spots back.

There's been nothing but big dick energy from Hopkins so far, he'll need to keep it going.
    We have the two best players in the conference we’ll be fine.
    I’ll wager a large amount of money Stewart and McDaniels won’t be the best two players in the conference. Two of the top 5, maybe.

We’re not talking Zion and Barrett.
    I buy Stewart as a possible best player in the conference. McDaniels isn’t.
    McDaniels will be better than Tinkle or Mannion. Stewart will be the best player in the conference
    If you expect Stewart and McDaniels to both be better than 20 and 8 you’re almost assuredly going to be disappointed.
    Lol because Tinkle is the only good option on OSU. Doesn’t mean that Jaden and Isaiah aren’t better options. Isaiah is going to get like 18 11 and 2.
    If Oregon State only had one player and still had a winning season in conference that player must be pretty damn good.

You're talking about a highly productive fifth year senior versus two true freshman.

You're nuts if you take the freshmen.
    You realize how fucking awful the Pac-12 was last year?
    That doesn't really refute anything. Oregon State finished 85th in the NET. If that was a one-man Tinkle show (new board motto?) then Tinkle is really fucking good for carrying his team to a top 100 ranking. If that wasn't a one-man Tinkle show then he's really fucking good for putting up those numbers despite not being the sole provider of offense.

Anyways, we already know the answer is the latter because the Thompson brothers are good too. And Tinkle is poised to be the best player in the conference next year. I don't know why you're fighting that so hard.
    He's just dooging extra right now.

I get it, I remember my first multi five star class, I was mostly the same way.

He's inevitably going to be disappointed. Just part of it I guess.
    Multi 5 star class? Are you talking about softball?
    Should we tell him?
    They had another 5 star on the team too

hth

Who?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Gladstone said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

We're talking about a coach who has one exactly one tournament game and a program that hasn't been past the sweet 16 since 19 fucking 53.

Should also be noted it's going to be a ROUGH road for whatever team wins the conference, even given the class we have, Arizona AND USC are ahead of us in rankings, and Oregon is only 4 spots back.

There's been nothing but big dick energy from Hopkins so far, he'll need to keep it going.
    I’ll wager a large amount of money Stewart and McDaniels won’t be the best two players in the conference. Two of the top 5, maybe.

McDaniels will be better than Tinkle or Mannion. Stewart will be the best player in the conference
    If you expect Stewart and McDaniels to both be better than 20 and 8 you’re almost assuredly going to be disappointed.
    Lol because Tinkle is the only good option on OSU. Doesn’t mean that Jaden and Isaiah aren’t better options. Isaiah is going to get like 18 11 and 2.
    If Oregon State only had one player and still had a winning season in conference that player must be pretty damn good.

You're talking about a highly productive fifth year senior versus two true freshman.

That doesn't really refute anything. Oregon State finished 85th in the NET. If that was a one-man Tinkle show (new board motto?) then Tinkle is really fucking good for carrying his team to a top 100 ranking. If that wasn't a one-man Tinkle show then he's really fucking good for putting up those numbers despite not being the sole provider of offense.

Anyways, we already know the answer is the latter because the Thompson brothers are good too. And Tinkle is poised to be the best player in the conference next year. I don't know why you're fighting that so hard.

Should we tell him?

hth

Pondexter was nowhere near the caliber recruit of McDaniels yet alone Stewart. Also Hop can coach hth!
    No shit. I'm not saying these guys won't go to the tourney. I'm just saying they are going to disappoint any doog idiot who thinks they'll be the best two players in the conference as true frosh.

hth
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

Should we tell him?

hth

Pondexter was nowhere near the caliber recruit of McDaniels yet alone Stewart. Also Hop can coach hth!
    Anyways, you're missing the point again. If you had been around to see a front court of Brockman and Hawes fail to even make the NIT then you'd be dialing back the doog just a little bit. On paper this roster is more talented than the 06-07 squad, but there's a lot of ways this can go south, especially with such an unknown quantity at the guard spots.
    One thing promising is that hop looks like he can coach
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

Gladstone said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

Should we tell him?

hth

Anyways, you're missing the point again. If you had been around to see a front court of Brockman and Hawes fail to even make the NIT then you'd be dialing back the doog just a little bit. On paper this roster is more talented than the 06-07 squad, but there's a lot of ways this can go south, especially with such an unknown quantity at the guard spots.
    One thing promising is that hop looks like he can coach defense
  • Options
    Avatarsare4fagsAvatarsare4fags Member Posts: 125
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

FirePete said:

Gladstone said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

Should we tell him?

hth

While everybody blames Browning running the gridiron offense into the ground, people forget that Crisp did the same thing on the hardwood.

People forget that
  • Options
    QUADE GREEN CAN FUCKING PLAY YOU FUCKTARDS HE’S FUCKING GOOD. HE JUST WASN’T A GOOD FIT AT KENTUCKY WHICH ISN’T AN ISSUE FOR US. KID CAN FUCKING SHOOT, HANDLE, AND DISTRBUTE. WE ARE GOING TO RUN A TRAIN ON THE P-12 AND YOU’RE A FAG IF YOU DON’T EXPECT THAT.
  • Options

QUADE GREEN CAN FUCKING PLAY YOU FUCKTARDS HE’S FUCKING GOOD. HE JUST WASN’T A GOOD FIT AT KENTUCKY WHICH ISN’T AN ISSUE FOR US. KID CAN FUCKING SHOOT, HANDLE, AND DISTRBUTE. WE ARE GOING TO RUN A TRAIN ON THE P-12 AND YOU’RE A FAG IF YOU DON’T EXPECT THAT.

pressing
  • Options
    Avatarsare4fagsAvatarsare4fags Member Posts: 125
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

FirePete said:

Gladstone said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

Should we tell him?

hth

While everybody blames Browning running the gridiron offense into the ground, people forget that Crisp did the same thing on the hardwood.

People forget that
    Crisp at least had spells of offense, especially from the 3-point line, that won us some games. Browning never did anything to win us a single game, save for maybe 2017 Utah.
    Him hitting some 3s just proves that he was a mediocre 2 guard. He still did nothing at the point.

Its a definite addition by subtraction which should show that Hop knows a little about offense as well. I haven't seen many good offenses that had a shitty PG
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,203
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

Should we tell him?

hth

Romar can't coach. Hop can. There's no parallel reason to temper expectations based on past failure. Let @backthepack doog.

• Options

Gladstone said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

Should we tell him?

hth

Romar can't coach. Hop can. There's no parallel reason to temper expectations based on past failure. Let @backthepack doog.

Hop has won one NCAA tournament game.

I think he can probably coach too, but he hasn't exactly proven himself as more than a recruiter yet.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think we win the P12. I just don't think Jaden is going to be Kevin Durant.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

I think we win the P12. I just don't think Jaden is going to be Kevin Durant.
    I didn’t say he was. I said he’d be somewhere in between KD and Jonathan isaac
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Might as well not even play the games to win the pac-12
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I am still traumatized from Abdul Gaddy so I have an irrational fear about Quade.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

I am still traumatized from Abdul Gaddy so I have an irrational fear about Quade.

He can shoot the 3, and did so at Kentucky. That, in and of itself, is enough value.

Also, Stewart will average 17 and 11. He'll get three easy buckets a game just off of his energy and motor, and should get to the free throw line regularly.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

2001400ex said:

He can shoot the 3, and did so at Kentucky. That, in and of itself, is enough value.

Also, Stewart will average 17 and 11. He'll get three easy buckets a game just off of his energy and motor, and should get to the free throw line regularly.
    Agree with this, though I’m interested to see how he rebounds out of Hop’s zone. In a man scheme I definitely think he’d pull 11 per, not sure in this one.
  • Options
    ShenexonShenexon Member Posts: 63
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Gladstone said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

Should we tell him?

hth

Hop has won one NCAA tournament game.

I think he can probably coach too, but he hasn't exactly proven himself as more than a recruiter yet.
    If you think that the success Boeheim had over the 20 years prior to Hopkins becoming the UW head coach wasn't partly attributable to Hop, I'd beg to differ. He has a lot of experience that gets overlooked. With Boeheim, he went to the NCAA 15 times I think, and 3 championship games. Hopkins ran practices for many successful teams for Boeheim and think he's under-rated overall but with lots of promise. Boeheim's only championship was led by 2 freshmen...