Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jaden McDaniels (Federal Way) (COMMITTED) (EMFA KENTUCKY)

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

But in Basketball.

What’s that? EMFA you say? Don’t mind if I do!!
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    jecornel said:

So Jayden McDaniels isn’t signing a letter of intent. He signed a financial agreement instead. That lets him still change his mind before school starts. Sounds like if Nowell comes back he’s going to go somewhere else.

Are you, uhh, a bit, uhhhh, slow? I get these vibes often. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,311
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

That mother fucker stole my identity!!!!!

Time to fuck shit up.

Wrong gif:

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,311
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Aw! Fuck your... over three hours, @NEsnake12!

Goddammit...
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,598
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

So Jayden McDaniels isn’t signing a letter of intent. He signed a financial agreement instead. That lets him still change his mind before school starts. Sounds like if Nowell comes back he’s going to go somewhere else.

Are you, uhh, a bit, uhhhh, slow? I get these vibes often. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    You are easily triggered buddy. Deep breath.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    What does he think playing for an NBA team for 82 games a season will be like?

You mean to tell me we missed on a guy who can't grasp the media attention that comes with an NBA career?

Dodged. A. Bullet.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    He would have never meshed here. He either wants to play at a school he can put minimal effort into, wants to be the star with no risk of someone else taking over the spot light, or wants to play for a team he can take an easy and not risk hurting himself.

Kid would have never bought into UK and Cal's program. You must be unselfish and willing to give up minutes here.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Mommy, I want to be close to home. I’m scared of my name being on TV, and Calipari is kind of intimidating. I don’t want all of that attention.

I can’t wait to go to the NBA in 8 months where I fly away from mommy through 80 something games and have mad pressure to produce against the worlds best talent.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Don't know why anyone would freak out. Posted last week he was a luxury player. We have two other incoming guys who do what he does. Nice to have but not a necessity.

Head scratching for sure though
  • Options
    Founders Club
    With all the info about who’s getting paid and set up for the future, I’d believe it came down to something like the handlers.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Never to be heard from again. Oh well, if he really thinks Washington was the best basketball choice, then he was too stupid to come here anyway. I hope he has a fun year of college out on the Pacific coast! Beautiful campus.. Can’t beat the views.

Lets get EJ and Nick back and I’m excited for next year!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    McDaniels would have been really nice to have. But who is to say that he would not come in and have the exact same type freshman year EJ had ? I mean it is really possible. EJ was our highest rated player last year. A second year EJ is a way safer bet than a first year McDaniels. We have no clue how he will perform his freshman year. But i can say with fairly good certainty, EJ will be vastly improved his sophomore year. So if we get EJ back (i feel really certain we will), it is not like we will bare at the position. He will play the 5 very nicely. Now if we do not get EJ or Nick back, Cal had better have a couple Aces up his sleeve (which he does).
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I get that he doesn't pick UK for distance or staying close to home... but Washington? Washington?

The funny thing is he wants to play in the NBA! YOU ARE NEVER HOME!!!! GET USED TO IT
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    @Gladstone keepem coming :wink: those salty tears
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

I get it, it's fun to dream, but an Elite 8 would be fantastic to me.

We're talking about a coach who has one exactly one tournament game and a program that hasn't been past the sweet 16 since 19 fucking 53.

We won't be top 10 preseason. Getting to the E8 would be a huge huge step.
    And getting there would help future recruits. It amazes me how Romar would recruit when he never got past the sweet 16 even with a number 1 seed.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

I get it, it's fun to dream, but an Elite 8 would be fantastic to me.

We're talking about a coach who has one exactly one tournament game and a program that hasn't been past the sweet 16 since 19 fucking 53.

We won't be top 10 preseason. Getting to the E8 would be a huge huge step.
    Should also be noted it's going to be a ROUGH road for whatever team wins the conference, even given the class we have, Arizona AND USC are ahead of us in rankings, and Oregon is only 4 spots back.

There's been nothing but big dick energy from Hopkins so far, he'll need to keep it going.