Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jaden McDaniels (Federal Way) (COMMITTED) (EMFA KENTUCKY)

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Probably my least favorite husky basketball player of all time.

Yeah it used to be Wroten for me but Wroten was significantly better in his one and done year.
    I hate all those fags who transferred to Gonzaga. Dickau, Brown, Knight, Williams-Goss.

Don’t agree on Dickau. One of my favorite college hoopers. I can’t blame NWG either. He wanted to win.
    All those guys except maybe Knight made the right choice, and hard to blame him either. IIRC he transferred because he hated Doug Wrenn.

Fair.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:
    When people say that some people just mentally mature enough to go into the NBA McDaniels is that...

He isnt good enough to have the sleepy/mopey attitude, its going to drive coaches and trainers absolutely insane. Im not even sure he even likes to play basketball let alone has the passion and work ethic to make it in any competitive league.

81% chance he continues to not put in the work off the court, He is well below average when it comes to his shooting as a guard, ball handling, and physical development.
    I can agree that his ball handling and shooting aren't as good as he thinks they are, but he wasn't necessarily a low effort player, just extremely sloppy.

He was pretty disruptive on D, effort wasn’t an issue. Trying to be Kevin Durant was the issue.
    His defense sucked, except for the highlight backside block... He struggled to stay in front of his man by moving his feet and there were more than a couple games he picked up a ton of unnecessary fouls with his poor defense.

Its a large part of why Hop had to move him off the top of the Zone (at the start of the season) to the wings where he was less of a liability.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I agree that he has some motor, but he takes plays off too. He’s not a good shooter, is weak and gets pushed around the hoop, and he’s a below average playmaker.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I agree that he has some motor, but he takes plays off too. He’s not a good shooter, is weak and gets pushed around the hoop, and he’s a below average playmaker.

Agree on all fronts
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Doogles said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:
    When people say that some people just mentally mature enough to go into the NBA McDaniels is that...

He isnt good enough to have the sleepy/mopey attitude, its going to drive coaches and trainers absolutely insane. Im not even sure he even likes to play basketball let alone has the passion and work ethic to make it in any competitive league.

81% chance he continues to not put in the work off the court, He is well below average when it comes to his shooting as a guard, ball handling, and physical development.
    I can agree that his ball handling and shooting aren't as good as he thinks they are, but he wasn't necessarily a low effort player, just extremely sloppy.

He was pretty disruptive on D, effort wasn’t an issue. Trying to be Kevin Durant was the issue.
    Effort was good when he thought he could get a steal or block ... super lazy and indifferent otherwise
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Wait, it wasn’t official until now???
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Projected mid first round, maybe creep into the back end of the lottery.

If he came back and dominated college as a sophomore there is no reason to think he couldn't go first overall with his measurables.

There's also the strong possibility he's just not that good or willing to work on fulfilling his potential and getting exposed.

I think, like Chriss, it's right to leave early when some coach will believe they can mold you while you're still young.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    He got the roll the dice part right ... don’t spend all that money in one spot

Anybody with any kind of self confidence would say that returning to school, working on your craft, and getting drafted higher (more $$$) is a prudent play ...

Only reason this makes sense is if you believe that there won’t be a CFB season next year
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    Tequilla said:

He got the roll the dice part right ... don’t spend all that money in one spot

Anybody with any kind of self confidence would say that returning to school, working on your craft, and getting drafted higher (more $$$) is a prudent play ...

Only reason this makes sense is if you believe that there won’t be a CFB season next year

If he's lucky, he gets two years of NBA coin and ends up playing in Wuhan.

• Options
    Doogles said:

If he came back and dominated college as a sophomore there is no reason to think he couldn't go first overall with his measurables.

There's also the strong possibility he's just not that good or willing to work on fulfilling his potential and getting exposed.

I think, like Chriss, it's right to leave early when some coach will believe they can mold you while you're still young.

I don't see him going until late first round at best.

Chriss was a much better bet.
  • Options
    BTP releases an ELITE statement.

• Options
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Not sure I’d go that far. Chris’s was raw AF. At least JMac has some skills.
  • Options

dnc said:

Doogles said:

Chriss could shoot.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

Chriss could shoot.
    That is not my memory of him as a player at all. But I don’t care enough to check the stats.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2020
    Doogles said:

He would never go first. I do think in time, he would be a good college basketball player and he’s not close to ready for the NBA, but this is what player’s like him do.

Chriss was the easiest bust call ever. He fouled out every game at UW not because he was aggressive, but because he was always late reacting. Chriss has never had the right basketball IQ.

McDaniels has a better shot in the NBA than Chriss because he has a higher skill level. That said, McDaniels also has no stand out skill.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

Chriss could shoot.
    That is not my memory of him as a player at all. But I don’t care enough to check the stats.
    He shot a slightly better three point percentage than Jaden and a much higher 2 point percentage (on more 2s per game).

Chriss had the makings of a classic stretch four. His issue was his inability to stay out of foul trouble as Roadie noted.

I'm very surprised Chriss hasn't been a better 3 point shooter in the NBA. His 3 point percentage has literally gotten worse every season since he set foot at UW. For someone as raw as he was at UW you expect continued improvement not continued decline.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    What role does McDaniels play in the NBA? He's going to have to completely redefine his game to contribute anything. He's not going to be a ball handler for any NBA team, at least not for awhile. He just doesn't make good enough decisions.

And if he can't handle the ball what is he? I guess if he develops his shot he can get some run as a spot up shooter who brings defensive length.

I just don't see NBA teams lining up to draft him. Especially in a pretty decent draft.

If he goes before 25 I'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • Options
    When Chriss declared for the draft I el oh el’d.

When he got drafted in the lottery I went full roflcopter.

I mean, good for him, but how?