Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Fautanu, 2019 4* OL, Henderson (Liberty), NV (COMMITTED: HOLY SHIT)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    M

He just liked a post from an SC blogger an hour ago about having recruiting updates soon so I’m thinking he’s #fighton

#NansenNeverSleeps #ButHeDoesPassOutSometims
    #bottleinthedrawer
  • Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

"The visit I took there didn't surprise me because I knew what to expect with coach Chris Petersen," Fautanu told 247Sports after his trip. "I was very impressed with the program and Washington is climbing its way up there. I really liked the visit and being around some of the guys, meeting coach Scott Huff and getting a feel for everything in Seattle was great for me."

A top OL target hadn't even met Scott Huff before June? @NorwegianHusky was right: he will have to be fired after Kalepo isn't the recruiting coordinator anymore.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I got you partner!

Troy Fautanu has narrowed his long list of choices heading into the high school football season and a source tells 247Sports that there is a front-runner among the group.

A new Crystal Ball selection is in for the Washington Huskies, one of the eight programs that the three-star offensive tackle from Henderson (Nev.) Liberty named as a contender for his commitment early in the summer.

A source close to Fautanu's recruitment believes that USC is the biggest threat to Washington and a decision might be revealed within the next couple weeks. The Huskies earned the most recent unofficial visit at the end of June.

"It's definitely the Washington staff," a source said. "They have made Troy feel like he's not only wanted, but needed."

"The visit I took there didn't surprise me because I knew what to expect with coach Chris Petersen," Fautanu told 247Sports after his trip. "I was very impressed with the program and Washington is climbing its way up there. I really liked the visit and being around some of the guys, meeting coach Scott Huff and getting a feel for everything in Seattle was great for me."

The Huskies currently hold commitments from offensive linemen Nathaniel Kalepo and Corey Luciano in the 2019 class, along with Sama Paama who has the potential to play at the line on either side of the ball.

If Fautanu commits won't be long until Buelow pulls the trigger for basically one more OL spot
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Fautanu and Buelow and this O line class is a wrap?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I got you partner!

Troy Fautanu has narrowed his long list of choices heading into the high school football season and a source tells 247Sports that there is a front-runner among the group.

A new Crystal Ball selection is in for the Washington Huskies, one of the eight programs that the three-star offensive tackle from Henderson (Nev.) Liberty named as a contender for his commitment early in the summer.

A source close to Fautanu's recruitment believes that USC is the biggest threat to Washington and a decision might be revealed within the next couple weeks. The Huskies earned the most recent unofficial visit at the end of June.

"It's definitely the Washington staff," a source said. "They have made Troy feel like he's not only wanted, but needed."

The Huskies currently hold commitments from offensive linemen Nathaniel Kalepo and Corey Luciano in the 2019 class, along with Sama Paama who has the potential to play at the line on either side of the ball.

If Fautanu commits won't be long until Buelow pulls the trigger for basically one more OL spot
    This is the big question, are they taking one more or two more?

Two more would obviously make the most sense but we've taken less OL than made sense to me basically every year under Pete. A class of four (even if one is a JUCO) would be a step in the right direction, especially with those four, and with the possibility of Paama switching sides if needed.
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

I got you partner!

Two more would obviously make the most sense but we've taken less OL than made sense to me basically every year under Pete. A class of four (even if one is a JUCO) would be a step in the right direction, especially with those four, and with the possibility of Paama switching sides if needed.
    5 if we can close Enokk, even though he’s a mission guy
    That's the dream scenario, and seems perfectly realistic.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

I got you partner!

Yessir! Ennok Vimahi would be the cherry on top with him going on a mission!
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I think ika is the one out. He's awesome but i think tuitele is coming as well as beulow and
    dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

I got you partner!

Or even better, with him changing his mind and not going.
    Stash him. Let him physically mature. Take wright and ika in thus class
  • Options
    animate said:

I think ika is the one out. He's awesome but i think tuitele is coming as well as beulow and

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

I got you partner!

That's not the way it works though. Missions make kids less likely to succeed at the college level, not more likely.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2018
    dnc said:

animate said:

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

I got you partner!

That's not the way it works though. Missions make kids less likely to succeed at the college level, not more likely.
    Have there been actual studies about this?

I kinda believe it but putting my doog hat on I think Petermans coaching program can extract positive gains.

I mean, historically hasn't places like Utah and BYU done well with mission kids?

• Options
    animate said:

dnc said:

animate said:

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

I got you partner!

Have there been actual studies about this?
    Not sure but I know our resident Morman expert @89ute laid out an incredibly convincing argument. It definitely makes sense that two years away from the sport/nutrition/training room is going to be worse for a young man, not better.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,976
    edited August 2018
    I disagree with @89ute. His info is out dated. All the mormon kids I now get up at 5 am everyday for an hour of crossfit on their missions. They come back bigger and stronger then ever.
  • Options
    Bread said:

I disagree with @89ute. His info is out dated. All the mormon kids I now get up at 5 am everyday for an hour of crossfit on their missions. They come back bigger and stronger then ever.

Crossfit?

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Bread said:

Crossfit?

In before the @MikeDamone flags