Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Fautanu, 2019 4* OL, Henderson (Liberty), NV (COMMITTED: HOLY SHIT)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

This kid has it made! Dad works for Delta so he gets free airfare. He's already hit Utah, Cal, Colorado, USC, UCLA, Vandy, and is at Duke today.

He says UW, UO, and ND are next in line. Had planned to be here next week but coaches are heading out so he's going to reschedule.

Grew up in Federal Way, says he still has family and "close friends" there. His mom is close with the family of Alameda Ta'amu.

Played RB and FB growing up, and I love him.

My dream class is: Kalepo, Buelow, ElderVimahi and Fautanu.
    We have a realistic shot at this. Prayingdoog.gif

Plus Lucky Luciano to fill in depth.
    Luciano is fucking fantastic. I just count him in the Kirkland/Norgy/Bain class.

Please to be taking 4 a year instead of 3 a year Scott Huff.

Thank you.
    Is that really Huff's call though? I assume Pete is making the calls about how many per position, no?
    I assume Pete makes the call on some level, but Huff only got like 2.5 guys a year at Boise too.

It's a strategy that is deeply flawed and stupid.
    OL take time to develop. So taking 4 should be a fucking norm
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

This kid has it made! Dad works for Delta so he gets free airfare. He's already hit Utah, Cal, Colorado, USC, UCLA, Vandy, and is at Duke today.

He says UW, UO, and ND are next in line. Had planned to be here next week but coaches are heading out so he's going to reschedule.

Grew up in Federal Way, says he still has family and "close friends" there. His mom is close with the family of Alameda Ta'amu.

Played RB and FB growing up, and I love him.

My dream class is: Kalepo, Buelow, ElderVimahi and Fautanu.
    We have a realistic shot at this. Prayingdoog.gif

Plus Lucky Luciano to fill in depth.
    Luciano is fucking fantastic. I just count him in the Kirkland/Norgy/Bain class.

Please to be taking 4 a year instead of 3 a year Scott Huff.

Thank you.
    Is that really Huff's call though? I assume Pete is making the calls about how many per position, no?
    I assume Pete makes the call on some level, but Huff only got like 2.5 guys a year at Boise too.

It's a strategy that is deeply flawed and stupid.
    It's a strategy that works in the MWC when you only need a couple of guys per year to be at the starting level. Doesn't cut it to compete at a power five level.

Pete's been coming around to the fact that he needs talent that can step in at a high(replacement) level from the start rather than diamond in the rough projects that he can take 2-4 years to develop before starting.
  • Options
    justthrowitinthebagjustthrowitinthebag Member Posts: 150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Our OL recruiting sucks ass. always has been. last years class was the best OL class we've had in years and it wasn't even THAT great.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Our OL recruiting sucks ass. always has been. last years class was the best OL class we've had in years and it wasn't even THAT great.

That class will be surpassed by this one, which will be surpassed by 2020. Huff looks like he might fuck.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

That class will be surpassed by this one, which will be surpassed by 2020. Huff looks like he might fuck.
    Not so sure 2020 will surpass this one. This year's class could be pretty special.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Not so sure 2020 will surpass this one. This year's class could be pretty special.
    You might be right. It's entirely dependent on Myles Murao, but he really likes us. I think Memmelaar, Murao, and Hatchett would edge out Buelow, Kalepo, Fautanu, but it obviously depends on development over the next year.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

You might be right. It's entirely dependent on Myles Murao, but he really likes us. I think Memmelaar, Murao, and Hatchett would edge out Buelow, Kalepo, Fautanu, but it obviously depends on development over the next year.
    Agreed if we hit on all of those it probably exceeds this year's class. That's a big if though.

Irregardless, it's a mute poont, Huff's the shit.
    It's a Dawgy Dawg world out there
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Agreed if we hit on all of those it probably exceeds this year's class. That's a big if though.

Irregardless, it's a mute poont, Huff's the shit.
    Even if 2020 isn't "better" the ceiling has been raised and 2020 should be a lot better than what our previous classes were.
  • Options

I'll believe it when I see it. Offensive line is still a major issue on this team, much worse than WR. Who the fuck is playing tackle when Trey and Kaleb graduate? Jared Hilbers? redshirt freshman Matteo Mele (I think he'll be awesome, just don't want him starting in year 2), Bainivalu coming off a broken back, who probably fits better at G anyway? I'm very nervous. We have very little talent in the OL room.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I'll believe it when I see it. Offensive line is still a major issue on this team, much worse than WR. Who the fuck is playing tackle when Trey and Kaleb graduate? Jared Hilbers? redshirt freshman Matteo Mele (I think he'll be awesome, just don't want him starting in year 2), Bainivalu coming off a broken back, who probably fits better at G anyway? I'm very nervous. We have very little talent in the OL room.
    Henry Robert made some progress. Hopefully he has a Turpin like senior season. He is talented
  • Options

Well obviously it takes a few years for the on-field results to match the recruiting. Hilbers/Bain have nothing to do with Huff. I'm not confident in our 2019 depth, I just see the recruiting aspect changing pretty quickly with Huff.
  • Options

Henry Robert made some progress. Hopefully he has a Turpin like senior season. He is talented
    He is very talented. Maybe this is his year. IDK. I just do not at all feel good about the OL this season, especially the interior. Moving forward I'm nervous too. Huff appears to be able to recruit - if he reels in Beulow + another good one, I'll be happy with that and Kalepo.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He is very talented. Maybe this is his year. IDK. I just do not at all feel good about the OL this season, especially the interior. Moving forward I'm nervous too. Huff appears to be able to recruit - if he reels in Beulow + another good one, I'll be happy with that and Kalepo.
    I'm worried about Adams too.
  • Options

This year will be fine in my opinion, barring injury of course because of the depth issues. Harris moving from OG to C will help him. Wattenberg looked really solid last year and should step up. The RG spot is the biggest question mark but if Roberts can stick there we might be alright.