Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Fautanu, 2019 4* OL, Henderson (Liberty), NV (COMMITTED: HOLY SHIT)

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

animate said:

I think ika is the one out. He's awesome but i think tuitele is coming as well as beulow and

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

I got you partner!

Troy Fautanu has narrowed his long list of choices heading into the high school football season and a source tells 247Sports that there is a front-runner among the group.

A new Crystal Ball selection is in for the Washington Huskies, one of the eight programs that the three-star offensive tackle from Henderson (Nev.) Liberty named as a contender for his commitment early in the summer.

A source close to Fautanu's recruitment believes that USC is the biggest threat to Washington and a decision might be revealed within the next couple weeks. The Huskies earned the most recent unofficial visit at the end of June.

"It's definitely the Washington staff," a source said. "They have made Troy feel like he's not only wanted, but needed."

"The visit I took there didn't surprise me because I knew what to expect with coach Chris Petersen," Fautanu told 247Sports after his trip. "I was very impressed with the program and Washington is climbing its way up there. I really liked the visit and being around some of the guys, meeting coach Scott Huff and getting a feel for everything in Seattle was great for me."

The Huskies currently hold commitments from offensive linemen Nathaniel Kalepo and Corey Luciano in the 2019 class, along with Sama Paama who has the potential to play at the line on either side of the ball.

If Fautanu commits won't be long until Buelow pulls the trigger for basically one more OL spot
    This is the big question, are they taking one more or two more?

Two more would obviously make the most sense but we've taken less OL than made sense to me basically every year under Pete. A class of four (even if one is a JUCO) would be a step in the right direction, especially with those four, and with the possibility of Paama switching sides if needed.
    5 if we can close Enokk, even though he’s a mission guy
    Yessir! Ennok Vimahi would be the cherry on top with him going on a mission!
    Or even better, with him changing his mind and not going.
    Stash him. Let him physically mature. Take wright and ika in thus class
    That's not the way it works though. Missions make kids less likely to succeed at the college level, not more likely.
    It makes them more unpredictable if they will want to be good and put in the work like you said, but if that do want to be great and become good and go to the nfl tons of done that too. Two of UTah's best linebackers Hansen and Barnard are mission kids. It's just like any other PSA, some pan out and some don't. I would say more high profile kids elect NOT to go on missions than the marginal prospects though.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Hopefully no divorce are planned by the parents

You shut your whore mouth!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Two more UW crystal balls. Probably just copy cat picks though following Biggins but still. Total of five now and he's 100% crystal balled to UW. I like him. He's lean and athletic and will be a nice swing player who can play all five positions. 6'4 270 now. Probably a lean 6'4 310 a couple years from now. Keep the Poly momentum rolling baby!

You like everyone, but agree.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Two more UW crystal balls. Probably just copy cat picks though following Biggins but still. Total of five now and he's 100% crystal balled to UW. I like him. He's lean and athletic and will be a nice swing player who can play all five positions. 6'4 270 now. Probably a lean 6'4 310 a couple years from now. Keep the Poly momentum rolling baby!

You like everyone, but agree.
    Everyone but Ale and Kalepo and anyone who goes to Oregon
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mormon missions probably prepare the guys to balance football and school better than anything. They get up at 6 ish, study, and will be used to a stringent schedule. They come back two more years physically mature so the ability to add mass is easier. As for legit prospects, a buddy of mine went on a mission with a couple of poly kids that had no issues going to a golds gym in Brooklyn back in the day and both ended up in the NFL.
  • Options

Mormon missions probably prepare the guys to balance football and school better than anything. They get up at 6 ish, study, and will be used to a stringent schedule. They come back two more years physically mature so the ability to add mass is easier. As for legit prospects, a buddy of mine went on a mission with a couple of poly kids that had no issues going to a golds gym in Brooklyn back in the day and both ended up in the NFL.

I think it depends a lot on where the kids are sent and what their specific mission entails. I have no doubt kids pledged to BYU get the assignments where they have the best resources available.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

I think it depends a lot on where the kids are sent and what their specific mission entails. I have no doubt kids pledged to BYU get the assignments where they have the best resources available.
    I've noticed that preferred missions kids get places like Seattle etc. Non-preferred kids get places like the Congo or Haiti.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Austin collie disagrees.
  • Options

dnc said:

Austin collie disagrees.
    Where'd he go?
  • Options
    Chile. He also was also highly touted as a signee and a stud as a true freshmen and then left which is rare. If they were going to protect anyone he would have been at the top of the list.

Pretty sure you can request to have a preference to go foreign or learn a language and that would make sense.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

#firehuff

I'm on board with this if Auburn destroys us up front.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

#firehuff

I'm on board with this when Auburn destroys us up front.
  • Options

Chile. He also was also highly touted as a signee and a stud as a true freshmen and then left which is rare. If they were going to protect anyone he would have been at the top of the list.

Pretty sure you can request to have a preference to go foreign or learn a language and that would make sense.

Where’d he go on his mission?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    dnc said:

Where’d he go on his mission?

Pretty sure you can request to have a preference to go foreign or learn a language and that would make sense
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's gonna be feel like BYU kids get a preference because nearly the entire team goes on one. That being said there are plenty of kids on the team that ended up in south america or the Philippines. Lolohea who I think has been gone for a year now went to Detroit. BTW, I hope CCP is actively writing him. I have a fear he'll spend time in Ann Arbor or East Lansing and get poached or fall in love with a girl there and decide not to don the P&G. Don't get me wrong, kids can get fucked over and become malnourished or catch a bug, but that's more the exception than the norm.